Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 9th September 2015, 16:37   #1021
BHPian

Re: Ford Figo-based compact sedan - The Aspire

Quote:
Originally Posted by methecupid View Post
Thanks for your perspectives guys! I think it's truly incredible to see how divided yet unbiased our views can be. These discussions atleast doesn't eek of 'alleged' fanboy-ism and absolute resentment that we witness sometimes.

Personally, I think a test drive is a mandatory exercise for everyone who's considering this (or any) car.
Totally agree with you. A test drive to make sure the car fits your requirements is an absolute must before any purchase, let alone this one.

Different folks have vastly different driving styles and different expectations from the same car/engine.

That said, the general perspective is that Ford's 1.2 which powered the Figo till now and is now tweaked for the Aspire for more power, is not really a scorcher. They've only just managed to bring it on par with the rest of the segment offerings, if we consider BHP and torque numbers - till now that engine was way behind.

It's also wouldn't surprise me that just like the recent VVT 1.2 NA engines from various companies, even this new 1.2 from Ford would need to be revved to make progress as low end torque probably wouldn't be that great.

I haven't TD'd the Aspire yet, so would reserve my comments till I actually drive one.
Old 9th September 2015, 21:18   #1022
BANNED

I did the PDI of Aspire automatic. As per the reviews one can only use tiptronic mode in S mode. In case I need to make a quick overtaking manoeuvre can I shift to S mode while I'm driving in D mode. This is my first automatic, pardon my ignorance.
I have been quoted a bumper to bumper insurance for 13600 by Oriental Insurance, while the same through the dealer is 27000! Can the difference be so high?
Old 9th September 2015, 21:22   #1023
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Rationalist View Post
I did the PDI of Aspire automatic. As per the reviews one can only use tiptronic mode in S mode. In case I need to make a quick overtaking manoeuvre can I shift to S mode while I'm driving in D mode. This is my first automatic, pardon my ignorance.
I have been quoted a bumper to bumper insurance for 13600 by Oriental Insurance, while the same through the dealer is 27000! Can the difference be so high?
Yes on both counts.
You can change to sports mode while car is moving in drive D mode.
You won't get cashless facility from Oriental insurance though. But the difference is significant enough to sacrifice cashless facility.
AlokSriva is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th September 2015, 11:34   #1024
BHPian

I would appreciate feedback from owners/to be owners of Ford Aspire 1.5 Diesel regarding the zero depreciation insurance i.e.
a) Was it brought from the Dealer/Outside Vendor?
b) Did the Dealer Negotiate?
c) Insurance Policy Vendor and Quote along with the important features/riders of the policy.
Old 10th September 2015, 12:19   #1025
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Rationalist View Post
I got the bumper to bumper insurance for 22780 from Royal Sundaram and I can continue to opt for zero depreciation policy till 5th year end. You may need to check with Oriental on the policy continuity for the succeeding years. Dealer quoted insurance was 35,000

1.5 AT is good to drive, but gives the feeling of a confused gear box when you need the momentum to overtake. This feedback is from the test drive car, since I am yet to hit the highways or cross 60 KMPH in my own car. In S Mode, preset speed limits are set to shift to higher gears. For Example, I read on the forum that 6th gear could be engaged post reaching 120 KMPH only. I tried shifting to 5th Gear at 50 KMPH and the gear box refused to shift with blinking signs on display. I am out for a long drive tomorrow and will post the experience in few days.
vinu99@gmail.co is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 10th September 2015, 12:25   #1026
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinu99@gmail.co View Post
1.5 AT is good to drive, but gives the feeling of a confused gear box when you need the momentum to overtake.
Did you experience this confused gearbox feeling only in D mode, or in S mode as well?
Old 10th September 2015, 12:36   #1027
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonSnow View Post
Did you experience this confused gearbox feeling only in D mode, or in S mode as well?
It was experienced in S Mode. I would not bet on S Mode for tight overtaking unless proven otherwise. It did not give me much confidence in S Mode in the city. Earlier, I had taken a test drive of Escosport AT and was disappointed. I Hope the lower kerb weight would make a difference with Aspire.

1.5 TDCi is a revelation when you push the car. Without any timing measurement, I could feel it was doing a sub 10 second 0-100 sprint.

Last edited by vinu99@gmail.co : 10th September 2015 at 12:39. Reason: Added Info
vinu99@gmail.co is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th September 2015, 15:37   #1028
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpkbehera View Post
...owners of Ford Aspire 1.5 Diesel regarding the zero depreciation insurance i.e.
a) Was it brought from the Dealer/Outside Vendor?
b) Did the Dealer Negotiate?
c) Insurance Policy Vendor and Quote along with the important features/riders of the policy.
a) I bought from the dealer
b) Dealer did not negotiate
c) Bajaj Allianz, Policy quote was Rs. 37,000 (I have a 1.5 Diesel Titanium+ version), It is a zero dep, comprehensive policy, road side assistance, cashless transaction at any Ford ASS.

Extra info: The dealer also gave an additional warranty of 1 year for Rs. 6.5K approx. and there is an option to increase the total warranty period upto 5 years/ 100K km.
witwiky is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th September 2015, 16:36   #1029
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by witwiky View Post
c) Bajaj Allianz, Policy quote was Rs. 37,000 (I have a 1.5 Diesel Titanium+ version), It is a zero dep, comprehensive policy, road side assistance, cashless transaction at any Ford ASS.
Bajaj Allianz, Policy quote is almost the same outside i.e. Rs. 36,000. Royal Sundaram is offering a much lower quote at Rs 23000 - 24000.
Old 11th September 2015, 00:10   #1030
BHPian

Does someone have the email for some higher ups at Ford?

I have emailed Ford customer service at custmail@ford.com about the illegal handling charges being levied by my dealer and while they were responsive at first, telling me that they are looking into the matter, they have been maintaining a radio silence for the past 5 days. :(
d3mon is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th September 2015, 08:04   #1031
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by d3mon View Post
I have emailed Ford customer service at custmail@ford.com about the illegal handling charges being levied by my dealer and while they were responsive at first, telling me that they are looking into the matter, they have been maintaining a radio silence for the past 5 days. :(
Even though the handling charges are illegal, i do not think it is being enforced strictly by the RTO as they are hand in glove with the dealers.

Earlier the dealers were insisting that the Insurance and the essential kit should be purchased from them. However after following up with the customer service, they have agreed to waive the condition.
dpkbehera is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th September 2015, 16:49   #1032
BHPian

One thing that makes me really wonder is ,in-spite of the car being a launched a month ago , we still don`t have the official review
Old 11th September 2015, 22:08   #1033
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by d3mon View Post
Does someone have the email for some higher ups at Ford?

Yesterday i booked a diesel titanium version of the aspire. The quote i got shows 6500 as L&F charges. Is this the one you mentioned above.
Attached Thumbnails
Ford Figo-based compact sedan - The Aspire-quote.jpg  

castiel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th September 2015, 00:32   #1034
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by castiel View Post
Yesterday i booked a diesel titanium version of the aspire. The quote i got shows 6500 as L&F charges. Is this the one you mentioned above.
Yes, here in bangalore, they're charging 6250 as "Handling charges".
The GM of the dealership was pretty upfront about this number being arrived at after a discussion with all the Ford dealerships in bangalore - clearly indicates a nexus of dealerships and unfair trade practices.

Anyway, I got a call back from Ford India after I messaged them on Facebook. They were trying to weasel out by saying that I must have agreed on some terms and conditions by signing on my booking form, but I said aha! I booked my car remotely and transferred the money online -so I didn't end up signing anywhere. All communication was over email only. Let's see if this goes anywhere.
d3mon is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th September 2015, 07:24   #1035
BHPian

OK let us know how it goes. Anybody else here able to get the L&F charges waived off?
There is an essential" kit worth 3901 in the quote. Is it worth buying?

The insurance costs 27541 from ford.Does it make sense to you guys?

I tried some online comparison sites but there is no option to select this model

I could get it cheaper outside but will miss the cashless facility. Is there any other advantage in buying from ford?
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks