Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th October 2014, 09:58   #211
BHPian

Re: More powerful Tata Aria with 150PS & 320 Nm

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrammarNazi View Post
Last month a fellow member updated the negotiated price of the Pride 4x4 to 16.2L OTR in Bangalore. I guess it should be 15.2L to 15.5L now. Solid VFM I'd say!
Wow! If it is indeed 15.5 L OTR for Pride 4x4, then its a super deal. I will go check out the price this weekend.

Quote:
Originally Posted by raj.barcode View Post
Facelifted aria was introduced in Feb (if i am not wrong) and Aria is pitted against XUV and innova ; sales figures from march till august as per TBHP sales analysis
The numbers for Aria are truly dismal. Surprisingly I don't see ANY Aria Ads where they are portraying the new prices. I notice double page Ads by Mahindra and almost nothing by Tata.

Has there been much bad press for the Aria in the recent past? Why is there such a huge difference? Aria sales are a little less than 5% of the Innova sales. If the product is good then surely there cannot be such a huge difference? Surely someone in Tata must be having a bad appraisal cycle for this. Such huge differences raise doubts in the minds of the buyer.

I wonder what is preventing people from buying such a (on-paper) strong product.
Old 6th October 2014, 11:29   #212
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptushar View Post
I wonder what is preventing people from buying such a (on-paper) strong product.
Just bought the pure LX a week back costed 10.78 including extended warranty and 3 year silver AMC valid for 45000 km. Mine was the first Aria to be delivered in the new state of Andhra Pradesh.
Attached Thumbnails
More powerful Tata Aria with 150PS & 320 Nm-img20140930wa0003.jpg  

More powerful Tata Aria with 150PS & 320 Nm-_20141006_112451.jpg  

Last edited by damodar : 6th October 2014 at 11:33.
damodar is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 6th October 2014, 12:03   #213
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by damodar View Post
Just bought the pure LX a week back costed 10.78 including extended warranty and 3 year silver AMC valid for 45000 km. Mine was the first Aria to be delivered in the new state of Andhra Pradesh.
Excelent damodar. Congratulations to you. Your car looks good indeed. Can you write a bit about your decision to go with the Aria. Which other cars did you compare / TD? And what offers did you get on the Aria.
Old 6th October 2014, 13:16   #214
BHPian

Quote:
Excelent damodar. Congratulations to you. Your car looks good indeed. Can you write a bit about your decision to go with the Aria. Which other cars did you compare / TD? And what offers did you get on the Aria.
Thanks ptushar, I loved the car when I first test drove the Aria in 2010 but it was out of budget then. I had experienced the old Safari from 2007 till 2009 which was my brother's vehicle and missed the vehicle when it was sold.
Test drove the 2014 Aria in March liked it a lot but we did not have a dealer in our new state of Andhra pradesh after the formation of Telengana state on June 2nd.
I was following all the Aria threads on Team Bhp including GTO's review which made me come to the conclusion that more than the vehicle it was TASS which ruined the ownership experience.
The new 2014 Aria is a relatively risk free buy because most of the components of the drive train are similar to the Storme which is selling in decent numbers.
Finally there was one lak discount till september end which was the irresistible.
Old 6th October 2014, 14:36   #215
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Wow! If it is indeed 15.5 L OTR for Pride 4x4, then its a super deal. I will go check out the price this weekend...
Definitely! Pls do update us on that.

Quote:
...I wonder what is preventing people from buying such a (on-paper) strong product.
Well, its plain & simple : Fear of non-reliability. My analysis (Link).

Quote:
Great! Congrats Will be an interesting read if you could put up an initial ownership review soon.

Btw, what are the road taxes rates in Andhra?

Quote:
...The new 2014 Aria is a relatively risk free buy because most of the components of the drive train are similar to the Storme which is selling in decent numbers...
The Aria is definitely more reliable than before, IIRC they've even added a new kind of clutch for which theres a 70k km warranty.

Yes it is the deficiency of competent & honest A.S.C.'s that killed the Aria to a great extent. Its quite well improved now, yet I advise all owners to stay with the car during service at all costs so the SA's don't take customers for granted.

Not completely sure if it shares many components with the Safari Storme.

Quote:
Finally there was one lak discount till september end which was the irresistible.
Did the discount actually end by September end? IIRC The ad didn't say so. Also, was it on all variants ?
Old 6th October 2014, 14:47   #216
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrammarNazi View Post

Btw, what are the road taxes rates in Andhra?

Not completely sure if it shares many components with the Safari Storme.

Did the discount actually end by September end? IIRC The ad didn't say so. Also, was it on all variants ?
The road taxes are 12% for below 10 lac ex showroom and 14% beyond that.
The steering brakes and the differential are common for Aria and Storme. Even the wheel alignment values are the same I checked that in the owners manual of both. Even though the engine and gearbox are the same , Aria comes with a different turbocharger hence the higher power rating.
The discount was applicable on all varients.
damodar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th October 2014, 11:43   #217
BHPian

Was just checking prices of Xuv500 (W4, has abs,ab), Scorpio S6+/S8 (both of which are comparable to Aria Pleasure after 1L discount), and I am not seriously able to appreciate such a high price of Aria.

Can somone please enlighten me as to why I should go for Aria instead of Xuv or Scorpio at the same price point? As far as I can see, both Mahindras have ABS, Airbag, similar passenger carrying capacity & much better resale.

Help

Last edited by tifosikrishna : 7th October 2014 at 11:51.
Old 7th October 2014, 13:36   #218
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tifosikrishna View Post
Was just checking prices of Xuv500 (W4, has abs,ab), Scorpio S6+/S8 (both of which are comparable to Aria Pleasure after 1L discount), and I am not seriously able to appreciate such a high price of Aria.

Can somone please enlighten me as to why I should go for Aria instead of Xuv or Scorpio at the same price point? As far as I can see, both Mahindras have ABS, Airbag, similar passenger carrying capacity & much better resale.

Help
Test drive all the three check your seating comfort as well as passengers then the decision will be easy ,moreover when looking at 3rd row comfort. Aria pleasure has 2 air bags and ABS as well. It loses out on resale compared to the others but is way more comfortable with good long term maintenance packages.

Last edited by damodar : 7th October 2014 at 13:48.
damodar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th October 2014, 15:25   #219

Aria gets 1L price cut...starting at 8.95L now

http://www.cartoq.com/tata-aria-cros...rop-india-suv/
Krishna_Pondy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th October 2014, 20:19   #220
BHPian

IMHO, Tata has made a blunder by launching it at a very high price initially. Now, no amount of price dropping will fire up its sales.
Indian market is very unforgiving. Once a model is declared a dud, it is very difficult to revive. I think Tata should focus on Safari storme, which is based on same platform. It will sell more since good reputation developed by the previous Safari model.
Old 7th October 2014, 23:03   #221
Senior - BHPian

Are they offering any discounts on the 4x4 version too? Though I am not in market for a MUV / SUV at the moment, yet if a good discount is available on the top variant, it may result in some kind of demand for it.
Old 8th October 2014, 06:17   #222
M35
BHPian

Note from Support: Please do not cross-post between threads. Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by atul.sxna View Post

Team-BHP recently revealed that TML has reduced prices for Aria and now we're expecting an "updated" Storme with a price cut.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krishna_Pondy View Post
Aria gets 1L price cut...starting at 8.95L now

http://www.cartoq.com/tata-aria-cros...rop-india-suv/
Which price cut are they talking about ? Aria still is priced from 9.9x lakhs.

Last edited by aah78 : 9th October 2014 at 00:31. Reason: Posts moved to existing thread & merged.
Old 8th October 2014, 06:53   #223

Re: Scoop: Is an updated Tata Safari Storme in the offing?

Quote:
Originally Posted by M35 View Post
OT

Which price cut are you talking about of Aria. It still continues to sell from 9.9x lakhs.
Check directly with the dealer , Tata will take its own sweet time to update the new price listing on their official website.
Old 8th October 2014, 08:14   #224
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by M35 View Post
OT

Which price cut are you talking about of Aria. It still continues to sell from 9.9x lakhs.
Sorry for taking it

Here is the link to the news on the price cut.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offici...ml#post3546943

I guess they are yet to update the website.

Anurag.

Last edited by a4anurag : 8th October 2014 at 08:18.
Old 8th October 2014, 08:42   #225
M35
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
Sorry for taking it

Here is the link to the news on the price cut.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offici...ml#post3546943

I guess they are yet to update the website.

Anurag.
Quote:
Tata Motors has confirmed to Rushlane that Aria price has not been slashed by Rs 1 lakh. It continues to be priced at Rs 9.95 lakhs, as earlier
http://www.rushlane.com/tata-aria-pr...medium=twitter
M35 is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks