Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 27th November 2013, 15:31   #226
Senior - BHPian

Re: Pics & Report: 2014 Honda City unveiled in India

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
Birdie drops this info:

Likely variants on offer - E MT, S MT, V MT, VX MT, VX (Sunroof) MT, VX AT (Petrol only).

Likely Pricing (ex-showroom Delhi) :-
Petrol: 7.99L - 10.29L,
Diesel: 9.09L - 11.49L,
VX AT - 10.99L.
Hi @RavenAvi

This is exactly what I had speculated/ feared in the older/ other thread, after you had put your analysis re the pricing. But must say this is good pricing for the City both for diesel & petrol variants (if proves correct in future).

Thanks again
Old 27th November 2013, 15:40   #227
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
Birdie drops this info:

Likely variants on offer - E MT, S MT, V MT, VX MT, VX (Sunroof) MT, VX AT (Petrol only).

Likely Pricing (ex-showroom Delhi) :-
Petrol: 7.99L - 10.29L,
Diesel: 9.09L - 11.49L,
VX AT - 10.99L.
Are they doing away with the CE completely? Or will they offer it at a later stage.

I hope that the E-MT is not stripped away of the safety features. With the gen that just went, the safety features were present on all the variants.

Also, is the ACC standard across all variants?

IMO 7.99 lacs is killer pricing if all safety features and ACC is standard.

-Yogesh.
Old 27th November 2013, 15:59   #228
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by yogeshnagpal View Post
Are they doing away with the CE completely? Or will they offer it at a later stage.

I hope that the E-MT is not stripped away of the safety features. With the gen that just went, the safety features were present on all the variants.

IMO 7.99 lacs is killer pricing if all safety features and ACC is standard.

-Yogesh.
Hi @yogeshnagpal

I believe the CE will be introduced later.

& going by Honda's tradition with the City, all variants will have ABS as standard IMO.

However, I am not sure, will get ACC for the base. Moreover, ACC repairs can be a costly affair as these units are imported, but I do not think reliability of electronics is an issue with Japs & Koreans or even with Ford.
Old 27th November 2013, 16:10   #229
BHPian

After reading all the posts here and digesting all the pros and cons of the new City, based purely on photos and the launch details I have come to this happy conclusion: I had been thinking of shifting (not upgrading or downgrading, mind you) to the Amaze after driving only a Qualis for 13 years, so when the news of the City came up I thought it’s a good car to shift to, depending on two main points: whether it fits in my budget and ground clearance. I’m going to pre-book it this evening and if these two points find favour with me I’ll probably go in for it, after actually seeing it in the flesh and test-driving it with the family. Cheers
Old 27th November 2013, 16:19   #230
BANNED

Checked their site an hour ago. Still no brochure!
Old 27th November 2013, 17:47   #231
BHPian

When I woke on Monday morning, Nov 25th I was quite pleased and thrilled to see the mass message from Honda, to Honda owners about the unveiling of the new car. I'm not sure if most other brands do this, but it certainly had a feel good factor knowing there was a live webcast to log into and watch.

Being at work, and being busy that morning I could not, but I was fairly certain Team BHP would have covered it. I started reading about the 2014 City yesterday, and have to say that I am for most part quite impressed.

I was curious as to what the new 4th generation would look like, and seeing that its quite like the 3rd generation was a bit of a let down, but that said I agree with other bhpians that the existing 3rd generation looks quite slick and future proof. The design accents look good, and I'm sure come 2014 the new City will contribute aesthetically to our cities. (From the City, to the City)

The feature list is very impressive; leaving little to be wanted. The combination of diesel variants and the extensive feature list should make the 2014 City a formidable adversary; assume pricing is done well. Whats left is to sit back and see how things unfold.
virtualdanger is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th November 2013, 19:10   #232
BHPian

The front grill is a huge turn off. I would have preferred the UK Civic Type R grill, most beautiful car I've seen. The centre console looks very ordinary, doesn't give the premium feel(like the Cruze).
nim_peter is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th November 2013, 19:28   #233
Senior - BHPian

The car looks like a mixture of Amaze and outgoing City. It seems they are reusing parts of both the cars to make this new car.
I hope the extra wheelbase does not cause scraping of the underbelly. I expect a stiff suspension (unless they have a good ground clearance somehow).

I am hoping that the new Jazz is priced appropriately this time. That is the car to wait for.
Old 27th November 2013, 21:47   #234
BHPian

That dashboard and console brings back memories of my 1993 Honda Prelude Si - owned it for 2.5 years and absolutely loved the digital dashboard of that car!!!
Old 27th November 2013, 22:32   #235
Distinguished - BHPian

Hormazd Sorabjee's views on the 2014 City, straight from the launch:

SOURCE - Autocar India's Youtube Channel (http://www.youtube.com/user/autocarindia1?feature=watch)
RavenAvi is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th November 2013, 00:25   #236
BHPian

Overall, I'm impressed by this 'new-gen' City. The design upgrade though welcome, leaves something to be desired. In fact, I liked the old gen i.e. the outgoing City's wrap around headlights that stretch almost to the middle of the front wheel arch. Glad that Honda has gone with the twin barrel headlamp design; I was expecting projectors even if as an option. But the fat chrome grille is just plain ugly. I always used to despise people who slapped on that chrome strip on the current City and now Honda has gone ahead and done the same.

On the other hand, I'm really relieved that Honda has finally woke up in terms of equipment levels on their cars judging by the amount of kit on the new City. I just hope they don't stop here. Now only if they can price her right and sort out the suspension and/or GC in proportion to the increased wheelbase, they might as well have a winner on their hands!
Turbo_Torq is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th November 2013, 00:54   #237
BHPian

This facelift is not appealing to me externally. Its a different story inside.
Two beautiful sedans the city and linea would be going on the same lines in 2014. Better engines, improved interiors but messed up external looks.
Old 28th November 2013, 01:25   #238

Honda has surely managed to style a unique interior, different from any car on Indian roads at present; especially with the feather-touch aircon controls.

But IMHO, the piano-black finish isn't quite gelling with the rest of the dashboard. From pics, it seems the surface will reflect a lot during daytime and is a fingerprint-magnet. And where the hazard-light switch is placed, it almost looks like an afterthought. The Centre console just doesn't look centred. (in person impression could be different though)
Old 28th November 2013, 05:23   #239
BHPian

I went through all the posts here!! All the following comments are from my point of view.

Firstly-There is no point in comparing the city to the civic.The City can never replicate the panache and drama of a Civic. The Civic is a classy car and the City is an utilitarian car. Just because the new one has more kit than a Civic does not,in any way,give it the rights to be compared to a Civic Period!
Now coming to the car under scrutiny:
Exterior: Not bad! The Honda engineers think they have nailed "the" styling with the previous City and have just improved it. SO BE IT!!
Interior: Now this is my favorite part of the New City. That is one of the best instrument consoles that I have seen in a while. Also that is one of the best driver oriented dashboards in the segment, I always love dashboards which are tilted towards the driver and that is what got my tongue with this one. Although I must admit that a few Buttons seem like an after-thought.
Engine: Waiting to know the performance figures of that i-DTEC.

Overall: A good leap forward. But would like to see the changes Toyota make to the 2014 Corolla as the Front-end designof the new City looks almost similar to the speculated pics of the new Corolla.
Shanksta is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th November 2013, 08:21   #240
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by yogeshnagpal View Post

If the 3rd Gen City offered ABS and Airbags even in the Corporate Edition, I dont see a reason why it wont be standard on a new Gen car.

And since ACC was not part of even the highest variant in the 3rd Gen City, I dont think it would be standard. Only the V and VX would get this I feel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FarPatel View Post
...I’m going to pre-book it this evening and if these two points find favour with me I’ll probably go in for it, after actually seeing it in the flesh and test-driving it with the family. Cheers
Wise thing to do actually Especially because Honda is not charging customers for cancellation. So if you like the car after the TD, lesser waiting period, if you do not like it, you have nothing to lose!

Quote:
Originally Posted by j.srikant18 View Post
But IMHO, the piano-black finish isn't quite gelling with the rest of the dashboard. From pics, it seems the surface will reflect a lot during daytime and is a fingerprint-magnet. And where the hazard-light switch is placed, it almost looks like an afterthought. The Centre console just doesn't look centred. (in person impression could be different though)
Add scratches to the list of disadvantages of the Piano black finish, we are facing this issue with the 3rd Gen City's audio system, which also has Piano black finish.

And, even the Civic's dashboard looked skewed and misaligned from the pictures, but when you actually sat inside, you would really be pleased at the driver centric orientation! It gave a fantastic cocooned cockpit kind of a feel. I am hoping it would be the same case with the New City too.

Pics & Report: 2014 Honda City unveiled in India-hondacivicdashboard059.jpg

Last edited by aravind.anand : 28th November 2013 at 08:22.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks