Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 19th May 2015, 10:12   #121
Distinguished - BHPian

re: Maruti Celerio to get 800 cc diesel engine. EDIT: Now launched!

The Celerio DDiS will be launched on 3rd June 2015, as per an exclusive by IndiaCarNews.
RavenAvi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th May 2015, 21:11   #122
BHPian

desdemona: They needn't. The herd mentality Indian consumers will dampen it for them by buying them by the thousands!

My problem is not with Maruti or their cars. Unfortunately, given that the OEMs don't create vehicles to dazzle, but because it is a business. They will sell to whomever buys and in the largest quantity possible (also known as the mainstream consumers). This also means, that 'papad panels' will continue to be made and sold with minimal regard to safety, NVH, refinement etc. Only FE FE FE !!! India = FE! (smirk)
Old 23rd May 2015, 23:19   #123
BHPian

Has anyone booked the car?
Old 24th May 2015, 06:06   #124
BHPian

According to Bimal auto, the launch date is June 10. Next is S cross. No news on facelifted ertiga.
Old 26th May 2015, 18:13   #125
Distinguished - BHPian

The upcoming Maruti Celerio diesel will become the most fuel efficient car in the country with ARAI figures indicating a mileage of 27.62kpl.

Quote:
Maruti’s first home-grown diesel engine will displace 793cc and churn out 47bhp at 3500rpm and 12.7kgm of torque at 2000rpm. It will be available with a five-speed manual gearbox, but an AMT gearbox won't be offered anytime soon. As stated in our previous report, the Celerio diesel’s DDiS125 badge indicates the torque output of this new engine with 12.7kgm translating to 125Nm of torque.

http://www.autocarindia.com/auto-new...ed-395274.aspx

Last edited by volkman10 : 26th May 2015 at 18:16.
volkman10 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th May 2015, 19:05   #126
Senior - BHPian

If the Celerio is going to be about 80k ex-showroom higher than the petrol variant, the Celerio ZXI (not O) diesel would be somewhere around 6.30-6.40ish on-road Mumbai.

Beat Diesel is available for the same or maybe slightly lesser on road Mumbai for the corresponding LT variant post the current and ever available discounts.
dipen is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th May 2015, 20:29   #127
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dipen View Post
If the Celerio is going to be about 80k ex-showroom higher than the petrol variant, the Celerio ZXI (not O) diesel would be somewhere around 6.30-6.40ish on-road Mumbai.

Beat Diesel is available for the same or maybe slightly lesser on road Mumbai for the corresponding LT variant post the current and ever available discounts.
I like the way you think. Even I believe that the Beat diesel is a better bet than the Celerio diesel. If offered for the same price, I would buy Beat anyday. Its more powerful and better built.
Old 26th May 2015, 21:40   #128
Senior - BHPian

This engine would have better suited the Alto K10. Don't understand why they want to plonk it in the Celerio. Figures, barring the torque, suck big time.
longhorn is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th May 2015, 23:56   #129
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by longhorn View Post
This engine would have better suited the Alto K10. Don't understand why they want to plonk it in the Celerio. Figures, barring the torque, suck big time.
I'd say this engine is more suited to the Alto 800 rather than the K10.

IMO, the K10 the personifies 'performance' hence such engines are best suited for FE oriented cars like Alto 800.
a4anurag is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th May 2015, 00:10   #130
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
The flimsy build of the Alto will not be able to withstand or control the NVH levels of the engine, and the weak underpinnings will not be good enough for the kind of torque this engine produces. Guess they will have to beef up the Alto before it can be deemed fit for a diesel engine. Oh wait, they've got the grown up version of the alto with them so bring the celerio to the R&D department, put this engine in and there you go, India's most fuel efficient car is coming.

As already mentioned, the Beat diesel will be a no brainer against this one. No point in buying the Celerio diesel over the beat. Sad thing that GM is lethargic over its run in India. Else they could have sold good numbers of the Beat diesel. I just hope that the Celerio diesel will not bomb MSILs image. If that's going to happen, either the car won't sell, or the brand itself will face tough times.

Concerned mainly with
1. Long term performance of this engine, since its new and completely home bred.
2. Expectations v/s Delivery of satisfaction to customers. Some people don't even take a test drive before buying just because they believe MS cant go wrong. They might be disappointed with this one.
audioholic is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th May 2015, 01:48   #131
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioholic View Post

As already mentioned, the Beat diesel will be a no brainer against this one. No point in buying the Celerio diesel over the beat. Sad thing that GM is lethargic over its run in India. Else they could have sold good numbers of the Beat diesel. I just hope that the Celerio diesel will not bomb MSILs image. If that's going to happen, either the car won't sell, or the brand itself will face tough times.

Concerned mainly with
1. Long term performance of this engine, since its new and completely home bred.
2. Expectations v/s Delivery of satisfaction to customers. Some people don't even take a test drive before buying just because they believe MS cant go wrong. They might be disappointed with this one.

I don't think on the same lines!
And has placed a good amount bet (Rs 5,000 booking ) on my assumptions and conclusions!

Let me explain :-

1. Beat Diesel is a good vehicle. But the resale value is a big let down and the vehicle is starting to show its age right now add to that Chevrolet brand is a let down as of now atleast.

2.1 My bet is on the good F.E numbers.
2.2 Run a good 1 lakh km under warranty period. (For us personally keeping car for 3 years makes much economic sense)
2.3 Factor in the low cost of maintenance even after that.
2.4 Easy availibility of service.
2.5 Satisfaction of paying Rs 10 less per litre of fuel and
2.6 Also with the safety regulations kicking in around October 2017 expect the small vehicle prices to go up 10-15 % there by suppressing the depreciation to a large effect (since Maruti depreciates much much slower). Resale value
2.7 Celerio Petrol is not a bad car after all .

Now lets say Maruti indeed goes wrong for argument sake!
My saving grace is still the fuel economy number and it being maruti, there will always be takers for it.

Last edited by johannskaria : 27th May 2015 at 02:11.
johannskaria is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th May 2015, 13:14   #132
Senior - BHPian

From several members in the forum, it seems that MSIL is arrived and thus no logic can beat its product line on this side of 10 Lac. There are very many cars better in almost all departments (barring the network of MSIL for service) on this side of 5-6 Lac band, yet when something is sold with Maruti Stamp on it, a large population will buy it with closed eyes.

We have seen very many members cursing Nano's 2 cylinder petrol motor for the engine note; I am not sure if members have actually witnessed the engine note of 2 cylinder diesel motor produced by MSIL yet once the booking opens, people will queue up for purchase.

Overall NVH of a 2 cylinder Diesel ! well for tin body shell of MSIL would be worth an experience.

Cheers
i74js is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th May 2015, 14:05   #133
BHPian

i was looking to buy a diesal Maruti but 80k over celerio's cost seems too much if true. Might go for CNG wagon R as thats having great discounts and is a proven performer.
Old 27th May 2015, 14:35   #134
Senior - BHPian

80000INR over the K10 Celerio? That's too expensive for a 2-cylinder engine! Considering Celerio's safety aspects are un-proven, I'd rather go with the Ritz LDi around that price point (Known saint!).

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
I'd say this engine is more suited to the Alto 800 rather than the K10.

IMO, the K10 the personifies 'performance' hence such engines are best suited for FE oriented cars like Alto 800.
I guess Celerio is just a launching pad for this engine. Eventually, this engine will make it to Alto, WagonR, StringRay considering they share the petrol engine already.
Old 27th May 2015, 15:44   #135
Senior - BHPian

May be this is why nano-D was shelved! No ways public would even dream in their worst nightmare to own a nano-D when the cheapest Diesel Hatch (Chevy Beat) may just be beaten by a maruti!

Kudos to Maruti - please price it right! Not that your diehard fans would mind anyway!
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks