Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 29th May 2014, 15:13   #16
BHPian

re: Is this the Maruti Celerio Diesel?

I feel they might take the same multi-jet diesel engine having 3 cylinders that is currently doing its duty in Chevrolet Beat Diesel. Wagon-R and Celerio in diesel can be considered, but Alto coming with a diesel engine would be a surprise. Might be the Alto body currently with K-10 would be capable of withstanding NVH of a diesel engine.
Old 29th May 2014, 15:57   #17
Senior - BHPian

If I have understood the story of Nano diesel right, the idea was shelved by Tata because it wasn't economically feasible to price the car competitively.

However, it looks like Celerio was priced intelligently when it was launched with petrol engine. Now they will be able to price the Celerio diesel a little higher and not suffer a loss.

Wasn't it Bosch that had developed common rail direct injection system for small 2-cylinder diesel engines (specifically for Nano)? I get a feeling that Maruti (Suzuki) has made deal with Bosch to source the same system.
Old 29th May 2014, 16:38   #18
BHPian

All i can say to Maruti guys is 'All the Best'. How they manage that 2 cylinder engine on the car is something that only time will tell. Competitive pricing makes companies do strange things!
Old 29th May 2014, 17:18   #19
BHPian

I Hope that better sense prevails and they get the now-standard 3 cylinder engine into the Celerio. I also hope that enough people comment here and someone from MSIL Sales or Business Development see this and understands the importance of the same for a long term strategy.
Old 29th May 2014, 18:33   #20
Distinguished - BHPian

The two cylinder sounds like a Tata Ace.

Why couldnt they at least give a three cylinder diesel like the Grand i10 to keep the comparison nice and good? Just horrible.
audioholic is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th June 2014, 09:18   #21
Distinguished - BHPian

re: Maruti Celerio to get 800 cc diesel engine. EDIT: Now launched!

Latest update on Celerio- Diesel,

Source: Gaadiwaadi.com
volkman10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th June 2014, 09:54   #22
BHPian

Nice scoop. Good to see that the Japs are adapting to diesel favoring Indian conditions. Celerio diesel would compete the Beat diesel, IMO the later would still be a better buy.
Old 25th June 2014, 15:34   #23
Distinguished - BHPian

The all-new 800 cc diesel powerplant for the Maruti Suzuki Celerio will provide an astounding mileage of 30 kms/liter, reports ET.

Quote:
According to ET Now, the 800 cc diesel engine will be the smallest in the market. Currently Chevrolet Beat's 1,000 cc diesel engine is the smallest.

A Maruti Suzuki official told ET Now that the diesel engine will be developed at the auto major's Gurgaon plant. The official also told ET Now that the mileage of the diesel engine will be close to 30 km/litre.
DETAILS - http://auto.economictimes.indiatimes...ngine/37126225
RavenAvi is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th June 2014, 17:24   #24
Senior - BHPian

In both the videos uploaded, car sounds very very strange, horrible in fact for a car. It sounds Just like a Auto Rickshaw. If that is the case, its really bad. I hope Maruti is sensible enough not to launch car with such a engine which makes such a noise. With diesel subsidy decreasing every month, i am not sure how many more months we will have diesel freak market, specially in personal user case. With current diesel - petrol prices, it takes more than 50 k kms to recover the additional cost you pay for the diesel engine. Personal user takes anywhere between 5-8 years to complete that. So diesel don't make much sense.
aniketi is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 26th June 2014, 09:47   #25
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aniketi View Post
In both the videos uploaded, car sounds very very strange, horrible in fact for a car.
Yes, the engine sounds horrible in the video. Maruti has always been successful in deadning engine NVH levels, we have seen it with the same Multijet in a Swift vs in a Punto. My point is, these videos are of test mules, Maruti would take care of this concern in the real production cars.
Also, apart from the price difference between petrol and diesel, mileage is also a big factor here. Compared to petrol, diesels are more likely to return tge promised mileage, meaning a difference of ~10 km per litre. Freaks will remain freaks dear. Possibly we will see a continuous rise in demand if petrols, and lesser discounts for petrol variants, and diesel options to be cheaper, probably with some good discounts, than before.
itsashishsharma is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th July 2014, 18:55   #26
Distinguished - BHPian

Celerio diesel spied again - more refined could come out with the best in class mileage.

Maruti Celerio to get 800 cc diesel engine. EDIT: Now launched!-celeriodiesel.jpg

Quote:
Upcoming diesel Celerio powered by 800cc diesel engine near its Gurgaon factory today . This time it could be the top of the line Variant that latterly will named Celerio ZDi
Quote:
Another black Celerio powered by same 800cc diesel engine but is very Silent then before and producing noise like Swift Diesel

http://blog.gaadiwaadi.com/2014/07/c...ine-noise.html
volkman10 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th July 2014, 12:09   #27
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
Celerio diesel spied again - more refined could come out with the best in class mileage.
Seems like there's a good progress in making the 2-cyl Diesel motor suitable for use in cars.

Any news about the 1.2L and 1.6L Diesel motors that Suzuki said to be developing?
Old 29th July 2014, 20:10   #28
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

http://blog.gaadiwaadi.com/2014/07/c...ine-noise.html
This is heights! They have posted a video with the audio track removed, claiming a reduced and better sound for the Celerio diesel engine.

Is there any version of this video where we can actually hear the sound and not some background music?
zenren is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 11th August 2014, 09:04   #29
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zenren View Post
Is there any version of this video where we can actually hear the sound and not some background music?
Here is the video of the 'latest' Celerio diesel on test.

https://twitter.com/gaadiwaadi/statu...58601728765953
volkman10 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th August 2014, 09:27   #30
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks volkman10 for the new video. I'm not sure if there is any considerable improvement in the noise levels as was claimed elsewhere. It looks to me as if the audio levels in the new video has been purposefully brought down to give a feeling of lower noise levels. Try viewing that video with audio levels where you can hear the engine noise and then try viewing the first video you posted at the same volume levels. Second video can be heard from a block away at that volume setting!
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks