Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th July 2014, 18:57   #166
BHPian

Re: More powerful Tata Aria with 150PS & 320 Nm

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrammarNazi View Post

Looking forward to the ownership review. Its definitely superbly built, IIRC it also scored 4 out of 5 in NCAP ratings.
Only the 4x4 variant is Euro NCAP rated. The 4x2 variants have had structural changes made (to reduce weight - beyond removal of 4x4 hardware) and are not rated for Euro NCAP. I for one am very disappointed that Tata chose to go down the route of offering less structurally safe variants for sale to its Indian customers.
nd4$pd is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th July 2014, 22:01   #167
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiwik View Post
...The top model is ranked fairly high on the safety charts (it also has additional kit). However the chasis and the frames are hydroformed - which means they offer better strength and rigidity. Airbags would definately have improved the safety quotient but the next model was 4 Lacs higher :-(

Aria has solid discs all around. Brakes were quite effective...
4L! Crazy! TATA should've provided a variant just above Pure Lx with an ABS module, instead of discounts. Just like they had before with the 'Pure' variant for 9.95L Ex-SR.

Solid Discs! Awesome! Damn sure they'd bite hard.

1 request, can you put up the brochure if it has a variant-wise feature list. (AFAIK they've only provided variants with features comparing them with Innova on their website)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nd4$pd View Post
Only the 4x4 variant is Euro NCAP rated. The 4x2 variants have had structural changes made (to reduce weight - beyond removal of 4x4 hardware) and are not rated for Euro NCAP. I for one am very disappointed that Tata chose to go down the route of offering less structurally safe variants for sale to its Indian customers.
its disappointing TaMo skimped on safety after spending so much on R&D for designing a safe car. Maybe they should atleast keep it as an optional package for extra $$.
Old 9th July 2014, 13:32   #168
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrammarNazi View Post
1 request, can you put up the brochure if it has a variant-wise feature list. (AFAIK they've only provided variants with features comparing them with Innova on their website)
Attaching the brochure which has the variant-wise feature list. Hope this helps!
Attached Files
File Type: pdf TataAria.pdf (2.19 MB, 441 views)
ambujlal is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th July 2014, 14:32   #169
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CARDEEP View Post
3. Premium Harmon music system, tailor-made to suit Aria’s interiors;
I'll buy it when the interiors are tailor-made to suit Harman sound. Not when Harman is tailor-made to suit Aria's weird interior!
Old 9th July 2014, 14:44   #170
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by torquing_points View Post
I'll buy it when the interiors are tailor-made to suit Harman sound. Not when Harman is tailor-made to suit Aria's weird interior!
Isnt that a bit much? I mean the interiors best suited to a stock system would probably be impractical and uncomfortable for the many other uses that a vehicle serves (besides being a mobile sound studio!)
Old 9th July 2014, 15:06   #171
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
What is that supposed to mean? As long as the music plays the way its supposed to when the audio system is in tune to the space its playing in, its the same result. You don't build a car around the audio system instead of ensuring the audio system is tuned / built / programmed to suit the interiors of the car.

You are asking for a RR then for the price of an Aria!
Old 9th July 2014, 15:41   #172
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strangerintown View Post
Isnt that a bit much? I mean the interiors best suited to a stock system would probably be impractical and uncomfortable for the many other uses that a vehicle serves (besides being a mobile sound studio!)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nilesh5417 View Post
What is that supposed to mean? As long as the music plays the way its supposed to when the audio system is in tune to the space its playing in, its the same result. You don't build a car around the audio system instead of ensuring the audio system is tuned / built / programmed to suit the interiors of the car.

You are asking for a RR then for the price of an Aria!
As an owner of a Storme, and with an Aria, a Freelander, and an XUV in the extended family circle, I can safely say that the Aria's interiors are DRAB. If the interiors of the Aria were half as classy as that of the Storme, Id have bought it in a heartbeat.

JBL typically has fantastic product design -- if they had not made the JBL system look like the Aria's interiors, instead the Aria's interiors look like JBL styling instead....
torquing_points is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th July 2014, 00:20   #173
BHPian

Quote:

JBL typically has fantastic product design -- if they had not made the JBL system look like the Aria's interiors, instead the Aria's interiors look like JBL styling instead....
Ah - so you were referring to the aesthetic design of the JBL system fascia! I had thought you were referring to the audio design of the car interiors to suit the audio sound output, hence my earlier response!
Old 10th July 2014, 08:49   #174
BHPian

More powerful Tata Aria with 150PS & 320 Nm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strangerintown View Post
Ah - so you were referring to the aesthetic design of the JBL system fascia! I had thought you were referring to the audio design of the car interiors to suit the audio sound output, hence my earlier response!

Sorry, my bad there. I meant aesthetically.

Frankly the audio system in the previous version isn't acoustically bad. It's not fantastic -- but unlike the safari which comes with a horrible sound system, acoustically it isn't bad!
Old 11th July 2014, 17:59   #175
BHPian

Quote:

I get the delivery the coming wednesday and would probably do another writeup a few days beyond .
Hi Shiwik did you take delivery on Wednesday as planned? Waiting for the first pictures of the 150 bhp Aria on team bhp.
Old 13th July 2014, 22:34   #176
BHPian

If i was in charge, i 'd remove 4x4 as an option for Aria. Aria does not need it. In terms of its positioning and targeted segment 4x4 is a misfit.

Super Car. Tata should hire me for Strategy!
Old 15th July 2014, 14:34   #177
BHPian

Any ownership Review on new pride 4X4 ! I got final offer from Prerana Bangalore for 18.09L. I am holding on till I get 4X4 ownership reviews of this new Varicore Engine!
Old 15th July 2014, 20:06   #178
BHPian

Could anyone comment if the engine gets smoother after a couple of thousands of KMs driving. Currently, although smooth, i thought the TD vehicle had a much smoother engine and smoother gear levers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by damodar View Post
Hi Shiwik did you take delivery on Wednesday as planned? Waiting for the first pictures of the 150 bhp Aria on team bhp.
Yes i did and I must say I was quite impressed with Prerana motors. They have a swanky office and a very responsive staff. Vehicle was dressed up like a bride with ribbons and flowers. The car per say has been really good barring a few niggles. I got both my tyres and wheels changes to Yokos and Alloys respectively. Car is extremely silent when on idle and pulls very cleanly with 5 people and AC on. My mileage counter says i am doing about 10.8 kmpl mostly in bumper to bumper traffic. Took it for a short spin on a single lane highway and saw the mileage go up to 13.8. Should definitely get better on a tolled highway. AC is brilliant and so is suspension setup. I definitely felt it was better than my earlier Innova. Again early days for me to conclusively say one is better than the other(I dearly loved my Innova though). The high beam is blindingly bright and there is no control to adjust its height. There is one for the low beam though. The low beam setup when lit is probably the most beautiful set of lights i have ever seen. I will post some pics soon. Unfortunately it has been been raining like there is no tomorrow since the day i have taken delivery of the car. Space is also pretty good given that it is 200mm longer than the Innova. I still have to do a longer highway run to provide a more conclusive report. Overall, i am satisfied with the buy so far.

There have been a few niggles and guess what - i send an email to prerana motors and in about 30 mins, i get a call from the customer service head - quite impressive i must say. They have arranged for someone to pick up the car tomorrow to get those sorted out.

1. The lock seems to have a mind of its own. It works well at times and just refuses to open on other times. If you open it before it locks again, all four locks keep getting into a circular motion of lock and unlock (reminds me of a Ramsay movie scene)
2. Gear lever is hard, especially the lower 2 gears. Looks like some adjustments to the clutch should take care of it. It slots pretty well though
3. High beam needs to be aligned. It seems to be set very high and does not fall on the road ahead.
4. The horn seem to have a head of its own too. There are times when only one of them sounds and it gets ok on its own. Not a showstopper though as i don't use the horn much.
5. There is a squeaking noise (like a volvo bus) when i apply the brakes. I am guessing it should be something small.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdiw View Post
Any ownership Review on new pride 4X4 ! I got final offer from Prerana Bangalore for 18.09L. I am holding on till I get 4X4 ownership reviews of this new Varicore Engine!
The 4x4 gets a lot more kit than the lower versions. So other than that everything else should be similar. In earlier posts we have listed some of our observations and experiences. Hope they are helpful.

BTW any particular reason why you are looking at a 4x4? I agree it has a much better safety quotient, but unless your driving involves soft/medium off roads, i am not sure if you would need all that kit. Having said that, the car is sufficiently loaded and for that price point I dont think there is any other option available. All the best.
Shiwik is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 16th July 2014, 00:14   #179
BHPian

Quote:
3. High beam needs to be aligned. It seems to be set very high and does not fall on the road ahead.
Shiwik,

I have struggled with the same problem for 3 years now and everybody whom i approached [from A.S.S to the computerised headlight alignment fellow] have told nothing much can be done about this. Please do let me know if you are able to get this rectified
Old 16th July 2014, 09:40   #180
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
BTW any particular reason why you are looking at a 4x4? I agree it has a much better safety quotient, but unless your driving involves soft/medium off roads, i am not sure if you would need all that kit. Having said that, the car is sufficiently loaded and for that price point I dont think there is any other option available. All the best.
Hi Shiwik

Sorry to butt in, I was just looking at the new Aria feature list yesterday. I would buy the Pride 4x4 for the added safety features alone.

(1) Side and curtain air bags
(2) ESC

May be it is my ignorance talking, but I cannot think of a car below 20L (ex-showroom) in which I can get all these safety kit.

Moreover, the additional comfort / convenience features also make it an attractive proposition in my view
(1) Electric folding mirrors - very useful on a large vehicle like Aria
(2) Sat nav
(3) Reversing camera
(4) Cruise control
(5) Climate control
(6) Auto head lamps and rain sensing wipers
(7) JBL Harman music system (don't know how good this is)

I am the kind of buyer who would rather pay a premium and have all the optional features from the factory than retro fit them.

But yes, I don't think I will ever need the 4x4. I wish they had a Pride 4x2 and with a 1 lakh cheaper price tag. That would have been ideal I believe.

Last edited by Viju : 16th July 2014 at 09:44.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks