Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 2nd May 2015, 01:53   #661
BHPian

re: Scoop: Updated Tata Safari Storme in the offing? EDIT: Now launched

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajismine View Post
The Headl[/b]amps are now Projector with PES Ring. Any clue what this ring is? is it Angel eye like BMW? I doubt though
PES - Poly ellipsoidal system. May seem a mouthful, but essentially is Projectors for low beams. No BMW Corona rings, for sure..
Attached Thumbnails
Scoop: Updated Tata Safari Storme in the offing? EDIT: Now launched-pes.jpg  

nerd1200 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd May 2015, 12:12   #662
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
My storme also came with white LED cabin lights unlike the older storme :-)
Could you pls post some pics of the LED light
Old 3rd May 2015, 12:24   #663
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by LionX View Post
Steering looks same as in GenX Nano. Of course with steering controls.
You nailed it. Infact, it looks like that of most other cars of the world, it is round/circular in shape. So cheap!

I simply don't get it, what's with some of the members' hatemongering/nitpicking for Tata?!

Last edited by wheeledsoul : 3rd May 2015 at 12:25. Reason: Grammar
wheeledsoul is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 3rd May 2015, 13:19   #664
BHPian

New storme has reached various dealerships. Launch is next week that's what I've heard.
Old 3rd May 2015, 14:46   #665
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheeledsoul View Post
You nailed it. Infact, it looks like that of most other cars of the world, it is round/circular in shape. So cheap!

I simply don't get it, what's with some of the members' hatemongering/nitpicking for Tata?!
Thats the beauty of being on an open platform where users will always agree and disagree over things. Deep down, I'm sure that we all love our indigenous TATAs and Mahindras to the core and secretly want/hoping them to outperform the competitors but we also know what it takes to achieve that feat and invariably get upset/disappointed when even the basic expectations are not met. Its our love which turns into frustration at times .

Last edited by Storme_on_d_way : 3rd May 2015 at 14:49.
Storme_on_d_way is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd May 2015, 17:58   #666
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Storme_on_d_way View Post
Thats the beauty of being on an open platform where users will always agree and disagree over things. Deep down, I'm sure that we all love our indigenous TATAs and Mahindras to the core and secretly want/hoping them to outperform the competitors but we also know what it takes to achieve that feat and invariably get upset/disappointed when even the basic expectations are not met. Its our love which turns into frustration at times .
Agreeing or disagreeing is one thing having a negative mindset is an other thing. Love for indigenous makers is neither voyeur nor being inferior that one needs to do it secretly. With that comment of our fellow bhpian I could only see it as nitpicking. If it were me, I would say Gen x Nano gets the same steering wheel as the Safari (though it isn't the same, on the contrary Zest sports a similar one as Nano). No, I ain't a Tata fan boy, I've never owned a Tata product in my life, but will really cheer them and support them in their efforts. Aria, Storme and Zest are good products, which are only let down by the word of mouth (latter two in particular).
Old 3rd May 2015, 19:51   #667
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheeledsoul View Post
Agreeing or disagreeing is one thing having a negative mindset is an other thing. Love for indigenous makers is neither voyeur nor being inferior that one needs to do it secretly. With that comment of our fellow bhpian I could only see it as nitpicking. If it were me, I would say Gen x Nano gets the same steering wheel as the Safari (though it isn't the same, on the contrary Zest sports a similar one as Nano). No, I ain't a Tata fan boy, I've never owned a Tata product in my life, but will really cheer them and support them in their efforts. Aria, Storme and Zest are good products, which are only let down by the word of mouth (latter two in particular).
Thank you for correcting me. By 'secretly' , I meant people who are not vocal about their love for these companies. I would agree with you partially here as Word of mouth did play an important role in bringing down the sales but the products were ruined by the half hearted strategies they implied. Storme might die a slow death because of the dis- interest shown by TMIL to bring it at par with the competition. A mid variant costing around 13 lacs with no airbags (even in the updated version) is plain stupidity. Also I understand bells and whistles like touchscreens, cruise control etc aren't everything but they do add up to the value as far as VFM factor is concerned and more so because its the demand of the majority now and ours is a consumer driven market. Aria although a brilliant product was a major pricing disaster and the insufficient marketing was the last nail in the coffin. They need to clean up their past and listen to the feedback carefully, if they want their future products like hexa and all to make a mark. And finally zest suffered the brunt of their past mistakes. Just my opinion!!
Old 4th May 2015, 13:51   #668
BHPian

Got a mail from Concorde motors about the arrival of Storme little while ago. The heading was 'Storme is coming' and a picture of tornado with the car in the centre of it. There is no reference to the launch date in that. That would mean the launch is imminent, I suppose.
arulpeem is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th May 2015, 17:10   #669
BHPian

May be I am going a little here,but with so much hype around the Nano with reviews on most websites (I read and saw on carwale.com and zigwheels.com respectively) and just one Storme review on Motoring World , I guess Storme is not coming soon certainly not before Nano.
Old 4th May 2015, 19:32   #670
BHPian

Display cars (new Storme) have started reaching showrooms. So even if the new Nano is officially launched before, the Storme refresh should follow quite soon
Old 5th May 2015, 00:46   #671
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosaf View Post
May be I am going a little here,but with so much hype around the Nano with reviews on most websites (I read and saw on carwale.com and zigwheels.com respectively) and just one Storme review on Motoring World , I guess Storme is not coming soon certainly not before Nano.
1. Nano has substantial changes. So I expect a lot of marketing efforts (if at all) going in favor of the Nano (I do see they have started it already).

2. I expect Storme to have a soft launch - nothing substantial to harp on.
swiftnfurious is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th May 2015, 18:01   #672
BHPian

The Vehicle in Hyderabad is not here (in transit) yet but did get few updates form technical team:
1.) The new clutch cannot be retrofitted to existing Storme, the whole support housing assembly and mounting process is different
2.) With The Self Adjusting Clutch, now goes out the Release bearing which has been deleted hence one mechanical unit in the whole process is eliminated making clutch lighter and smoother
3.) There have been several complaints with TASS that the handbrakes were not effective and the Drum in LX may help with that
4.) LX could try to take a pie from taxi market, though success is doubtful. I am told that in Maharastra, there are already Storme Taxi running with Drum Breaks, No ABS and only AC. They came to Hyderabad for servicing too with 50K on the ODO. May be someone here can confirm that...
rajismine is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th May 2015, 18:08   #673
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The Vehicle in Hyderabad is not here (in transit) yet but did get few updates form technical team:
1.) The new clutch cannot be retrofitted to existing Storme, the whole support housing assembly and mounting process is different
2.) With The Self Adjusting Clutch, now goes out the Release bearing which has been deleted hence one mechanical unit in the whole process is eliminated making clutch lighter and smoother
3.) There have been several complaints with TASS that the handbrakes were not effective and the Drum in LX may help with that
4.) LX could try to take a pie from taxi market, though success is doubtful. I am told that in Maharastra, there are already Storme Taxi running with Drum Breaks, No ABS and only AC. They came to Hyderabad for servicing too with 50K on the ODO. May be someone here can confirm that...
Rajeev is there anything worth retrofitting easily on our old Stormes?

I am mainly interested engine side. Specifically, filter, injectors, remap, that sort of thing.
Old 5th May 2015, 18:10   #674
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebonho View Post
Rajeev is there anything worth retrofitting easily on our old Stormes?

I am mainly interested engine side. Specifically, filter, injectors, remap, that sort of thing.
Like that Humor. Well you may try the Air filter to start with :-)
Old 5th May 2015, 18:14   #675
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Like that Humor. Well you may try the Air filter to start with :-)
Errr .... I was not being funny but asking seriously. You seem to have done your homework and have an old Storme as well, so .....
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks