Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th April 2016, 20:04   #316
BHPian

Re: More powerful Tata Aria with 150PS & 320 Nm

Quote:
Originally Posted by damodar View Post
What was the FE figures for the trip when you tanked up at Salem? Do you prefer to fill from a particular company's bunk or is it not that important?
Did not really look at that but typically i get about 16+ on the highways. I try and fill up at Shell which is what i did before i left Bangalore. I would recommend if a particular bunk has given you a consistent fuel numbers stick to that - preferably within city limits. I have never seen this kind of mileage before. However irrespective of the bunk i consistently get 16+ on highways after the SW upgrade. I also have a racedynamics kit running on P1.
Old 13th April 2016, 09:18   #317
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiwik View Post
However irrespective of the bunk i consistently get 16+ on highways after the SW upgrade. I also have a racedynamics kit running on P1.
I have done 19000km with my ARIA 150ps and I never felt the need for a tuning box till now even when the car was fully loaded too. I would like to know why did you opt for the tuning box and is it still required post the latest software update?

Last edited by damodar : 13th April 2016 at 09:27.
Old 13th April 2016, 09:52   #318
rkg
Senior - BHPian

I had completed 35.5 K on the ODO. Recently done a 11 day trip across southern TN and Kerala. Mileage varied from 12.3 to 14.3 with AC always on. It is very hot in March last week.

Had been to Madurai-Srivalliputtur-Rameswaram-Tuticorin-Tirunalveli-Tiruchendur-Kanyakumari-Suchindram-Padmanabhapuram palace-Trivendram-Allepy-Thrissur-Kozhikode-Kasargod-Kukke-Bangalore.

Total of 2920 Km in 11 days.
Car performed well with no issues at all

Quote:
I have done 19000km with my ARIA 150ps and I never felt the need for a tuning box till now even when the car was fully loaded too. I would like to know why did you opt for the tuning box and is it still required post the latest software update?
I too never felt the need for tuning box. Most of my city rides are in 2nd & 3rd gear.

Last edited by rkg : 13th April 2016 at 09:53.
Old 13th April 2016, 10:58   #319
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkg View Post
I had completed 35.5 K on the ODO. Recently done a 11 day trip across southern TN and Kerala. Mileage varied from 12.3 to 14.3 with AC always on. It is very hot in March last week.

Had been to Madurai-Srivalliputtur-Rameswaram-Tuticorin-Tirunalveli-Tiruchendur-Kanyakumari-Suchindram-Padmanabhapuram palace-Trivendram-Allepy-Thrissur-Kozhikode-Kasargod-Kukke-Bangalore.

Total of 2920 Km in 11 days.
Car performed well with no issues at all
It is indeed very hot in that part of the country. I covered a little over a 1000km with AC on all through. The mileage you mentioned is what i used to get before the SW upgrade. These days i get about 12+ in Bangalore traffic and close to 16 on the highways. I usually maintain speeds of between 90-110kmph. AC is on by default on the highways

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkg View Post
I too never felt the need for tuning box. Most of my city rides are in 2nd & 3rd gear.
Quote:
I agree, as such the vehicle is quite powerful. However i noticed a distinct lag when the rpm is little under 1100. It is more like a dead spot. Race dynamics transforms the vehicle. It is not just about the power but the driveability improves dramatically. I can do a 4th gear with 4-5 passengers and AC on at 40 kmph and i am on the 5th the moment i cross 50kmph. This was not the case before i got the RD kit. I am presuming the RD kit is also aiding the additional mileage. I would strongly recommend this kit. The best part is it is a universal fit - meaning if you change your car tomorrow, all you need is a SW upgrade on the kit which takes like 10 mins. If indeed there is a mileage gain then the kit is paying for itself
Old 17th April 2016, 18:03   #320
BANNED

Hi guys,

Drove my Pure from Allahabad to Delhi on 23 Mar 16. Made it in 8 hrs flat / 697 kms. FE I got was 12.4 kpl. This includes keeping speeds of 100+ most of the time, including good speeds on the Yamuna Expressway, with AC (only front/ dash).

Shall be driving back on the 23 Apr, will post FE figures as measured then.

@shwik, what is the cost of this kit ? Where is it avl ? How is it fitted ? any pictures, pl

Last edited by ampere : 17th April 2016 at 22:37. Reason: Added a question; removed high speed aspects mentioned.
lifebuoy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th April 2016, 18:29   #321
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
However i noticed a distinct lag when the rpm is little under 1100. It is more like a dead spot.
I suspect you are lugging .. if yes, the "lag" is natural.
Old 20th April 2016, 13:49   #322
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
I suspect you are lugging .. if yes, the "lag" is natural.
Not quite. I suspect it to be the gearing ratios. If it is lugging then the vehicle should shudder which is not the case here. It is just a dead spot and as the rpm crosses 1100, it cleanly pulls. With the RD kit, this is taken care of
Old 25th April 2016, 12:54   #323
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifebuoy View Post
Hi guys,

@shwik, what is the cost of this kit ? Where is it avl ? How is it fitted ? any pictures, pl
The Kit costed me 20k. They have an office here in Bangalore. You could probably google up their coordinates. It is a plug and play device and takes about 2 minutes to plug or unplug. So no spicing of any wiring. The product is called dieseltronic and it has 4 modes - E (economy - improved milage), S (Stock - stock setting), P1 (Power 1 - improved mileage and power ~25%) and P2 (Power 2 - improved power ~40%). The numbers mentioned are as claimed by the vendor. These modes can be changed at run time with a remote that comes along with the kit.

When you change your car in the future, all you need to do is to get the kit re-mapped for the new vehicle and probably pay for the connectors if they are different.
Old 8th May 2016, 19:55   #324
BANNED

Drove my Pure from Allahabad to Delhi on 23 Mar 16 and then back to Allahabad on 23 Apr 16. Got it serviced at Concorde, Sarita Vihar in the interim (lapse of 1 year). In the meanwhile, I found a Lightning Deal on Amazon.in for BARDAHL Oil Supplement, yellow bottle (for card done under 50,000 kms) for Rs 210/- or so. Ordered it and asked the SA, confirmed that it was the same product that was approved by TATA for the ARIA/SAFARI engines.

The onward journey took me about 8 hrs to reach Akshardham temple (started at 0500 hrs from Allahabad). Kept a decent 110-120 kmph and an occasional 140 on the Yamuna Eway. AC was on for about half the journey with two pax and two suitcases. kpl achieved was 12.4.

The return journey was with wife and daughter, with some 50 kgs of load (books, clothes, etc). Started Delhi at 1000 hrs and reached Allahabad at 1730 hrs, single driver throughout. The only difference was fresh Castrol GTX, new coolant (Golden Cruiser) and the BARDAHL 200 ml supplement. AC was ON full time, for some time even the rear AC as the weather was terribily HOT. Kept 110-120 kmph throughout, one odd burst to 140 (dangerous in Eastern UP highways). Can you guess the kpl ? 15.08 measured tank ful to tankful as I always do.

What can result in such a bump in FE ? I have NEVER got this kind of mileage in 4 yrs of the Pure. The fuel guage was monitored throughout and the bump was visible right after crossing Agra, through Etawah and Kanpur, where I refilled only 10 lit instead of the 20 that I do usually.

Can the experts throw some light please ? Is it due to the oil supplement alone ?

Last edited by lifebuoy : 8th May 2016 at 19:57. Reason: Wrong figure corrected
Old 8th May 2016, 20:16   #325
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
What can result in such a bump in FE ? I have NEVER got this kind of mileage in 4 yrs of the Pure. The fuel guage was monitored throughout and the bump was visible right after crossing Agra, through Etawah and Kanpur, where I refilled only 10 lit instead of the 20 that I do usually.

Can the experts throw some light please ? Is it due to the oil supplement alone ?
Very difficult to explain, considering that the AC was on throughout and the speeds maintained were almost the same, not to mention the same stretch of road

The only differentiator is in the time of travel and the traffic conditions during that time

The Aria is expected to deliver 14kmpl on the highway so the mileage you got while returning was par for the course
Old 8th May 2016, 21:31   #326
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
My Scorpio's 2.6 DI has a similar behavior. I get it flushed and then add oil additive every service. If i don't, the engine feels rough and strained and FE is also considerably lower.

I swear by BG Systems. Never tried Bardhal.
Old 8th May 2016, 22:17   #327
BHPian

Quote:

I agree, as such the vehicle is quite powerful. However i noticed a distinct lag when the rpm is little under 1100. It is more like a dead spot. Race dynamics transforms the vehicle. It is not just about the power but the driveability improves dramatically. I can do a 4th gear with 4-5 passengers and AC on at 40 kmph and i am on the 5th the moment i cross 50kmph. This was not the case before i got the RD kit. I am presuming the RD kit is also aiding the additional mileage. I would strongly recommend this kit. The best part is it is a universal fit - meaning if you change your car tomorrow, all you need is a SW upgrade on the kit which takes like 10 mins. If indeed there is a mileage gain then the kit is paying for itself

Does this kit also work for Zest Revotron? If yes, can you please share their details?
The Revotron really struggles below 1500 rpm.
Old 11th February 2017, 15:30   #328
BHPian

Hello guys,
I am in a real fix about this. I am getting an aria 4x4 for around 4 lacs. This vehicle is barely used. Done only 30000 km.

It looks really good. How difficult is this vehicle from the maintenance point of view. I know that this vehicle has been on sale for a long time now. But no takers.

What u guys think. Please advice me.
Thanks in advance.
Old 11th February 2017, 18:46   #329
rkg
Senior - BHPian

My ARIA Pure LX completed 45K in 2 years 9 months. First paid service was done at Concorde motors, Hosur road.
Total cost is 8344/-( including paid service charges)
Changed Engine oil - 7.5 Liters
Coolant - 9 liters
Gear Oil - 2.2 liters
Sediment filter element
Oil filter.
Paid service charges was 1900+
Power steering hose was changed under warranty. It seems there is minute leakage

Total cost till now for routine service is
1st service @ 1000 km - Zero
2nd service @ 5000 km - 80/-
3rd servce @ 15000 km - 3600/-
4th service @ 30000 km - 5200 +
5th service @ 45000 km - 8344/-

Apart from this regular wheel alignment and balancing done at Madhu's Langford town.
Air filter changed once @ 800 +
rkg is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 12th February 2017, 10:49   #330
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ortho_surgeon View Post
Hello guys,
I am in a real fix about this. I am getting an aria 4x4 for around 4 lacs. This vehicle is barely used. Done only 30000 km.

It looks really good. How difficult is this vehicle from the maintenance point of view. I know that this vehicle has been on sale for a long time now. But no takers.

What u guys think. Please advice me.
Thanks in advance.
why don't you get in touch with Concorde Motors and check out its service history.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks