Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 18th February 2015, 19:59   #136
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Next-gen Ford Figo unveiled! Details on page 6

IAB reports that the Figo twins (hatch & sedan) will be using a newly-developed 1.2L 4-cylinder TiVCT unit, producing close to 85 PS of power. On the diesel front, they will be plonked with a retuned version of the 1.5L Duratorq powerplant, calibrated for excellent fuel economy.

Expect an official announcement by Ford India on this in the coming few weeks.

Quote:
Multiple sources say that the new Figo twins will feature a newly developed engine. The petrol engine in question is a 1.2-liter four-cylinder unit with Ford’s TiVCT technology (Variable Cam Timing). This unit is nothing but the old Figo’s 1.2-liter naturally aspirated motor with a new cylinder head and peripherals, that’s fully localized.

Where the engine makes 71 PS on the current Figo, thanks to the added tech, this motor will produce close to 85 PS on the new Figo and compact sedan, putting it at par with B-segment rivals like the Swift, Bolt and Grand i10 (Dzire, Amaze, Zest and Xcent in the compact sedan segment).

Ford will not equip these cars with the Classic’s 1.4-liter diesel engine, but instead, sources say that a retuned version of the 1.5-liter Duratorq diesel will be powering the Figo twins. Where this engine makes 91 PS on the EcoSport and Fiesta, on the hatch and sedan, even if the output is dialed up, it will be calibrated for “excellent” fuel efficiency, a source said.
Ford is also believed to have acted upon customer feedback that these engines could use a bit more grunt under full load.

While initially the new Figos were planned to launch with a 1.0-liter turbocharged three-cylinder engine (Ecoboost), the cost aspect has turned the tide in favor of the old 1.2 with TiVCT technology, we learn.
DETAILS - IAB

Last edited by RavenAvi : 18th February 2015 at 20:00.
RavenAvi is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 19th February 2015, 00:54   #137
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
..On the diesel front, they will be plonked with a retuned version of the 1.5L Duratorq powerplant, calibrated for excellent fuel economy....
A re-mapped version of the 1.5L should bring glory to the vehicle I suppose! Wouldn't it unlock the full potential (similar to the Fiesta)?
swiftnfurious is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th March 2015, 11:03   #138
Team-BHP Support

Ford India is testing a left hand drive version of the Figo, indicating that cars for export markets could be rolled out of the company's Sanand plant.

Link to Team-BHP News Article

The next-gen 2015 Ford Figo. EDIT: Now launched-lhd1.jpg

The next-gen 2015 Ford Figo. EDIT: Now launched-lhd2.jpg

The next-gen 2015 Ford Figo. EDIT: Now launched-lhd3.jpg

The next-gen 2015 Ford Figo. EDIT: Now launched-lhd4.jpg

The next-gen 2015 Ford Figo. EDIT: Now launched-lhd5.jpg

The next-gen 2015 Ford Figo. EDIT: Now launched-lhd6.jpg

Source: Rush Lane
Aditya is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th March 2015, 12:41   #139
Senior - BHPian

Good to see so many spy pics coming out of all corners, but it will really be interesting to see if Ford also launches the standard sedan apart from its sub-4m derivative.
Old 12th March 2015, 14:07   #140
BHPian

Does anyone think the side profile is very similar to the Indica and the back like a Polo. I hope that it maintains the driving dynamics of the current crop of Figos.

As someone stated, it does not look like a Ford, but I sure hope as hell, it drives like one. I am fairly sure Ford would jump on to the EPS bandwagon with this. Any ideas when this thing is going to get introduced over here?
Or as usual will Ford keep delaying it till the cows come home (like the Ecosport)
Old 12th March 2015, 19:36   #141
BHPian

If Ford are testing the LHD version with very little camouflage, could it mean that the car is still being tested for tuning the Indian version ?

I remember Ford testing the Fiesta (old platform) and Fusion hatch in and around Chennai (my favorite pastime was to seek out these cars and chat with the drivers) with very little camo and only closer to launch we saw heavily covered cars under test usually because of adaptations for India.
Old 4th May 2015, 20:45   #142
BANNED

The new Ford Figo in yellow.
Photo courtesy Vaibhav Shyam Patil
Attached Thumbnails
The next-gen 2015 Ford Figo. EDIT: Now launched-image.jpg  

The Rationalist is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 4th May 2015, 22:20   #143
Senior - BHPian

Hmm I got to eat my words and admit it doesn't look that bad. Definitely looks better than most of the competition. I'll get one in diesel! And red.

Thanks for the pic!
rajushank84 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th May 2015, 00:33   #144
Distinguished - BHPian

Two immediate observations

1. That door handle belongs to the Fiesta Classic and is different from the Brazil one
2. Have I seen that wheel cap on Punto ?

A well proportioned car. I doubt the yellow will be a production color though.
swiftnfurious is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th May 2015, 01:45   #145
BHPian

It has alloy wheels, but no rear wiper...strange. Hope production cars come with rear wash/wipe and defogger, at least the top variant.
Old 5th May 2015, 04:59   #146
Senior - BHPian

Training for Service Advisers of Ford Dealers, had already commenced at Ford's Sanand Facility. Perhaps, an Indian launch of the new Figo is very near.
Old 5th May 2015, 07:53   #147
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chncar View Post
It has alloy wheels, but no rear wiper...strange. Hope production cars come with rear wash/wipe and defogger, at least the top variant.
Which picture are you referring to? I can see rear wiper on the windshield of the car in the Team-BHP News Article above. The yellow car below don't have either wash/wipe or alloys. Those are wheel caps on black rims.

But I hear your concern. Getting rear wiper is so much important than getting alloys. The latter can at least be fixed after market. Sadly, Hyundai is doing that with the new i20. The rear wash wipe is available only in Asta. 2 variants below gets alloys though.

Doesn't look like Ford has picked up that bad habit here.
deetjohn is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th May 2015, 08:32   #148
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Rationalist View Post
The new Ford Figo in yellow.
Looks like this Ka(r) has good ground clearance?

I mean no hatch has good ground clearance for all of our roads, but even a confining to the hatchback segment's GC along with a stiff suspension that fords usually come with will ensure we won't hear that speed breaker kissing sounds?
Old 5th May 2015, 08:39   #149
Distinguished - BHPian

Those aren't alloy wheels, just wheel caps. Check here, http://www.rushlane.com/wp-content/u...ied-Sanand.jpg
Old 5th May 2015, 09:34   #150
//M
Distinguished - BHPian

Is it only me or the side and rear profile really have an uncanny resemblance to the Tata Kite 4 ??
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks