Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 17th October 2014, 17:34   #31
RSR
Senior - BHPian

re: Ford Figo-based compact sedan - The Aspire

So they're banking on their older Sigma TiVCT or Duratec engines in 1.2 lit. and 1.5 lit. guises to power the new Ka/Figo twins. Along with the staple 1.5 lit. TDCi or Duratorq engine, of course.

It would be better if they take a decision to locally manufacture the 1.0 lit. EcoBoost engine in India. They can get better margins on the EcoSport, and also give the facelifted Fiesta the 125PS version of the engine. For the Ka/Figo twins, they can use the lower powered 101PS version and the naturally aspirated 80PS version of the EcoBoost. This would give them the volumes they require to justify additional investment to localise production of this little wonder.

Last edited by RSR : 17th October 2014 at 17:38.
RSR is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th October 2014, 09:54   #32
Senior - BHPian

Why on earth is the 1.2L version of Figo more expensive than 1.5L counterpart? One can also see that the 1.2L hatch is costlier than the sedan version as well. How does one explain that?
PrideRed is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th November 2014, 18:01   #33
Team-BHP Support

The new Ford Figo hatchback has been spotted testing on the roads of Pune.

Link to Team-BHP News Article

Ford Figo-based compact sedan - The Aspire-new-figo.jpg

Image: Autocar India
Aditya is online now   (5) Thanks
Old 27th November 2014, 19:32   #34
D4D
BHPian

Reading about the ecoboost got me thinking about how ford missed an opportunity with the ecoboost.

The 1.0 ecoboost has two states of tune: 98 bhp and 123 bhp. (The 14x bhp version is being tested)

Put the 98 bhp ecoboost in the Figo and then, Ford, you have a winner. Hopefully this comes into the new car. The figo has a bad 1.2 l petrol which neither had good performance nor good efficiency.
Fact is: I've never spotted a Figo Petrol
Old 27th November 2014, 19:46   #35
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by D4D View Post
Reading about the ecoboost got me thinking about how ford missed an opportunity with the ecoboost.Hopefully this comes into the new car. The figo has a bad 1.2 l petrol which neither had good performance nor good efficiency.
Problem is the EcoBoost engine is currently imported, so pricing is a problem - even in the EcoSport, so it'll be even tighter if used in the Figo.

That's also the reason why Ford haven't offered the EcoBoost in the 2014 Fiesta, let alone the 2015 Figo.

EDIT: That said, I'd love a 2015 Figo with the EcoBoost engine!
Old 27th November 2014, 21:04   #36
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aditya View Post
The new Ford Figo hatchback has been spotted testing on the roads of Pune.

Link to Team-BHP News Article

Attachment 1312794

Image: Autocar India
This what remains camouflaged over there.

Ford Figo-based compact sedan - The Aspire-151972.jpg

Mod Note : It is now imperative for you to upload pictures directly to the Team-BHP Server. Click here to view our pictorial help article on uploading pics.

Please submit images ONLY via the Team-BHP Attachment System.

Last edited by moralfibre : 28th November 2014 at 08:42.
Old 28th November 2014, 00:41   #37
BHPian

Isn't the Ford Ka, a car developed specifically for emerging markets? If that's the case, then I'd be a bit worried about the safety of the car, having seen manufacturers' attitude towards these markets.
The Figo was proven to have strong build and stable structure. I hope they follow the same route with this one. In some cases, I feel that it is better to have dated versions of international models than to have newly designed low cost cars.
theredliner is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th November 2014, 08:39   #38
Senior - BHPian

Tail lights look very similar to the YRA hatch from Suzuki, on the lines of the Ciaz-City resemblance.
zenren is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th November 2014, 09:47   #39
BHPian

We all know that this car had a decent Diesel engine in the current generation, it was always the petrol that was lacking the oomph factor.

If this time they can launch the new Figo with decent petrol engine (at least 80 bhp for the normal variant and one sport variant with 1.5 ltr petrol) this will definitely attract many buyers looking for their first cars as well as enthusiasts.
Old 28th November 2014, 09:51   #40
BHPian

Wow! this should be the first picture of 2015 Figo that help me visualize how big this hatch is going to be. I mean the relative size when compared to Indica Vista, this is ain't bad at all and the dimension is promising isn't it?

Cheers!
Old 28th November 2014, 10:25   #41
Senior - BHPian

The car looks good but nothing special to attract all or create enthusiasm in the market. It will not stand out in the already crowded market, in fact it will be hidden. It will be a good car but what Ford need is volume seller. I don't think this car will do that. I don't see it giving competition to cars like Swift, i10 Grand, i20 Elite, etc. It may compete with cars like Polo, Punto mainly. For last few months Ford has lost all the attention in the market, people are not much interested in Eco-Sport as well now due to their attitude, waiting periods, price hikes etc. Anyways let's see how Ford launches it.

Last edited by aniketi : 28th November 2014 at 10:27.
Old 28th November 2014, 10:40   #42
BHPian

It will be interesting to see if Ford play a Hyundai game with the new car. Basically position it against Grand i10 and reduce Figo prices to compete with the old i10. Purely based on looks or size, I do not think this has the potential to go slam bang against i20/Polo segment. Internationally, the Fiesta hatch competes with them and Ka would be a segment or half lower. But then I may be proved wrong.
vivekz is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th November 2014, 11:38   #43
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aniketi View Post
The car looks good but nothing special to attract all or create enthusiasm in the market. It will not stand out in the already crowded market, in fact it will be hidden. It will be a good car but what Ford need is volume seller. I don't think this car will do that. I don't see it giving competition to cars like Swift, i10 Grand, i20 Elite, etc. It may compete with cars like Polo, Punto mainly. For last few months Ford has lost all the attention in the market, people are not much interested in Eco-Sport as well now due to their attitude, waiting periods, price hikes etc. Anyways let's see how Ford launches it.
Are we not jumping the gun by saying this car will not sell in volumes. This car will have the brilliant 1.5 TDCI. Ford needs to maintain the VFM tag on the Figo brand . And i totally disagree with you on the fact this car will be hidden in the crowded market. If you look at the diesel car within 7 lacs OTR , Swift is a bit old now. i20 top end is 9 lacs OTR . i10 diesel 1.1 is nothing exciting. I would still say this car will have its own market . For petrol ,yes it will have stiff competition.
Old 28th November 2014, 11:46   #44
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by D4D View Post
The figo has a bad 1.2 l petrol which neither had good performance nor good efficiency.
Fact is: I've never spotted a Figo Petrol
Agree with the first line. The only drawback for this car is the engine. And add to the low power and efficiency, it has its mood swings when it performs satisfactorily or power is just not there with AC.

Surprised you've never spotted at Petrol Figo. They are much more than a petrol Indica or probably a petrol Punto.

Hoping the new Figo has a good Petrol engine in store and it will be a driver's car.

Last edited by tharian : 28th November 2014 at 11:48.
tharian is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 28th November 2014, 11:49   #45
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karanraheja View Post
Are we not jumping the gun by saying this car will not sell in volumes. This car will have the brilliant 1.5 TDCI. Ford needs to maintain the VFM tag on the Figo brand . And i totally disagree with you on the fact this car will be hidden in the crowded market. If you look at the diesel car within 7 lacs OTR , Swift is a bit old now. i20 top end is 9 lacs OTR . i10 diesel 1.1 is nothing exciting. I would still say this car will have its own market . For petrol ,yes it will have stiff competition.
People buy cars and not engine. So even if they have 1.5 TDCI engine people will look at the overall package. Other things which matters most are price, looks, features, A.S.S., brand, comfort, ride & handling, resale value, spare parts cost, etc. On looks, its nothing great for sure, all will agree to that. On service part, its not well known and spares are generally on higher side. Resale is generally low for all Ford cars. We all know that even if Swift, Wagon R are old, fact is it still sells in large numbers, & will continue the same way. It has huge Maruti Brand advantage which Ford don't have. Considering all these factors, i am sure it will not be a huge seller unless Ford does something extraordinary for the car

Last edited by aniketi : 28th November 2014 at 11:50.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks