Search this Thread
Old 3rd September 2005, 16:35   #16
Senior - BHPian

ex- showroom for a
a base optra 1.6 - 6,99 lacs
and NHC gxi fullly loaded 7,25lacs
Old 3rd September 2005, 17:21   #17
Senior - BHPian

The prices which i have quoted is the on road price in Mumbai. Price in Mumbai is way above delhi. By the way comparision of base Optra should be done with City Exi. The base Optra is costlier then the CVT honda, so that goes to show that Optra hatch will be costlier then the City.
Old 3rd September 2005, 19:52   #18
Senior - BHPian

Looks like someone in GM has been reading this forum because a few months back I had a post of the optra5. For those wanting to see how a Optra5 looks like, you can do so here. I think it's a good idea to bring in this car even if it's going to be more expensive then some sedans. Full marks to Ford and GM for bringing in big costly hatchbacks and trying to mature the Indian car buying public. The more people see big hatch's the more chances to see better hatchbacks like the Golf, Stilo, fabia getting accepted here which can only be good news to car enthusiasts.
Old 3rd September 2005, 23:07   #19
Senior - BHPian

But amit in a place like India where car is bought according to size and not quality. Many people would not buy a Getz or a Swift just because they get a bigger car like an Esteem or Indigo for same price. I hardly see bigger hatches like A classes, 1 series or golf for that matter going to see the light of the day!

But looking at your post with the link i would give it a thumbs up. Wonderful it looks. Amazing, Corolla will be dead only if GM launch similar looks in the sedan.
Old 4th September 2005, 01:16   #20
BHPian

Pic of the Optra Hatchback

hi guys,
here is pic of the Chevrolet Optra Hatchback taken frm the Autocar India Magazine.
Abt the car i don't think that it'll sell much in the Indian Market as u said that here people buy for size. nobody will care abt paying 70k more and getting a sedan. it should be priced somewhere between 5 lacs to 5.5 lacs to be able to sell well. otherwise, it is looking so damn good.

PS: sorry for the image quality. its taken with a phone cam and frm a page of a magazine.
Old 4th September 2005, 02:01   #21

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

well if iam not wrong,the octavia and viva are not exactly hatchbacks but notchbacks,(as if it makes any difference).i hope im right.as far as the sales are concerned it would suffer the same fate as the fusion.cos if someone can stretch rs.70,000 more ,the person can buy an optra sedan.and like everybody said honda city is gonna kick it *ss.i think gm should seriously think about their engines...neither do their engines give fire breathing performance nor good fuel efficiency.their engines are neither here nor there.for eg.owners of fiat palio gtx dont mind the low f.e. cos atleast its powerful and NHC owners dont mind the power cos atleast they give good f.e and luxury.if G.M can get their engines right for their cars,their cars will be a hit.
Old 4th September 2005, 09:54   #22
BHPian

I dont think it will sell in numbers in India, as people will always look for a sedan at that kind of price. My feeling is that no matter how big the car is, in India a hatch will always be considered as something inferior to a sedan...have seen a few of these in Dubai, looks cool, front end looks better than optra sedan and looking sidewise i feel the boot is ok and can accomodate quite a few things....
Old 4th September 2005, 12:21   #23
Senior - BHPian

I am sure the Optra hatch will sell alot, since that ugly fusion can sell then why cant this optra, which is way better then the Ford. The ford looks built to a price, and also very ugly. Groud Clearance of 195mm is like sucide on that hatch. Even SUVs dont have that GC. So my bet is that the Optra hatch will sell and in large numbers. I have a strong feeling that GM India should ramp its production!!
Old 5th September 2005, 11:07   #24
BHPian

@ BUSA - The ugly Fusion is a flop. It is not selling well.

The only difference between the Optra Hatch and Sedan will be a boot (duh!) and the price differential cannot be more than Rs. 50,000 to 70,000.

And we all know how well hatches with price tags of 6 lac + sell in India. GM India must do something productive and spend their time on the Aveo.

GTO
Old 5th September 2005, 11:27   #25
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catamaran
My feeling is that no matter how big the car is, in India a hatch will always be considered as something inferior to a sedan
That's right. I had seen people commenting (even unaware of tec specs/features), anyone would go for a Ford Ikon 1.3 rather than Getz at that price.
Old 5th September 2005, 11:45   #26
Team-BHP Support

Mod note: Threads merged.
Old 5th September 2005, 18:57   #27
BHPian

thts a very hot hatch! but if its pricey mite end up like the fusion low sales although fusion is a great car.i hv a pic where the fusion swift and optra are parked together here it is.

Last edited by koolsun216 : 5th September 2005 at 19:02.
Old 5th September 2005, 20:59   #28
Team-BHP Support

Suzuki Reno

This car (the Chevy Optra Hatch) is sold as the Suzuki Reno in USA.
A small, cheap city runabout with decent specs.
Take a look at the following website - Suzuki Reno

ad
Old 7th September 2005, 19:30   #29
Senior - BHPian

Must say the hatch looks sooo much better than the sedan Optra! But will indians really buy a hatchback at a 6.5+L??
Old 10th September 2005, 09:10   #30
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deeps
Must say the hatch looks sooo much better than the sedan Optra! But will indians really buy a hatchback at a 6.5+L??
well its a bigggg Hatch mind you ..atleast for the indian standards..

just took a closer look at the Optra5 (hatch) today ( in canada)..it sports a new dash ..chrome dials and round air cpn louvers..
pretty neat i must say ..wonder if we'll get that in india..

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks