Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 29th November 2013, 10:11   #256
BANNED

Re: Pics & Report: 2014 Honda City unveiled in India

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zappex View Post

NO Rear disc brakes, ESP, Six Airbags, Variable geometry turbo, AT (Diesel)
Please remember the vTec in Mk.I had rear discs. I guess they are keeping the VGT for either an higher end model or the Civic (if and when it comes) and CRV.
sgiitk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th November 2013, 10:27   #257
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by FarPatel View Post
The charming sales executive advised me against using my credit card since it involves an unnecessary 2% surcharge.
An OT post here. You can always fight back asking the reason for 2% surcharge. At present, no bank charges 2% to merchants, so merchants MUST NOT charge 2%. I'm currently fighting a battles with morons of HDFC Bank (over a 2.81% surcharge for a debit card swipe at an HDFC Bank terminal at a BP pump). Those morons paste a standard response irrespective of the question that I ask
Old 29th November 2013, 10:52   #258
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sa_kiran View Post
An OT post here. You can always fight back asking the reason for 2% surcharge.
===========Those morons paste a standard response irrespective of the question that I ask
Perhaps you're right, but the deed is done. I've booked it yesterday, with a cheque. I'll confirm this with my bank and keep it in mind for the future. Thanks.
Old 29th November 2013, 11:01   #259
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by FarPatel View Post
Perhaps you're right, but the deed is done. I've booked it yesterday, with a cheque. I'll confirm this with my bank and keep it in mind for the future. Thanks.
All the best and have a great ride with your car. I'm sure Honda will deliver a "Fill It, Shut It, Forget It" car, as usual. I'm one of the happy iVETC drivers.

Here is the notification by NPCI, related to surcharges on debit card usage - http://www.npci.org.in/documents/NPC...icingRuPay.pdf

Last edited by sa_kiran : 29th November 2013 at 11:03.
Old 29th November 2013, 11:04   #260
Distinguished - BHPian

Off-topic::

Quote:
Originally Posted by sa_kiran View Post
...At present, no bank charges 2% to merchants, so merchants MUST NOT charge 2%. I'm currently fighting a battles with morons of HDFC Bank (over a 2.81% surcharge for a debit card swipe at an HDFC Bank terminal at a BP pump). Those morons paste a standard response irrespective of the question that I ask
Could you start a new thread on the problem and the steps you have taken to counter this? I wanted to know how to raise a complaint in such cases and your thread will provide a lot of insight to people like me.
Old 29th November 2013, 11:11   #261
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
Could you start a new thread on the problem and the steps you have taken to counter this? I wanted to know how to raise a complaint in such cases and your thread will provide a lot of insight to people like me.
There are a few related posts in "The Credit Card Thread". The support staff of banks try to wear you out by their stupidity and lethargy. Bear it for a month and then complain to the ombudsman. This is the only method they understand.
Old 29th November 2013, 20:26   #262
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by microaubin View Post
My question is why cant they provide both in the top end model? In fact they had actually listed a model with AVN and sunroof on their website, but pulled it off within a week.

I hope Honda rectifies this and the top most variant should have everything that particular model offers. There are lots of people who buy the topmost variant only since some of the features on such variants cannot be added later if one purchases a lower variant.
Hi microaubin,

Honda has addressed this issue in the current 4th generation line up. The top end Vx model will sport the advanced touch screen audio system and sunroof together. However, the V model in the 2014 line up may not come with the sunroof option, but definitely will have touch screen audio system.
Old 29th November 2013, 20:33   #263
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zappex View Post
What hurts is the fact that Honda is playing it extremely safe.

Six Airbags, The Verna does not have much to worry about in terms of equipment. Lets hope pricing can be a talking point.
Those dumboz at Hyundai has omitted curtain airbags from the top end model in the 2013 model. Still Hyundai offers more equipment. Wish it had better suspension and a better Auto Gearbox 5 speed or six Speed

Last edited by Sarvodaya : 29th November 2013 at 20:39.
Old 30th November 2013, 08:29   #264
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by asitkde View Post

Regarding the other concerns about ground clearance and safety features, I do not think there should be any concerns. In the 3rd generation City, Honda provided ABS with EBD...
I disagree. I may be wrong, but the 3rd gen City, (which I own), does not have ABS with EBD. Its just plain ABS. I have mentioned this as a concern in one of my previous posts as well.

Its just sad that Honda is unable to arrive at feature parity with EcoSport AT, which is the king of the hill currently.

Last edited by bsdbsd : 30th November 2013 at 08:32.
Old 30th November 2013, 12:15   #265
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsdbsd View Post
I disagree. I may be wrong, but the 3rd gen City, (which I own), does not have ABS with EBD. Its just plain ABS. I have mentioned this as a concern in one of my previous posts as well.

Its just sad that Honda is unable to arrive at feature parity with EcoSport AT, which is the king of the hill currently.
Honda always provides safety features across all models. The 3rd Generation City has ABS with EBD - see picture below from their brochure :
Attached Thumbnails
Pics & Report: 2014 Honda City unveiled in India-20131130-12.09.21.jpg  

spinks_69 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th November 2013, 12:23   #266
BHPian

Honda is expecting sales of 4000 units a month from their new model as per the newletter from AutocarIndia today.

Interesting to know the sales of different generations of Honda City :

Generation 1 : 59000 (1998-2003)
Generation 2 : 178000 (2003-2008)
Generation 3 : 193000 (2008-2013)

http://www.autocarindia.com/auto-new...-365974.aspx/0
spinks_69 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 30th November 2013, 12:33   #267
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by spinks_69 View Post
Same specced diesel as in the Amaze?? Absolutely no change to power/torque figures? Very disappointing.

First no VGT and now this. Looks like I will have to revert my booking to the petrol variant. Still, waiting for official confirmation (and Team-BHP review) on this piece of information before taking any decision.

And yes, safety features are standard across all variants, and should continue to be so in the 2014 City as well. One of the major reasons why I went for Pegasus, my 2012 Corporate.

Last edited by RavenAvi : 30th November 2013 at 12:34.
Old 30th November 2013, 12:47   #268
BHPian

@bsdbsd: This does not appear correct. Which year and which variant do you have? From at least the 2012 version, the City enjoyed ABS with EBD and Brake Assist, and dual front SRS airbags in all variants. People can say if this was true starting from 2009 version. In any case, to me this is a much better approach than filling the car with a lot of features but compromising on the minimum safety features in the lower variants. All these years people have been crying for ACC in a City, but very seldom I saw appreciation towards Honda for providing these minimum safety features across all variants of City.

According to many posts here, many manufacturers these days are reading the team-bhp forum and they are trying to make a conscious effort to try and understand the needs and concerns of an informed buyer. Is it not then better to raise the more important issues (like the rear discs or ESP) rather than always wanting more features. At least in this forum, we should not judge cars only by the creature features (from next higher segment etc), rather it should be more on the basic features like powertrain, suspension, handling, safety features, seating quality etc.. Please do not misunderstand me. I am not saying, some of the features in our wishlist is unimportant, but this should not overshadow the main issues.
asitkde is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 30th November 2013, 12:51   #269
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
Same specced diesel as in the Amaze?? Absolutely no change to power/torque figures? Very disappointing.

First no VGT and now this. Looks like I will have to revert my booking to the petrol variant. Still, waiting for official confirmation (and Team-BHP review) on this piece of information before taking any decision.

And yes, safety features are standard across all variants, and should continue to be so in the 2014 City as well. One of the major reasons why I went for Pegasus, my 2012 Corporate.
Disappointing for sure. One thought.
Kerb weight of Amaze Diesel is 1075 (110 more than petrol Amaze)
Kerb weight of 3rd Gen City Petrol was around 1100
So we can expect 4th Gen City Diesel to be around 100 - 150 more than the current Amaze Diesel. Not sure how much would be the performance impact of the extra 150 kg
crazyro is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th November 2013, 12:54   #270
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post

First no VGT and now this. Looks like I will have to revert my booking to the petrol variant. Still, waiting for official confirmation (and Team-BHP review) on this piece of information before taking any decision..
It is really disappointing for Honda City fans in India to be given the Fixed Geometry Turbo (FGT) instead of the Variable Geometry Turbo (VGT) for the new Honda City 2014 diesel engines.

Come on Honda you cannot keep India at the back yard of automobile technology in order to keep costs down. The difference in costs between the two would have substantially reduced by the economies of scale - considering the pent up demand for a Diesel City. In case if the same power and torque figures of Amaze is carried forward to the New City - the demand might not be significantly higher.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks