Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 29th July 2014, 11:28   #106
Team-BHP Support

Re: Next-gen Ford Figo unveiled! Details on page 6

This new Figo / Ka reminds me of a swollen Aston Martin Cygnet.

Although the new car does have modern lines and relatively fresh lines, it lacks the stance and aggression of the current Figo, and that's just sad.
Old 30th July 2014, 13:25   #107
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by norhog View Post
Hi all
Is it only me, I don't know, but the rear of this baby Ford looks uncannily close to Hyundai i10 grande.
It got me too!

I even opened pics of rear end of these two and checked. And yes, I feel they are close.
Old 30th July 2014, 14:01   #108
BHPian

Slightly off the thread, This is how new and old Ford Kas look like - pic from EU [Netherlands].
The next-gen 2015 Ford Figo. EDIT: Now launched-ka.png
Coming to Ford's KA [or so called new gen figo] news about being it in India,
It looks a bit strange to me that an altogether different car gets merged to an existing line up. Sometimes it makes me think that brands and model values are used as means to make motivations [to promote and make people buy].

link: Ford's NL line up is here.
Old 30th July 2014, 14:22   #109
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suhaas307 View Post
Although the new car does have modern lines and relatively fresh lines, it lacks the stance and aggression of the current Figo, and that's just sad.
I totally agree. My observation is that with almost any car out there, when it comes with a new version of [so called new design lines/face lift] it has become a very common practice to make an insanely heavy bonnet and nose. In most times it ends up in a situation where it does not match with ratios and clean lines that makes eyes happy. As i mentioned in one of the other threads, Hondas are another case. They had a real nice city with clean looks long ago, but as they added more 'weight' to every side and especially nose, it stated looking a bit ugly [strictly my personal view]. Fords are no different here.
dileepcm is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th July 2014, 16:20   #110
Senior - BHPian

I think the car looks clean. This ones less radical compared to Ecosport or the Fiesta. But the car looks quite sporty to me! I personally prefer these clean lines than ugly fluidic design. I guess when launched in India, this car is going to have loads of chrome. May be something like the new fiesta/Figo CS concept car.
Old 7th August 2014, 21:06   #111
Distinguished - BHPian

The Ka-based sedan (called Ka+) made it's first public appearance in Brazil, at an event in which Ford showcased their latest offering. The Ka+ will be launched in October 2014 in Brazil, most possibly at the Sao Paulo Auto Show.

Quote:
The Ka+ is powered by a 1.5-litre flex-fuel motor which is borrowed from the Fiesta. To be paired with a 5-speed manual gearbox, the motor puts out 111 PS (109.4 bhp). Ford could also offer an automatic transmission to enhance the car’s appeal.
The Ka+ is headed to Indian shores next year, where it will replace the ageing Ford Classic. Production of the Ka+ (sedan) and the Ka (hatchback, Figo's replacement) is assumed to start from April 01st, 2015, at Ford's Sanand factory, currently nearing completion.

The next-gen 2015 Ford Figo. EDIT: Now launched-ka3.jpg

The next-gen 2015 Ford Figo. EDIT: Now launched-ka2.jpg

The next-gen 2015 Ford Figo. EDIT: Now launched-ka1.jpg

SOURCE - Auto Esporte (via IAB)
Old 29th September 2014, 10:50   #112
Team-BHP Support

Ford will replace the current-generation Figo hatchback and Classic sedan with the new Figo hatchback and compact sedan in the middle of 2015.

Link to Team-BHP News Article
Aditya is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 29th September 2014, 11:15   #113
Distinguished - BHPian

As a last hurrah for the Figo, will Ford plonk the 1.6L engine into it? Please, please, pretty please?! Likewise, a limited run of the Fiesta 1.6S (or Classic 1.6S)? Just to get some buzz/goodwill from the enthusiast community?

I feel the Ka hatchback doesn't have the sharpness of the current Figo, particularly with the curved C-pillar, and how it flows down to the bumper.

OTOH, the presence of the boot and stylish tail-lights on the Ka+ sedan look quite good, and better than the hatchback. And this comes from someone who prefers the hatchback to the sedan, for equivalent cars!

I was looking at the colours for the Ka on the Brazilian site, and there's no blue! Bummer!!
arunphilip is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th September 2014, 11:45   #114
Senior - BHPian

The Ka hatch back somehow fails to excite.

The stance is not aggressive and somehow the aggressive fascia soes not gel with the overall car.

Also, the Sedan though looks better that the hatch, is not a looker.

I may be old school but even today in comparo with the KA Sedan, my vote remains with the timeless original Fiesta(now known as the Ford Classic).

arnabchak is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th September 2014, 13:27   #115
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arnabchak View Post

I may be old school but even today in comparo with the KA Sedan, my vote remains with the timeless original Fiesta(now known as the Ford Classic).

+1

I still prefer the classic. It looks like a complete sedan in shape than many other car in its segment.
Old 29th September 2014, 17:51   #116
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by klassics45 View Post
+1

I still prefer the classic. It looks like a complete sedan in shape than many other car in its segment.
Completely in sync with your views.

Classic still looks Classic(Pun Intended)

One of the best driver cars this side of 10 lacs.
Just perception and to some extent Ford themselves have been responsible for its downfall.

My wishlist would have been to redo the Classic interiors, try and add some backroom space and minor tweaks on the exterior and relaunch the 1.6S and see them fly!!
Old 8th October 2014, 16:56   #117
BHPian

Spotted this fully camouflaged car on NH45 after Tindivanam, what I presume it to be the Ford Ka. Traffic was very dense and could not take any better picture.
Attached Thumbnails
The next-gen 2015 Ford Figo. EDIT: Now launched-20141006_202404.jpg  

The next-gen 2015 Ford Figo. EDIT: Now launched-20141006_202427.jpg  

k149in is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th November 2014, 10:38   #118
Team-BHP Support

The next-gen Ford Figo was displayed at the 2014 Sao Paulo Motor Show.

Link to Team-BHP News Article
Aditya is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th November 2014, 11:06   #119
Senior - BHPian

The sub-4 meter competition in India is reaching to unprecedented levels with almost all car manufacturers. Though it provides good opportunity for entry level sedan buyers, it has created specific bizarre spots for

- C segment, which is not getting proper attention
- Cramped interiors or the engine bay (either the traveler is suffering or repairs are taking more time as is no space to work during repairs) and Ford has been mysterious of the lot.

I could get a chance to see the engine bay of Ka during my last overseas visit, though it is somewhat better than the previous generation Ford cars, still it is too tight in terms of overall fit.

The car built quality is way better than the existing Figo (which competes with Liva for the built-to-cost tag), I seriously hope that Ford retains the same quality when the car goes for sale in India.

The Ka hatch boot space is good and will be segment leading among the premium hatchbacks sold in India.

Overall a good move by Ford to maintain atleast one product on steam in India. I think the demand for Ecosport has settled down now and Ka would bring in the desired traction that Ford is waiting for.

Cheers
Old 6th November 2014, 11:10   #120
Senior - BHPian

Ford cars are no doubt good to drive, but i am not happy with the interior space they offer.

The console dashboard makes me strongly feel that this car also will be similar to Fiesta and EcoSport with not so good rear comfort
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks