Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 3rd June 2015, 10:21   #826
Senior - BHPian

Re: Scoop: Updated Tata Safari Storme in the offing? EDIT: Now launched

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post

And why would Tata do that?
Good question. . Firstly poor quality control. Especially with indica v1 then with the first iteration of dicor 2.2. IMO these two faux pas killed their image on quality control. When they did get their act together, with newer iteration of vista and dicor then Storme, they didn't combat the negative word of mouth with a positive publicity campaign.
Secondly lack of tightening up of their shady dealer network. Poor ass and unethical practices by dealers were ignored leading to Tata ass comparable to Skoda or worse. Now that their ass has gotten better, again no song and dance about the same. As a Tata customer over the last 5 years, two cars and over 60000kms driven I don't find a single defect in either the product or the after sales service. But this improvement is only known to me.. Tata has not bothered to do some image makeover..that's the issue.
apachelongbow is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd June 2015, 11:54   #827
BHPian

Are we getting a Team-BHP official review of the new Storme?

Define irony : waiting for Team BHP to hear about the official review on a thread where we're bashing TATA for not being communicative enough!

So I have booked the 2015 Storme VX and waiting for delivery for the last two weeks. The dealer has gone back on his word twice and is citing the lack of visibility at TATA. And I'm talking about the company owned dealership( Concorde). Initially the reason given was that the color opted by me( Astern Black, love the color!!) was not available and hence the delay, then came the "sir its in transit will be offloaded on 30th May and delivery on 31st May". Now apparently its stuck at Rajasthan border and will reach the stockyard on 4th night and delivery on Sunday. Can't do much besides waiting for Sunday. And the Team BHP review!

Having said that, have seen a couple of refreshed Stormes on the road. One in Dwarka, New Delhi( was looking smashing in Silver) and one in a small town in Rajasthan!
Familyguy is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 3rd June 2015, 12:00   #828
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by apachelongbow View Post
Good question. . Firstly poor quality control. Especially with indica v1 then with the first iteration of dicor 2.2. IMO these two faux pas killed their image on quality control. When they did get their act together, with newer iteration of vista and dicor then Storme, they didn't combat the negative word of mouth with a positive publicity campaign.
Secondly lack of tightening up of their shady dealer network. Poor ass and unethical practices by dealers were ignored leading to Tata ass comparable to Skoda or worse. Now that their ass has gotten better, again no song and dance about the same. As a Tata customer over the last 5 years, two cars and over 60000kms driven I don't find a single defect in either the product or the after sales service. But this improvement is only known to me.. Tata has not bothered to do some image makeover..that's the issue.
To be honest, sometimes (often) I feel that TATA simply does not care. I think they are being led by old school ethics. Do good, continually improve, be your own worst critic. The rest will sort itself out magically on its own.

I know of a lot of companies whose core culture and ethos is very anti being loud and over the top and effusive and in your face in terms of marketing, public relations, and being in the spotlight.

I know for a fact, being a Tata boy myself, that Tata is definitely the grand-daddy of this business model.
ebonho is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd June 2015, 12:23   #829
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebonho View Post
To be honest, sometimes (often) I feel that TATA simply does not care. I think they are being led by old school ethics. Do good, continually improve, be your own worst critic. The rest will sort itself out magically on its own.
I quite agree. The Marketing Dept at TaMo is the sloppiest of the lot. They can do so much with a product like Storme using targeted digital and other niche marketing tools. But no, they just dont learn. The improvements that TaMo have made at the back end are thus let down.
KrishD is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd June 2015, 12:25   #830
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Familyguy View Post
So I have booked the 2015 Storme VX and waiting for delivery for the last two weeks. The dealer has gone back on his word twice and is citing the lack of visibility at TATA. And I'm talking about the company owned dealership( Concorde). Initially the reason given was that the color opted by me( Astern Black, love the color!!) was not available and hence the delay, then came the "sir its in transit will be offloaded on 30th May and delivery on 31st May". Now apparently its stuck at Rajasthan border and will reach the stockyard on 4th night and delivery on Sunday.
Is this Concorde in South Extension?
Old 3rd June 2015, 12:30   #831
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KrishD View Post
Is this Concorde in South Extension?
Yes. I've been looking to buy the Storme for the last 2 years (Yes, 2 years!) and they're the ones I've been touch with. To be fair to the guy, he's been good with the test drives and everything but things don't seem to be in his control when it came to the business end. But yeah, over committing and under delivering is not something I vouch for.
Familyguy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd June 2015, 12:39   #832
Senior - BHPian

They should learn from Mahindra especially on Social Media Optimization (SMO). SMO is a broad digital targeting, using google analyics, google search, facebook and youtube advertorials, to keep focusing on their product or products. This combined with paid articles in motoring magazines (advertising features), and some amount of good press here and there, buys you mindspace of a potential consumer.
Tata should begin an aggressive campaign, telling how they have relaunched themselves, how their commitment to quality and luxury has lead them to use technologies and learning from JLR (Indians love anything foreign), so how their products are designed abroad, how robots assemble everything and human workers don't touch anything, how their extended warranties are providing peace of mind, customer reviews (even Dove soaps does it).
The approach should be multi pronged to clean the minds of buyers, into thinking how they are getting quality, good after sales support, and why driving a Tata car is not to be considered driving something unreliable or cheap.

It depends on where they want consumers to see them? Maruti has established that it is reliable, economical, Hyundai has a bit more desirability and reliability, Mahindra is a proven workhorse in UVs, so where does it leave the Tatas?
They have good proven products in the Zest and the Bolt, the new Nano too seems to have caught the attention of buyers and the Storme seems desirable seeing the amount of attention being generated. What is left is the last mile to translate desirability in sales.
apachelongbow is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 3rd June 2015, 12:41   #833
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Yes. I've been looking to buy the Storme for the last 2 years (Yes, 2 years!) and they're the ones I've been touch with. To be fair to the guy, he's been good with the test drives and everything but things don't seem to be in his control when it came to the business end. But yeah, over committing and under delivering is not something I vouch for.
Congratulations on your Storme bro. Welcome to the family!

2 years is pretty normal actually. That's how long it took me as well, between wanting to first buy the Dicor and finally waiting and waiting and finally buying the Storme.

Good things come to those who wait. Tata of course really tests that adage to the last drop of our patience and resolve .....
Old 3rd June 2015, 12:59   #834
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

2 years is pretty normal actually. That's how long it took me as well, between wanting to first buy the Dicor and finally waiting and waiting and finally buying the Storme.

Good things come to those who wait. Tata of course really tests that adage to the last drop of our patience and resolve .....
I know you are being sarcastic here, but this waiting for two years makes sense if I am buying a Lamborghini or a Rolls Royce. Or may be if I lived in 1970-80 and waited with bated breath for that black telephone I had booked 500 years back or that puke green fiat or Ambassador which fell into my lap after some 20 years
Old 3rd June 2015, 13:26   #835
BHPian

Quote:

Thanks doc! Yeah the "testing the patience" characteristic has also cascaded down to their dealers now!!

Quote:
I know you are being sarcastic here, but this waiting for two years makes sense if I am buying a Lamborghini or a Rolls Royce. Or may be if I lived in 1970-80 and waited with bated breath for that black telephone I had booked 500 years back or that puke green fiat or Ambassador which fell into my lap after some 20 years
Waiting for several years to buy your favorite car is normal IMO. In fact if I think about it, I have owned two cars ever since I started working about 8 years back, and on both the occasions when I bought them, my first choice was Safari! So actually it's an 8 year long wait.
Familyguy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd June 2015, 13:44   #836
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I actually did wait for close to two years. Do you know how long the Storme (Merlin) thread went on for on Team BHP? In that time, I read almost every Safari ownership thread as well. LOL

It wasn't easy. But I'm glad I did. When you want a Safari you will wait. Just as guys who want a Bullet are willing to be transported back in time to the Bajaj Chetak era in terms of waiting patiently for their number to come.

Last edited by ebonho : 3rd June 2015 at 13:49.
Old 3rd June 2015, 13:49   #837
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks doc! Yeah the "testing the patience" characteristic has also cascaded down to their dealers now!!

Waiting for several years to buy your favorite car is normal IMO. In fact if I think about it, I have owned two cars ever since I started working about 8 years back, and on both the occasions when I bought them, my first choice was Safari! So actually it's an 8 year long wait.
Congrats!! I believe you chose a lovely car, and it definitely is worth the wait. I hope you have many great rides ahead...
Old 3rd June 2015, 16:02   #838
BHPian

My friend's co-brother, who works with some auto magazine, told him about a new Storme launch this month end. He is going for test drive of this model this weekend. He mentioned about 3rd row front facing seat.
Not sure whether it is the launch of a new variant or a media drive for the already launched Storme face lift. But the new Storme doesn't have 3rd row front facing seats. I remember seeing some discussion about a new variant in this thread. Hence sharing this information here. Not sure how far it is true
Old 3rd June 2015, 16:41   #839
BHPian

Quote:
So I have booked the 2015 Storme VX and waiting for delivery for the last two weeks.
The VX you say? Please post a pic of the fancy Music System LCD screen they are claiming to have in this version when you have the vehicle delivered.

And Congrats on the purchase, I will be in your shoes in the coming months!

Quote:
Congratulations on your Storme. Welcome to the family!
Agree ebonho! I test rode the cherry red safari long long back and have been wanting one ever since. Now is the time, looks like.

Last edited by ampere : 3rd June 2015 at 16:54. Reason: Back to back posts
xistinchaos is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd June 2015, 17:11   #840
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by xistinchaos View Post
The VX you say? Please post a pic of the fancy Music System LCD screen they are claiming to have in this version when you have the vehicle delivered.
Did you mean this?

PS: Also attaching a picture from our mild-offroad session
Attached Thumbnails
Scoop: Updated Tata Safari Storme in the offing? EDIT: Now launched-img_9803.jpg  

Scoop: Updated Tata Safari Storme in the offing? EDIT: Now launched-img_0556-copy.jpg  

BunnyPunia is offline   (6) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks