Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 13th May 2015, 23:49   #706
BHPian

re: Scoop: Updated Tata Safari Storme in the offing? EDIT: Now launched

Quote:
Originally Posted by safari_lover View Post
Autocar India have published their first drive report and it echoes the sentiments expressed in this thread - too little too late.

http://www.autocarindia.com/auto-rev...-394904,0.aspx
Why can't Autocar India get a 2wd storme to test or is TATA motors unwilling to provide one. A 4wd will be slower by at least a second compared to a 2 wd varient with poorer braking as well as give less mileage. Earlier too when the new Scorpio was launched they pitched a 2wd Scorpio with a 4wd storme and concluded the test based on the numbers. http://www.autocarindia.com/auto-new...-391590.aspx/0

Last edited by damodar : 14th May 2015 at 00:04.
Old 14th May 2015, 22:04   #707
Distinguished - BHPian

The Tata Safari Storme facelift is scheduled to be launched on May 20th, reveals Oncars.in in an exclusive scoop.

The cars have reached the dealerships, and bookings are open at Rs. 10,000/-.

Scoop: Updated Tata Safari Storme in the offing? EDIT: Now launched-1d19b65ef3e8d2d769d2c257b9121c26_555x416_1.jpg

Quote:
We get our hands on the exclusive pictures of yet to launch 2015 Safari Storme facelift. The vehicle is already in dealerships for customer preview, and the bookings for the same have been commenced at a token amount of Rs. 10,000 (refundable).
The big news is that the Safari Storme facelift will go on sale in the Indian car market on May 20th, 2015.
The vehicle will be made available in three variants- LX, EX and VX out of which, the base variant is a five-seater car while the other two offers a seat for 7 adults in 2+3+2 layout.
SOURCE
RavenAvi is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 14th May 2015, 22:26   #708
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by damodar View Post
. A 4wd will be slower by at least a second compared to a 2 wd varient with poorer braking as well as give less mileage.
Any tests which gives rankings to SUVs based on 1 second here and there is not telling you anything about the competence of the vehicles, but about the incompetence of the reviewer.
tsk1979 is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 15th May 2015, 12:48   #709
BHPian

Hi,

got a chance to drive the new storme and i went there with a critical eye, considering I am a storme owner and bought my beast in Dec 2014

1.) Steering: Smaller, Thicker, rotates much more - almost 2-3 full circles, 10% harder than my storme
2.) Clutch: Definitely lighter but you wont realise it while driving, depresses softly but comes back slow and not immediately. Does make a clank sound at times on release
3.) Overall built quality - exactly the same as earlier storme
4.) Glove Box: does not have the felt cloth anymore and is straight plastic
5.) Roof Rails: not painted anymore
6.) Last row seats - no change on the VX at least
7.) Ambient Temperature - tata heard us :-). They removed it in Aug 2014 but left the blinking 0 C as it is and many criticised that its a software thing and tata could have removed it. Well, tata did not add the sensor back and removed this 0C completely :-) even on the VX trim
8.) No more center watch
9.) Interior - its not black. Earlier VX was all one shade i.e Cream. Tata did a smart thing. Took the earlier EX trim which was beige and dark chocolate brown, removed the beige and fix black there instead. So now u have Black and almost black (Chocolate brown)
10.) All 4 discs on VX
11.) Performance: The tuning is much more flat now i felt. In my storme the 3rd gear is almost endless but not so in new one. The flat spots remain in 3rd gear and worse, they are there even in 2nd gear. I must say its a little better but not a major improvement. Turbo lag remains too

I will let pics do the talking:

Scoop: Updated Tata Safari Storme in the offing? EDIT: Now launched-img_5739.jpg

Scoop: Updated Tata Safari Storme in the offing? EDIT: Now launched-img_5744.jpg

Scoop: Updated Tata Safari Storme in the offing? EDIT: Now launched-img_5742.jpg

Scoop: Updated Tata Safari Storme in the offing? EDIT: Now launched-img_5741.jpg

Scoop: Updated Tata Safari Storme in the offing? EDIT: Now launched-img_5749.jpg

Scoop: Updated Tata Safari Storme in the offing? EDIT: Now launched-img_5751.jpg

Scoop: Updated Tata Safari Storme in the offing? EDIT: Now launched-img_5752.jpg

Scoop: Updated Tata Safari Storme in the offing? EDIT: Now launched-img_5748.jpg

Scoop: Updated Tata Safari Storme in the offing? EDIT: Now launched-img_5754.jpg

Scoop: Updated Tata Safari Storme in the offing? EDIT: Now launched-img_5755.jpg

Scoop: Updated Tata Safari Storme in the offing? EDIT: Now launched-img_5756.jpg

Scoop: Updated Tata Safari Storme in the offing? EDIT: Now launched-img_5757.jpg

Scoop: Updated Tata Safari Storme in the offing? EDIT: Now launched-img_5758.jpg

Scoop: Updated Tata Safari Storme in the offing? EDIT: Now launched-img_5759.jpg

Scoop: Updated Tata Safari Storme in the offing? EDIT: Now launched-img_5760.jpg

Scoop: Updated Tata Safari Storme in the offing? EDIT: Now launched-img_5761.jpg

Scoop: Updated Tata Safari Storme in the offing? EDIT: Now launched-img_5765.jpg

Scoop: Updated Tata Safari Storme in the offing? EDIT: Now launched-img_5766.jpg

Scoop: Updated Tata Safari Storme in the offing? EDIT: Now launched-img_5768.jpg

Scoop: Updated Tata Safari Storme in the offing? EDIT: Now launched-img_5774.jpg

Scoop: Updated Tata Safari Storme in the offing? EDIT: Now launched-img_5775.jpg

Scoop: Updated Tata Safari Storme in the offing? EDIT: Now launched-img_5787.jpg

Scoop: Updated Tata Safari Storme in the offing? EDIT: Now launched-img_5779.jpg

Scoop: Updated Tata Safari Storme in the offing? EDIT: Now launched-img_5776.jpg

Scoop: Updated Tata Safari Storme in the offing? EDIT: Now launched-img_5777.jpg

Scoop: Updated Tata Safari Storme in the offing? EDIT: Now launched-img_5778.jpg

Scoop: Updated Tata Safari Storme in the offing? EDIT: Now launched-img_5800.jpg

Scoop: Updated Tata Safari Storme in the offing? EDIT: Now launched-img_5787.jpg

Scoop: Updated Tata Safari Storme in the offing? EDIT: Now launched-img_5789.jpg

Scoop: Updated Tata Safari Storme in the offing? EDIT: Now launched-img_5790.jpg

Scoop: Updated Tata Safari Storme in the offing? EDIT: Now launched-img_5791.jpg

Scoop: Updated Tata Safari Storme in the offing? EDIT: Now launched-img_5792.jpg

Scoop: Updated Tata Safari Storme in the offing? EDIT: Now launched-img_5808.jpg

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 15th May 2015 at 14:09. Reason: Consecutive posts merged, thanks.
rajismine is offline   (21) Thanks
Old 15th May 2015, 13:24   #710
BHPian

Rajismine, can the second row be reclined now or still the same? Also did you feel improved cushioning?
Old 15th May 2015, 13:27   #711
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Storme_on_d_way View Post
Rajismine, can the second row be reclined now or still the same? Also did you feel improved cushioning?
All rows remain same. No Recline. Cushioning remains same too. BTW i found the cushioning was already apt anyways. Dicor was better indeed for driver thigh support but for now, no change
Old 15th May 2015, 13:45   #712
Distinguished - BHPian

Thanks, Raj

One thing that I would like to get right away is the flippy key. The current key is open & too long.
Old 15th May 2015, 13:55   #713
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
Thanks, Raj

One thing that I would like to get right away is the flippy key. The current key is open & too long.
I had an intention behind taking such clear pic of the flippy key you see . I know many more will be interested like me
But let me tell you that while the current one is long, this one is bulky . The flip makes it nicer, but may look little odd when in the pocket. I don't see the model on Minda yet but guess should be available pretty soon - may be Rs 2000 odd

Here is where you can see the current key on minda (third one in top row) : http://www.minda.co.in/mvsspl/products.aspx

Last edited by rajismine : 15th May 2015 at 13:57.
Old 15th May 2015, 14:11   #714
Team-BHP Support

/OT

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
Thanks, Raj

Why don't you consider changing it to an aftermarket flippy key? You can move the chip/transponder/circuitry to the new key and have the blank key cut according to the stock one.