Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 18th May 2015, 22:37   #331
BHPian

Re: PICS: Tata begins testing Nano Twist Active AMT

The pricing is certainly disappointing and let me explain why I think so. I purchased Nano Twist XT last October. For me, the price after all the discount came to 2.45 lakhs which is the perfect amount I would have liked to shell out for the cutie. A month before buying the car from Prerana Motors, KHT and Concorde were willing to sell it at a final price of 2.65 lakh and I cancelled negotiations with them.

Now coming to the AMT, I would be willing to pay 50K more, or 60K at max. Now, Tata is expecting 3.86 lakh which is way too on the higher side. Naturally, a few months down the line when it does not sell at all they will be forced to sell it at a discount of 50K plus to clear the inventory. Rather, if they had the introductory price at 3.2 lakh for six months, they would have huge sales and good word-of-mouth publicity would have got them consistent sales of at least 3K. I am sure six months down the line, nobody would be inquiring about Nano AMT except those who truly love the car. Thats adieu Nano, you will continue to be a sales failure. Truly, TaTa to the Nano.
Old 18th May 2015, 22:53   #332
Distinguished - BHPian

For all that we have discussed, I am still hoping that TML will surprise us tomorrow. Waiting.
Old 18th May 2015, 23:32   #333
BHPian

With no offense to anyone, I don't really understand why Tata is bent on flogging a dead horse - after all the Nano is 7 years old now!. I have said this before and at the risk of repeating myself - Tata really needs to do a clean sheet redesign of the Nano and stop doing these refreshes, which are only consuming precious resources - both financial and R&D bandwidth, that can be better utilized elsewhere.

No matter how convenient the AMT is, a 3.8L Nano has at best, a limited market of folks looking for a second / third car primarily for the office commute, school / grocery runs and nothing else. Even the school run might be a challenge because I would imagine the kids want to be dropped in the bigger car and not a 'perceived' cheap one!
Old 18th May 2015, 23:43   #334
Senior - BHPian

Firstly, please reconsider AMT is for our crowded Tier-I cities where traffic is c-r-a-z-y not just while going to & returning from office, but often even otherwise!

So tier-II cities have little to do with AMT pricing.

Given that in cities, most people change / upgrade (from hatches to sedans) within Max 4-5 years, often even 3 years!

So, the Only valid reason I could imagine complaining about is the re-sale value.

I didn't want to mention earlier, but my 2010 Nano Std driven ~22,000km , was valued at "Not much more than Rs.30-35k if in good condition" by a dealer earlier this month.

Anyway, IMO 3.5L was the sweet spot.

I know, objectively thinking, the difference of 30k means nothing, but from an Indian customers PoV, anything more would kill the little buzz that was created. IMO That's just how 'people' are.

Tomorrow if they announce 3.8L, then my suspicion, that the businessmen have left Bombay House and finance managers having taken over Tata Motors, would (tragically) come true.

Let's see. *fingers crossed*
GrammarNazi is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th May 2015, 07:14   #335
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
GrammarNazi : So, the Only valid reason I could imagine complaining about is the re-sale value.

I didn't want to mention earlier, but my 2010 Nano Std driven ~22,000km , was valued at "Not much more than Rs.30-35k if in good condition" by a dealer earlier this month.
One more reason to consider a used AT hatch is that even the used hatch will likely get a better resale after similar
number of years of use as the Nano.

Quote:
GrammarNazi : Tomorrow if they announce 3.8L, then my suspicion, that the businessmen have left Bombay House and finance managers having taken over Tata Motors, would (tragically) come true.
I hope they prove you wrong. We'll know in a few more hours ..
Old 19th May 2015, 08:14   #336
BHPian

Re: "Tata Nano", or "Tata, Nano" ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sun_king View Post
I was in the Maruti Showroom on Friday and there were NO discounts or offers for the Alto K10 AMT. (No corporate offers, no exchange bonus, nothing!). The way Maruti is handling the K10 sales, I get the feeling that they expect the demand for K10 AMT to be stable.
Zest XMA which is hardly selling a few hundred a month also does not come with any discounts since there is a supply problem from Magneti Marelli. I feel that even Nano AMT can't be produced in huge volumes because of that reason so it cannot have huge unsold stock to be discounted heavily 10 months or a year later.

Last edited by damodar : 19th May 2015 at 08:15.
Old 19th May 2015, 09:09   #337
BHPian

Any idea what time the launch is today? Any live streaming link available?
Old 19th May 2015, 10:13   #338
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeantownThinker View Post
Your best bet is to keep track of the nano twitter handle, which basically keeps saying the same thing every 20 mins "Prices today, stay tuned".

So tuned we shall stay. Its 1 am here and still waiting!

https://twitter.com/tatanano_tweets

Launch Starts at 11:30 AM

Last edited by budgam.boonyi : 19th May 2015 at 10:40. Reason: Launch time Announced
Old 19th May 2015, 11:19   #339
BHPian

One change that ought to be done was the removal of central meters on dashboard and have a traditional approach. I know many folks who put off the decision to buy a car for this reason alone (spark, erstwhile vista etc. and nano)
p'arth is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th May 2015, 11:42   #340
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeantownThinker View Post
Here you go!

11:30 AM today (Already started)
http://www.tatanano.com/genxnanowebcast/
Old 19th May 2015, 11:50   #341
Distinguished - BHPian

Before the big one comes out from the maker itself, I saw this piece of news item stating that the GenX Nano might be priced between 2.25L to 2.99L. Though, this is a huge window but probably a more realistic one.

http://aajtak.intoday.in/story/tata-...-1-812963.html

Lets see if TML has any surprises under its belt.

Thanks!
Old 19th May 2015, 12:05   #342
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
saket77 : ... piece of news item stating that the GenX Nano might be priced between 2.25L to 2.99L. Though, this is a huge window
Guys, please remember that the numbers I have posted earlier are for Bangalore. Mumbai prices would be similar. But Delhi prices - the ones that would be announced, will be lower. The above numbers (2.25 - 2.99L) would also be for Delhi.
condor is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th May 2015, 12:36   #343
Senior - BHPian

Price for the AMT Nano to start at 2.69L and top end at 2.89L ex Delhi. 2.99L ex Mumbai.

Last edited by safari_lover : 19th May 2015 at 12:37.
Old 19th May 2015, 12:36   #344
BHPian

Did I read it right? 1.99 for the MT and 2.69 for the AMT!! This is such a sweet deal!!
Old 19th May 2015, 12:37   #345
BHPian

Nano XTA Prices
Ex Showroom Delhi - 2.89 L
Ex Showroom Mumbai - 2.99L

Having 2 AMT options only increases the charm for the Nano. Hope to see some numbers on road now.

Last edited by uday.ere : 19th May 2015 at 12:45.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks