Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th October 2014, 13:58   #241
Senior - BHPian

Re: More powerful Tata Aria with 150PS & 320 Nm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reinhard View Post
~16L for the Pride is super awesome indeed. It is overflowing with features, comfort and capabilities for that price when compared to others in that range.

How many people know of this discount? Very few. The ex showroom price on site is quite a turn off. Must be turning people away at early stages on decision making... Won't it be better to revise the pricing honestly instead of giving random discounts?
It seems to be a great car with brilliant offer, but even after often tweeting, & DM-ing queries/suggestions to Tata Motors, I haven't got any reply. They don't seem to be replying to anything wrt Aria.

Being a Tata Motors fan, I didn't know that (apart from std 3yrs/1,50,000km) apparently there's also a 1 year extended warranty!

No sales exec at showroom knows or is even interested to find out and call back.

Thats when I feel that except the top guy managing the Aria, others have no interest in addressing enquiries or clarifying the doubts about whats being offered. And when they don't care, why should we auto-enthusiasts bother digging through and elucidating its merits here?

Anyway.

Dear Tata Motors,
Atleast update your website! IMO At best you'll will get only one chance when people enquire about the Aria. Make the most of it. Delegate 1 well-informed (wrt Specifications, Price, Warranty, Ext-Wty & AMC) team for every region.

If possible PLEASE follow a state-wise single fixed price format such that people get the right idea at the first instance itself and can weigh their options when comparing.

- Regards

Last edited by GrammarNazi : 12th October 2014 at 14:07.
Old 17th October 2014, 18:06   #242
BHPian

Finally got a call from SA yesterday that they have got approval from TM for 1.5L for pleasure model. I have asked for more, should get a call in day or two. Again, there's no change to ex-show room for any of the model. They are giving case to case discount (at least that is what they portray). We can assume case = all customers who ask for a quote.

As GNazi says, they seem to be doing all they can 'not' to sell Aria. Can't understand TaMo's strategy.
tifosikrishna is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 21st October 2014, 13:14   #243
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tifosikrishna View Post
Finally got a call from SA yesterday that they have got approval from TM for 1.5L for pleasure model. I have asked for more, should get a call in day or two. Again, there's no change to ex-show room for any of the model. They are giving case to case discount (at least that is what they portray). We can assume case = all customers who ask for a quote.

As GNazi says, they seem to be doing all they can 'not' to sell Aria. Can't understand TaMo's strategy.
That is a great discount. If you do manage to negotiate further then it will be even better. Last I spoke to the dealer here he had said 1L off for the Pride. Clearly one can do a better job of negotiating, looking at what is offered to you.

But my real worry now is, why is Tata going through this kind of a convulated route for discounting? Why not offer a clear discount or better still just drop the price and market the new offering? This whole clandestine model of buyer --> dealer --> company --> dealer --> buyer seems scary.

Is it that Tata is looking at offloading their stock and shutting down the Aria for good? Or am I just being too paranoid?
ptushar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st October 2014, 15:34   #244
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptushar View Post
Is it that Tata is looking at offloading their stock and shutting down the Aria for good? Or am I just being too paranoid?
I do not think so

We saw an MUV (close to ARIA profile) under wrap inside one of their lab during recent visit to Tata Motors plant Pune. Looks like they are doing some major modification on exterior.
Old 21st October 2014, 15:44   #245
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latheesh View Post
I do not think so

We saw an MUV (close to ARIA profile) under wrap inside one of their lab during recent visit to Tata Motors plant Pune. Looks like they are doing some major modification on exterior.
That was my question actually. Are they planning to just call it a day with the Aria and launch a completely new MUV given that Aria has been a marketing disaster. On one thought it makes perfect sense to launch a completely new vehicle and place it correctly in the overall offering, with the right price tag on it. There is only so much recovery that a company can do after it has a product which has fared badly in the market.

The worry is that if they are planning to launch a new MUV then will it make sense to buy an Aria at this stage? Of course Tata is no Daewoo, so I presume that parts should not be an issue. But will resale not suffer?

By the way, do you have more details on what this new MUV was?

Last edited by ptushar : 21st October 2014 at 15:46. Reason: Question & typo
Old 21st October 2014, 15:53   #246
Senior - BHPian

I asked one of TML person about the vehicle, he said it is one of their existing vehicle.
We could easily make out that it is ARIA inside, so do not worry.

Later we asked one of the senior executives from design, he too said they are planning some major changes in Aria.

Current price after discount looks very attractive.

During our plant visit for local transportation they arranged a TATA ARIA which clocked around 116000 KM. No squeaks or rattles, very good!

Recently we traveled in another ARIA which clocked 86000 KM, no issues in it either!

Last edited by Latheesh : 21st October 2014 at 16:00.
Latheesh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd October 2014, 10:04   #247
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I do not think so

TML is developing a new MPV. That's what you spotted at the ERC.

Cheers,

Jay
Old 22nd October 2014, 10:25   #248
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayPrashanth View Post
TML is developing a new MPV. That's what you spotted at the ERC.

Cheers,

Jay
Quote:
I asked one of TML person about the vehicle, he said it is one of their existing vehicle. We could easily make out that it is ARIA inside, so do not worry. Later we asked one of the senior executives from design, he too said they are planning some major changes in Aria.
Most probably, TM is doing to Aria what it has done to Vista by taking the Bolt route. Same body shell but with new, more stylish exteriors. The end result is a better looking product but with same basic design.

This is a good move. IMO, the biggest problem with the Aria is its insipid styling. The basic design is fine.
Old 22nd October 2014, 11:30   #249
rkg
Senior - BHPian

Returned from Leh trip( September 24th to October 19th).
ARIA performed well.
No problem at all.
Cleaned the air filter in Kargil voluntarily
Total distance traveled is 8789 Km
Milage minimum of 10.13/ltr to maximum of 15.62/ltr
Consistently given around 11 in Leh and all mountain passes
rkg is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 22nd October 2014, 11:34   #250
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkg View Post
ARIA performed well.
No problem at all.
Is your Aria the 4 X 4 version?
Old 22nd October 2014, 11:46   #251
rkg
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by directinjection View Post
Is your Aria the 4 X 4 version?
No. Pure LX, March 2014. refreshed version
Odo at the start is 4626 and end 13415
Visited Khardungla, warila, hunder,Pongong, Hanle vis Tsagala, Rangdum, penzila.
Went by Srinagar route back by Manali route

There are no roads at all in rangdum, Dubring , Tsaga la sectors
rkg is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 22nd October 2014, 11:51   #252
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
No. Pure LX, March 2014. refreshed version
Odo at the start is 4626 and end 13415
Visited Khardungla, warila, hunder,Pongong, Hanle vis Tsagala, Rangdum, penzila.
Went by Srinagar route back by Manali route

There are no roads at all in rangdum, Dubring , Tsaga la sectors
Hats off to you! It must have taken a lot of planning and stamina to undertake such a long journey. Hope you continue to enjoy your Aria!
Old 23rd October 2014, 11:05   #253
BHPian

Quote:
ARIA performed well.
No problem at all.
Superb trip Ravi.Its good to see such feedback on Aria. I think Tata should use some of these in their marketing.
Old 23rd October 2014, 16:33   #254
Senior - BHPian

I recently test drove the Aria base version.
The suspension is an absolutely gem. It eats craters for breakfast, lunch, dinner and midnight supper. I could pull off 2k kms in a day and still not have any aches and pains.
Driving ergonomics are good. 150bhp feels super peppy for a people mover. Steering is light and precise(almost).
I hate the front end design and stickering. The front end looks very dated now and needs a complete redesign. Wide panel gaps are evident externally. I personally think the interior fit and finish has scope for improvement.
But for the price, given the per sqft rate of automobile real estate, its very competitive.

Last edited by jaysmokesleaves : 23rd October 2014 at 16:37.
jaysmokesleaves is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd October 2014, 18:59   #255
BHPian

I feel Aria is the most underrated vehicle in the TML stable. The fact that it is a completely new vehicle built from ground up with a strong Tata DNA, underpinnings of Storme (the stiffer, lighter hydroformed chassis) , a robust build, impeccable highway manners, acres of real estate, a respectable FE, decent amounts of power & torque & a comfortably pliant yet abuse friendly suspension among others should have made this vehicle a bestseller.

Alas, we Indians get sold on looks, which often become the biggest deciding factor (not that there's anything wrong with the present Aria's looks- I find it understated & purposeful) and hardly do any research on the capabilities of a product for which we are ready to shell out cash upwards of a million. The crazy initial pricing & less than enthusiastic sales staff at most dealers also did not do wonders for the sales of this otherwise brilliant car.

I hope Tata Motors take a cue and refresh the exteriors as well as the interiors in keeping with the expectations of the general car buying public (though I secretly hope they don't go too fluidic or cat-eyed!). It would be criminal to see this car fold.

Cheers !
Ironhide is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks