Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 12th May 2015, 19:17   #286
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: PICS: Tata begins testing Nano Twist Active AMT

Guys, can we just stop this whole Alto vs. Nano debate - its rather pointless and is not taking this discussion forward. If you like the Alto, buy it. If you like the Nano, buy it!

Let's just discuss the "Nano Twist Active AMT Hyper Super Flo Whiz Bang" - sorry couldn't resist adding a few more suffixes to help Tata's marketing team name future variants.
arunphilip is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th May 2015, 20:47   #287
BHPian

Booked the AMT last week online. Two salespersons from Concorde Motors came home today to collect registration-related ID & address proofs. AMT in Persian Rose colour is available for viewing in the basement of their Prabhadevi showroom. No TDs yet but they promised to send over one home after launch on 19 May. No brochure either. After price announcement, they are ok with RTGS payment (3.5+lac OTR they said). Expected delivery only from early June.

Last edited by Poseidon : 12th May 2015 at 20:49. Reason: sp check
Poseidon is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 13th May 2015, 06:07   #288
BHPian

Last week visited the showroom. I am an existing Nano owner. They valued my 2012 special edition LX @ Rs. 65,000. Added Rs. 20,000 loyalty bonus. Then they revised it upwards to a total reduction of Rs. 90,000. I asked them the price of AMT. They said that it is not yet known. Now they call me and ask as to when I am going to book the car. I told them how can one book a car without knowing the price and test drive? Which planet are these guys from?
sridhga is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th May 2015, 07:15   #289
BANNED

Deliveries shall be commencing around Mid-June. Have been called around 3 times by the Sales Representative for sealing the deal.

I have told them, get the me the TD car, I'll drive then visit Maruti Suzuki for Alto K10. After a back to back TD will decide on which car to go ahead with.

I feel Tata guys are pushing too much to get customers even before TD cars are available and before one gets a taste of how it feels to drive. One sales guy says, check reviews online and decide Saar! They are honest Saar!

I said OK thank you but I need time and walked out of the showroom.
Old 13th May 2015, 07:32   #290
Distinguished - BHPian

19-May is the launch date, and we will get the price only then. TD's should commence on 20th. There are a few vehicles with the dealers, and a few people will possibly get them by May end. But most people will likely have to wait till June.

Though I have pre-booked, waiting to TD before I decide on Nano vs Used AT hatch.
condor is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th May 2015, 11:28   #291
BHPian

just now got another call from Tata, I think 6th overall. The only thing they want to know is what one is thinking about buying the Genx!

Manual variants are available in showrooms but not in display. however, they told me that I can still check it out if I wished.
Old 13th May 2015, 11:35   #292
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by avingodb View Post
just now got another call from Tata, I think 6th overall. The only thing they want to know is what one is thinking about buying the Genx!

Manual variants are available in showrooms but not in display. however, they told me that I can still check it out if I wished.
My experience is the opposite. I had paid a booking advance of 5000 for a GenX AMT. A week back, I got a call from Tata Motors Pune telling me that the car is available at the dealer's place. I called the dealer immediately and asked if the car is there. But they told me that they have not yet got the car and will contact me once they get it. Total silence since then.
Old 13th May 2015, 12:47   #293
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by graaja View Post
My experience is the opposite
Sorry if I confused you. Today's call was from the dealership. Overall I have received 2 calls each from Pune, some Rajasthan Number (as per true caller) and from the dealer.

Of course, I was informed that the model they have in the stock is not AMT but the manual one.
avingodb is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 13th May 2015, 13:50   #294
Senior - BHPian

All these years (yes, years) I was asking 'when can we expect the nano AMT'. Now I am asking 'when can we expect disc brakes, atleast in front'.
I have an A-star AT with ABS and 'front discs / rear drums', and still not confident about braking at city speeds (even compared to my alto 800). A nano AMT with drum brakes all round would be the scariest thing on my rear-view mirror.

Last edited by jinojohnt : 13th May 2015 at 13:52.
Old 13th May 2015, 14:44   #295
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poseidon View Post
AMT in Persian Rose colour is available for viewing in the basement of their Prabhadevi showroom.
Would it be possible for you to click a snap if you are in the vicinity. Curious to see the Persian Rose shade. Thanks in advance
Old 13th May 2015, 15:54   #296
BHPian

I went to the Tejasvi Motors showroom at Hi-Tech City, Hyd. They had a AMT car in Persian Rose color to TD, and I was more than happy to oblige .

Most of the points are already covered in the reviews. But 2 key points I could think of-

* I didn't like the AMT box. At all. The up-shifts are pretty jerky. The down-shifts are quite late. In traffic, when I slowed down from 55 to 35 the car was still in 4th gear. It came down to 3rd after few seconds, and by then the traffic had moved much ahead.

* I own the 2013 Nano CX (without PS) and can say that this car surely feels much refined than my car. The doors feel a lot more solid than my car. And the NVH is much less than my car.

Now I wanted to know what they would offer for my car. I am not so keen on the boot and the AMT, so enquired about the Twist as well. And this is the information I got -

The Twist currently has about 50k in discounts which brings the OTR to around 2.6l. He offered me 70k for my car (1 year old, 4k Kms on the odo) + 20k in exchange bonus. Which means I'll have to shell out 1.7l more to get a Nano with PS. I came out with a big smile as I thought that guy must be nuts!!
shifu is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 13th May 2015, 16:15   #297
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by shifu View Post
I went to the Tejasvi Motors showroom at Hi-Tech City, Hyd. They had a AMT car in Persian Rose color to TD, and I was more than happy to oblige

Thanks for the information on the TD car availability in Hyderabad @ Tata Motors. Have been calling and finding out from Malik Cars. Shall ping Tejasvi and get a TD arranged.
Old 13th May 2015, 16:43   #298
BHPian

Quote:
I went to the Tejasvi Motors showroom at Hi-Tech City, Hyd. They had a AMT car in Persian Rose color to TD, and I was more than happy to oblige
Good to know that TDs have started. I can see the display vehicle here in Bangalore at the Aadya Motors outlet (the blue and Sangria Red colors), am sure they would also have received their TD cars by now. Could you get any pics?
Old 13th May 2015, 16:53   #299
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by uday.ere View Post
Could you get any pics?
Sorry, I didn't click any. But there are many available on the automotive forums.
Old 14th May 2015, 07:43   #300
BHPian

Quote:
I went to the Tejasvi Motors showroom at Hi-Tech City, Hyd. They had a AMT car in Persian Rose color to TD, and I was more than happy to oblige .

Most of the points are already covered in the reviews. But 2 key points I could think of-

* I didn't like the AMT box. At all. The up-shifts are pretty jerky. The down-shifts are quite late. In traffic, when I slowed down from 55 to 35 the car was still in 4th gear. It came down to 3rd after few seconds, and by then the traffic had moved much ahead.

* I own the 2013 Nano CX (without PS) and can say that this car surely feels much refined than my car. The doors feel a lot more solid than my car. And the NVH is much less than my car.

Now I wanted to know what they would offer for my car. I am not so keen on the boot and the AMT, so enquired about the Twist as well. And this is the information I got -

The Twist currently has about 50k in discounts which brings the OTR to around 2.6l. He offered me 70k for my car (1 year old, 4k Kms on the odo) + 20k in exchange bonus. Which means I'll have to shell out 1.7l more to get a Nano with PS. I came out with a big smile as I thought that guy must be nuts!!

How was the performance on inclines ?
Does the car actually go back a little if stuck midway on an incline ?

Moderators - when is the only authentic review of AMT scheduled for ?

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 14th May 2015 at 08:15. Reason: Back to back posts merged
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks