Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 16th April 2015, 13:28   #511
BHPian

re: Scoop: Updated Tata Safari Storme in the offing? EDIT: Now launched

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosaf View Post
First of all AVIG thanks for sharing these pictures.From the first pic it looks as if its waiting in the yard to be dispatched which means launch seems soon.

IMO it is the top end as per TML history and the three reasons i say so are as follows-
1:Chrome plating on the ORVMs.
2:Chrome lining/bezels on the front Fog lamps.
3:A flat lid which can be opened right above the AC controls on the top of the Dashboard.

Airbags are another indicator of it being a top end but since TML has provided Airbags on the Zest mid variant (XMS) , a possiblity of it being on the Storme mid variant cannot be ruled out.
Spec and functionality wise this version looks very similar to the mid variant Zest (see here -http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offici...al-review.html and here http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/iipcache/153087.jpg). Hopefully these snaps then are not for the top of the line version.
Old 16th April 2015, 13:31   #512
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosaf View Post
IMO it is the top end as per TML history and the three reasons i say so are as follows-
1:Chrome plating on the ORVMs.
2:Chrome lining/bezels on the front Fog lamps.
3:A flat lid which can be opened right above the AC controls on the top of the Dashboard.
The space left unused for the clock in dash indicates it is not a top spec. If it is indeed the top spec, TML designers are giving a tough competition to their Marketing & Sales team for killing a brilliant product by killing it right from design itself
Old 16th April 2015, 14:06   #513
Distinguished - BHPian

Is this really a 2-din system? From the looks of it, doesn't look a whole lot bigger than a 1-din. Only seems better integrated.

I can only wish TML good luck if they want to compete with a 15-lakh bestseller with this.

Different gear lever and dashboard in pics on page-33 than the ones on page-34. Maybe it is another test mule testing something else.
Old 16th April 2015, 14:35   #514
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sreerknair View Post
The space left unused for the clock in dash indicates it is not a top spec. If it is indeed the top spec, TML designers are giving a tough competition to their Marketing & Sales team for killing a brilliant product by killing it right from design itself
Clock in the dash is a simple push fit mechanism and it might get assembled at a dealer level as well,not a big deal.

But for me personally the silver finished inserts are just not going well with the overall theme which if you look closely have been tried to match with the steering wheel's sections, and also you can see its got too much glaze on it and hence the reflection which might be a distraction during an afternoon drive

Last edited by rosaf : 16th April 2015 at 14:39.
Old 16th April 2015, 15:18   #515
BHPian

I am seriously disappointed This is tooooo little toooo late.

Tata would do well to stop making Safaris until they can come up with a completely different/better looking vehicle that can do justice to the SAFARI legacy. They are better off focusing on the upcoming Hexa instead. Hexa has got good looks and nice interiors to back up. They can try and cater to a larger audience by being smart with the variants.

Safari fanboys will be disappointed, but their situation isn't too different even now, is it?

Last edited by octane_100 : 16th April 2015 at 15:19. Reason: Typo
Old 16th April 2015, 15:27   #516
BHPian

Well, there goes my dream of a 6 speed gearbox on the Safari! The picture shows a 5 speed shifter!
Old 16th April 2015, 15:34   #517

I've been trying to be as optimistic as possible since the time I got the images this morning and I'm mighty disappointed that this it the best they could do after SO LONG!

I was hoping a neatly integrated dash and I know looks can be subjective but this silver thing in the middle is just an eyesore!

The instrument cluster also looks same with no MID and what's more disappointing is the amount of time its taken until now!
Old 16th April 2015, 15:52   #518
Senior - BHPian

Good news guys!! the pics on page 34 say the version looks like a mid level EX, without the clock, but with Airbags and manual AC with a 5 speed gear box. Looks like the VX version will have a automatic climate control with may be a 6 speed gearbox.
Old 16th April 2015, 16:53   #519
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by apachelongbow View Post
Good news guys!! the pics on page 34 say the version looks like a mid level EX, without the clock, but with Airbags and manual AC with a 5 speed gear box. Looks like the VX version will have a automatic climate control with may be a 6 speed gearbox.
Yes looks like mid level Ex or may be Ex+(safety pack) hence all the chrome. The VX should have ACC, Alloys, Rear wiper, auto folding mirrors, Auto lights/wipers, leather seats and may be a 6 speed over the Ex in order to justify the premium.
Old 16th April 2015, 16:53   #520
BHPian

feels like EX since it has rear AC, fog lamps, Missile launch centre above the hand break. Looks like Electronic ORVM and Front Airbag is an addition. BTW, according to the dealer here, the demo vehicle in Hyderabad will arrive in 7-8 days. It has 5 speed 150 bhp
Old 16th April 2015, 17:12   #521
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tazmaan View Post
Yes looks like mid level Ex or may be Ex+(safety pack) hence all the chrome. The VX should have ACC, Alloys, Rear wiper, auto folding mirrors, Auto lights/wipers, leather seats and may be a 6 speed over the Ex in order to justify the premium.
I am merely speculating here, but it could also be a cut price VX edition. It may be possible that Tata is finally moving the Storme to the lower end, even reducing prices to make it more competitive and also eliminating features, in the anticipation of the new Hexa and the two new Landrover joint venture SUV. If that is true, then Tata is slowly giving up on the Safari platform, and it is Hexa which will be the future flagship (around the current Storme VX price) until it is replaced by future JV SUVs.
apachelongbow is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th April 2015, 17:40   #522
BHPian

If you are a Storme fan, or were waiting for this update, you might be disappointed.

The new version DOES NOT have a 160PS / 400Nm set-up. Or leather option (Yes, not even as an option).

Last edited by GTO : 17th April 2015 at 15:10. Reason: Again, please do NOT link to your website...directly or indirectly.
BunnyPunia is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 16th April 2015, 17:51   #523
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by apachelongbow View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by tazmaan View Post
I had seen a VX version of the refreshed Storme last week and the test engineer/driver let me have a look inside for a couple of minutes. It had no leather seats, no clock, no ACC and no beige interiors. He also confirmed that there is no 6-speed gearbox. What you see in these pictures are what I saw in that version that was badged as VX.
Old 16th April 2015, 18:20   #524
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjbiju View Post
I had seen a VX version of the refreshed Storme last week and the test engineer/driver let me have a look inside for a couple of minutes. It had no leather seats, no clock, no ACC and no beige interiors. He also confirmed that there is no 6-speed gearbox. What you see in these pictures are what I saw in that version that was badged as VX.
Let me bid goodbye to my dreams of finally owning a safari. I mean one year of wait for this facelift and this is what they come up with?? All that BS about 160/400 nm was just to stir the market and keep the prospective buyers hopeful. If they don't care about what the customers want and are trying every trick in the book to make a fool out of us, I am sure one less buyer wont make much of a difference to a monthly sales figure of 300-400 vehicles. Should change my login id to something like 'storme_No_way'.

Last edited by Storme_on_d_way : 16th April 2015 at 18:27.
Storme_on_d_way is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th April 2015, 18:24   #525
BHPian

Just noticed that the "revised" (was that meant to be "improved"?) centre console has gobbled up the cup holders in front of the gear shifter!

Last edited by Strangerintown : 16th April 2015 at 18:25.
Strangerintown is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks