Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th March 2015, 11:15   #301
rkg
Senior - BHPian

Re: More powerful Tata Aria with 150PS & 320 Nm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiwik View Post
I took my Aria to KHT for a regular checkup before my highway drive next week. They tried to sell to me the gold AMC for 2 years for about 15.2k. This includes everything - right from consumables during servicing and wear and tear parts like brake pads, lining, clutch etc.

The math that the guy who tried selling this to me was

1st servicing - 3500
2nd servicing - 9800
brake pad - 4500
lining - 2800
clutch - 3500
wiper blade - 400
bushes - 1500

So that totals up to 13300 for servicing and 21500 for the rest which is 34800 in all.

What i wanted to understand from this group is - is it worth going for it? I owned an innova prior to this and my brake pads were changed at 75k kms. No clutch or bushes issues. In this case the guy who was selling this to me was very confident that these would need a change within 30k kms.
It is sheer nonsense. Don't take it.

ARIA has 15K service interval.
Cost of 1st and 2nd service at 1K and 5K is Zero in my case.
Third service at 15K is 3600/- This includes oil change, oil filter
30K service is 1700 extra, over this as one need to change fuel filter also.
Labour is free till 30K service( 4 free services)

Do your math and decide.

AMC's are cash cows for dealers and company. Why should one has to pay for clutch when the car is under comprehensive warranty for 1 lakh km or 3 years? Engine and its all components have 1.5 lakh Km warranty in new ARIA. Even the shock absorbers have warranty of 40-50k in most of the cars.

In my Indica vista clutch lasted 84K. i have changed voluntarily at 84K as i had to change CRB.

Clutch in New ARIA should easily last minimum of 75K. Don't worry about it.
rkg is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th March 2015, 11:26   #302
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkg View Post
It is sheer nonsense. Don't take it.

ARIA has 15K service interval.
Cost of 1st and 2nd service at 1K and 5K is Zero in my case.
Third service at 15K is 3600/- This includes oil change, oil filter
30K service is 1700 extra, over this as one need to change fuel filter also.
Labour is free till 30K service( 4 free services)

Do your math and decide.
Thanks rkg. What annoyed me here is the sales advisor was so confident that these parts would have to be changed by 30k kms. It made me wonder if we had such detractors for the product, how will it sell. Thanks for your guidance. BTW here did you get your 15k servicing done? How has your experience with the car been so far?
Old 30th March 2015, 15:32   #303
rkg
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks rkg. What annoyed me here is the sales advisor was so confident that these parts would have to be changed by 30k kms. It made me wonder if we had such detractors for the product, how will it sell. Thanks for your guidance. BTW here did you get your 15k servicing done? How has your experience with the car been so far?
Car has performed well so far. 15K service done. Now the ODO is 18.5K.

Completed Leh trip in September-october 2014. No prblems. It has not stranded me anywhere on the road.

Even my Indica Vista never failed me in my long road trips ranging from 3 days to 25 days

I do all my services at Concorde, Hosur road.
Old 25th April 2015, 21:36   #304
BANNED

Quote:
I have the Pure LX (Base variant). Absolute value for money.

I am not sure what was the mileage of the earlier generation Aria. However with AC on most of the time, i see my milage hover around 10.8 to 11.7 in the city. Highway (a short trip at that) reandered 15. The milage counter in the car is quite accurate. I am doing Hyderabad later this month and I would be finished my runin by then. That should give a more realistic number.
I agree with shwik. Having a Pure (2012 model), I can vouch for that. My Pure was used for daily office commuting in Delhi till JUn 14, and is in Allahabad since Aug 14. Two trips to Delhi form Allahabad, did the 700 kms in apprx 10 hrs, with only food and chai halts. Mileage in Delhi city was a consistent 12.5-13.5 in winters and between 11.5-12.5 in summers (with full time AC). Highway mileage was about 13.8 (to Allahabad). This included my 1.5 Ton Samsung Window AC, suitcases, music system amp + speakers, Desktop PC,etc (in short loaded like a truck with both rear seats folded).

Mileage in Allahabad city is about 9.5-11 (with AC) depending on where you drive and what time of the day ! I have noticed that Ac does not affect the FE significantly, about .5 to 1 kpl less at the most.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaviprem View Post
Had a test drive of the new ARIA Pride. All good and no complaints.

On the engine sound. Post the 2000 RPM [across all gears], I could hear the engine sound [not roaring, but at good decibel] inside the cabin, at the driver seat. It really comes in from the dash area, its so evident. Till 2000 RPM, its all quiet.

Can any current owner confirm this noise ? Not that, this is the decision factor for me. Its just an observation

Prem.
Hi Prem,

I do not feel there is any such noise. The engine can be heard at all rpms inside the cabin (maybe because I like its noise ). I do not feel that there is more noise at any particular or past any rpm as you have stated.
Old 31st December 2015, 10:28   #305
rkg
Senior - BHPian

My ARIA Pure LX completed 30000 km in one year and 7 months.
Fourth free service was done at Concorde Motors, Dairy circle

Cost of 4 th free service:
Consumables:
Engine Oil 7.5 ltr: 1802
Oil filter: 218
Fuel filter: 1627
Sediment filter element: 726

Fitted front fog lamps: 2768
VAT : 1110

Total cost of 4th free service including front fog lamps is 8252/-

Mileage in city was 10-10.5 kmpl
Highway around 13-14 with occasional 15+ on sedate driving around 90-100 kmph
Old 10th January 2016, 20:45   #306
BHPian

There was a sw upgrade that was provided. I got it done this friday. Beautiful update i must say. The engine is lot more free revving now. They also claim better fuel efficiency. Driving to Hyderabad this Thursday. Will report out the fuel numbers sometime next week
Old 11th January 2016, 00:13   #307
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
There was a sw upgrade that was provided. I got it done this friday. Beautiful update i must say. The engine is lot more free revving now. They also claim better fuel efficiency. Driving to Hyderabad this Thursday. Will report out the fuel numbers sometime next week
Is that a software update for the ECU?
Old 11th January 2016, 10:04   #308
rkg
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
Is that a software update for the ECU?
It is an EMS Sw upgrade. Engine runs much smoother than earlier. Something to do with pollution norms. The service center guy said it pertains to EGR. I do not know how far it is true
rkg is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st January 2016, 02:40   #309
BHPian

Quote:
Driving to Hyderabad this Thursday. Will report out the fuel numbers sometime next week
Quote:
Originally Posted by rkg View Post
It is an EMS Sw upgrade. Engine runs much smoother than earlier.
Any improvement in fuel economy post SW update?
Old 31st January 2016, 03:02   #310
BHPian

Pertains to the Aria, i heard the third is comfortable, did 5-600 km trip Chandigarh-Jalandar-Amritsar-Chandigarh trip and since i was the youngest had the 3rd row privilege. I won't describe my left knee or the knees up my chin position, yet it was better than the Xylo or 8 seat innova. 7seat innovas and lodgy are better
amitc7 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 31st January 2016, 11:51   #311
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by damodar View Post
Any improvement in fuel economy post SW update?
Post update here are my observations.
Engine is noticeably smoother and the lower end is a lot better now. I also have a race dynamics kit running and that makes things lot peppier. On my drive to Hyderabad (600km one way), i got 16.2 kmpl with speeds largely between 90-110 occasionally touching 120. AC use was minimal as it was a night drive and it was already cold outside. Return Journey rendered 15.4 kmpl with AC almost always on. Speeds were a little higher too in addition to unreasonable amounts of luggage and goods.

Pre SW update the same trip used to yield 13.5 to 14 kmpl. Overall this update has improved the lower end, engine is a bit smoother and mileage is up. City Mileage in Bangalore also has gone up by more than a kmpl. I consistently now get over 12kmpl in heavy city traffic. AC usage is minimal owing to winters. Should have another set of numbers in summer where the AC would be on most of the time.
Shiwik is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th February 2016, 17:03   #312
BANNED

Quote:
Hey Shiwik,

Is this upgrade for all ARIA's ? Any idea ? Mine is a Dec 2011 manufactured one, Pure (discontinued now).
Old 12th April 2016, 14:05   #313
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifebuoy View Post
Hey Shiwik,

Is this upgrade for all ARIA's ? Any idea ? Mine is a Dec 2011 manufactured one, Pure (discontinued now).
I dont think so. This is only for the newer gen models (2014 and later)
Old 12th April 2016, 14:11   #314
BHPian

Quick update on my recent trip to Tamilnadu. Onward journey from Bangalore to Kumbakonam showed 18.1 kmpl on the on dash indicator. This was at speeds of about 100kmph with AC running all through. Overall, by the time i went for a re-fuel on my way back at Salem, i had done 822kms and the fuel indicator was not on yet. This included over a 150km of country roads and about a 50km of no road from Chidambaram to Vridhachalam. When i refuelled at Salem the DTE showed 138KMs and i did not want to take a chance to try and do Salem to Bangalore, given the fact that it was a night drive
Shiwik is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th April 2016, 17:13   #315
BHPian

Quote:
Quick update on my recent trip to Tamilnadu. Onward journey from Bangalore to Kumbakonam showed 18.1 kmpl on the on dash indicator. This was at speeds of about 100kmph with AC running all through. Overall, by the time i went for a re-fuel on my way back at Salem, i had done 822kms and the fuel indicator was not on yet.
What was the FE figures for the trip when you tanked up at Salem? Do you prefer to fill from a particular company's bunk or is it not that important?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks