Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th October 2014, 10:01   #226
Senior - BHPian

Re: More powerful Tata Aria with 150PS & 320 Nm

They have not updated the site yet.

The Aria Pure 4X2 is starting at Rs. 8.95 lacs.
Old 8th October 2014, 13:05   #227
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by damodar View Post
Test drive all the three check your seating comfort as well as passengers then the decision will be easy ,moreover when looking at 3rd row comfort. Aria pleasure has 2 air bags and ABS as well. It loses out on resale compared to the others but is way more comfortable with good long term maintenance packages.
airbag, abs is available in other models as well. i feel scorpio 3rd show be in a higher position than Aria thereby making is comfortable. ride quality/refinement should be better in aria. what i don't get is the premium pricing when compared to others (of course that is what everyone is complaining about).

Quote:
Originally Posted by arnabchak View Post
They have not updated the site yet.

The Aria Pure 4X2 is starting at Rs. 8.95 lacs.
Since I evinced interest in Aria, a guy from tata motors who claims to be incharge of chennai sales called me to checm my interest level. Since the quotes I received for pleasure are based on ex showroom on 12.xx lakhs, I asked him to send the revised quote based on 11.xx as tax, insurance would come down proportionately. But he says there's no reduction in ex-showroom and there's only a discount of 1L. When I mentioned about the recent ad of price cut, he still maintains that ex showroom will remain the same.
I have asked for 2L discount & he said he will check & get back.

What is the max discount possible for pleasure model? Any ballpark?
Old 8th October 2014, 13:13   #228
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tifosikrishna View Post

Since I evinced interest in Aria, a guy from tata motors who claims to be incharge of chennai sales called me to checm my interest level. Since the quotes I received for pleasure are based on ex showroom on 12.xx lakhs, I asked him to send the revised quote based on 11.xx as tax, insurance would come down proportionately. But he says there's no reduction in ex-showroom and there's only a discount of 1L. When I mentioned about the recent ad of price cut, he still maintains that ex showroom will remain the same.
I have asked for 2L discount & he said he will check & get back.

What is the max discount possible for pleasure model? Any ballpark?
Even I had to pay life tax on 9.95 also the dealer invoice mentioned the same. I got a discount of 1 lakh discount on road.
damodar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th October 2014, 14:04   #229
Senior - BHPian

Does the top end version of this SUV get a price cut as well?
Old 10th October 2014, 02:32   #230
BHPian

A quick update on the FE on a day trip to Hyderabad got 15.5kmpl. As per instructions in the manual never exceeded 100 kmph and AC was kept in economy mode.
Coming from an Ecosport i feared that Aria will feel lethargic but above 80kmph the new 150ps engine is effortless. I would say at 100 kmph with no wind,tyre noise and engine spinning at 2100 rpm it was so relaxing. In fact the torque is so good at this point I had to keep a constant watch on the speedo not to exceed 100kmph limit. Another key feature were the head lights which were so bright that truckers were giving way when flashed to overtake.
damodar is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 10th October 2014, 10:32   #231
BHPian

The clear lens tail lamps certainly look better than the previous design.
Attached Thumbnails
More powerful Tata Aria with 150PS & 320 Nm-img_20141007_205644982.jpg  

damodar is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 11th October 2014, 01:00   #232
BHPian

Quote:
A quick update on the FE on a day trip to Hyderabad got 15.5kmpl. As per instructions in the manual never exceeded 100 kmph and AC was kept in economy mode.
Coming from an Ecosport i feared that Aria will feel lethargic but above 80kmph the new 150ps engine is effortless.
Quote:
I think it is time for you to start an ownership thread on the Aria. How was the experience with the dealer at the time of delivery of the car? How is A.S.S in Vijayawada?
Old 11th October 2014, 02:53   #233
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
But he says there's no reduction in ex-showroom and there's only a discount of 1L. When I mentioned about the recent ad of price cut, he still maintains that ex showroom will remain the same.
My guess is that the price cut is only on the Pure LX variant, since it is the variant that are stocked. From what I read, the Pleasure and Pride variants are made to order. It was discussed few pages before in this thread itself. So delivery itself might take time if you are going for the higher variants.
Old 11th October 2014, 09:02   #234
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by narayans80 View Post
My guess is that the price cut is only on the Pure LX variant, since it is the variant that are stocked. From what I read, the Pleasure and Pride variants are made to order. It was discussed few pages before in this thread itself. So delivery itself might take time if you are going for the higher variants.
I am told that discounts upto 1.5L is offered for higher variants. Even Pure is invoiced at 9.95L as mentioned by Damodar few posts back.

But Concorde is doing all they can to ensure that I don't buy. First they promised a test drive on Wednesday but they didn't turn up & no reason was offered. Again last evening took a test drive of top end pride but AC blowers in the front was not working and the SA who accompanied is cluless about most of the controls. When I switched off & restarted it started working.
Overall car is good, ride quality is excellent (coming from scorpio), NVH is well refined. I found it very difficult to fit in my bicycle with both 2nd & 3rd row folded (note: i can with little effort load 2 bikes in Jazz by folding the 60% seat).
Another thing is, i felt it is bit unwieldy for city driving. At the moment I am not too inclined because of the aforementioned reasons.
Old 11th October 2014, 12:45   #235
BHPian

Checked with Pandit Auto at Pune this morning on the price. He said that they will offer upto 1 lac off on the top end variant. This was without any negotiation. So I guess it can probably be a little more finally. The top end variant OTR price was now coming to 16.27 lacs (after the 1 lac discount) in Pune and 16.08 lacs in PCMC. This includes an extended warranty as well. Hence total warranty of 4 years.

The top end variant is really fully loaded with ABS, EBD, 4x4 and 6 airbags.

Sounds like a compelling option indeed.

Last edited by ptushar : 11th October 2014 at 12:47. Reason: More info
Old 11th October 2014, 14:49   #236
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
It is parked next to the earlier R class which is rumoured to be an inspiration to the Aria design. Seems to hold it's own reasonable well.
Old 11th October 2014, 15:44   #237
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoseVijay View Post
I think it is time for you to start an ownership thread on the Aria. How was the experience with the dealer at the time of delivery of the car? How is A.S.S in Vijayawada?
I will start an ownership thread once I get some decent photos to post. The dealer experience was no hassle at all. As I told in an earlier post my brother had purchased a Safari dicor from the same dealer so I know most of the guys there. The dealer is selling decent no of storme's from its launch time, and most of the technicians are quite senior so I guess handling ARIA will not require any special training as most of the components are similar to storme's.

Quote:
Overall car is good, ride quality is excellent (coming from scorpio), NVH is well refined. I found it very difficult to fit in my bicycle with both 2nd & 3rd row folded (note: i can with little effort load 2 bikes in Jazz by folding the 60% seat).
Another thing is, i felt it is bit unwieldy for city driving. At the moment I am not too inclined because of the aforementioned reasons.
Hi I would like to know whether the pride model you test drove was 2014 model with 150ps engine or not. The new model engine's low end grunt is very good which has to be experienced. For example I can drive in 3rd gear at 30kmph and accelerate cleanly from there. This helps in city traffic with lesser gear changes.Another notable difference in the 2014 model is the clutch which is as light as say a Honda city or fiat linea.These two features will help in city traffic and make the vehicle much easier to drive than a car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACM View Post
It is parked next to the earlier R class which is rumoured to be an inspiration to the Aria design. Seems to hold it's own reasonable well.
Hi ACM in fact your ownership thread was an inspiration for me to buy the ARIA. Do you miss the car after you sold it and have you driven the new 2014 model? Your views will be appreciated by prospective owners .

Last edited by aah78 : 12th October 2014 at 03:02. Reason: Posts merged. Please use QUOTE+ / " " MULTI-QUOTE when responding to multiple posts. Thanks!
damodar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th October 2014, 01:13   #238
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Hi ACM in fact your ownership thread was an inspiration for me to buy the ARIA. Do you miss the car after you sold it and have you driven the new 2014 model? Your views will be appreciated by prospective owners .
I miss it for sure. Nothing on our roads matches its interior comfort and practicality. XUV though comes close in many aspects. Didnt enjoy the fortuner and Rexton both during test drives. A new AT version would be good to have. Rapid depreciation is a major issue along with a bit too mild van like looks. Gearing of Storme was better with same engine.

May pickup a preowned 2012 one to enjoy it once more but this time at a reasonable price.

The gearing on the new one felt better for pick up from low speeds in second gear compared to the one I had.
ACM is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th October 2014, 09:35   #239
BHPian

I have owned the new Aria - Pure (i mean 2014) since July this year and have done three highway runs so far. Highway driving is effortless and touching speeds of 100+ is extremely seemless. You need to be watching your speedo for not overspeeding. I try not to exceel 110. Overtaking is a breeze and one does not feel any strain on the engine with the AC on(which is a chiller). I get a 15+ average at these speeds. I did Tirupati ghats a couple of days back and the vehicle just seems too eager to pull on the up-gradient. I have done 5000kms so far and i must say this vehicle is meant for a long term ownership. Service intervals are 15000Kms or once a year which works well for me.

One thing that could have been better is the gears are way too tall. If you are somewhere just below 30kmph on 3rd gear, it takes a short bit to pull on this gear. When you downshift to 2nd, the vehicle jerks as this speed is a little higher for that gear. I am not sure if a performance chip could solve this issue.

Another thing i notice in this car and also the same behaviour in my earlier Innova, after a long drive, once you enter city limits where there are more gear changes and lesser speed, the engine seems a bit tired and gruff. Not sure if i am able to articulte it well, I meant, it is not as smooth as it was all the time on the highway. Is it me who is fatigued or the engine. The next day the car seems as smooth as it was. I noticed the same behaviour on my Innova and micra diesel too. Anything i dont know here?
Shiwik is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 12th October 2014, 10:03   #240
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptushar View Post
Checked with Pandit Auto at Pune this morning on the price. He said that they will offer upto 1 lac off on the top end variant. This was without any negotiation. So I guess it can probably be a little more finally. The top end variant OTR price was now coming to 16.27 lacs (after the 1 lac discount) in Pune and 16.08 lacs in PCMC. This includes an extended warranty as well. Hence total warranty of 4 years.

The top end variant is really fully loaded with ABS, EBD, 4x4 and 6 airbags.

Sounds like a compelling option indeed.
~16L for the Pride is super awesome indeed. It is overflowing with features, comfort and capabilities for that price when compared to others in that range.

How many people know of this discount? Very few. The ex showroom price on site is quite a turn off. Must be turning people away at early stages on decision making... Won't it be better to revise the pricing honestly instead of giving random discounts?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks