Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 8th January 2019, 14:12   #301
Team-BHP Support

re: The Nissan Kicks Crossover. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 9.55 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Behemoth View Post
Hi Ajmat, any update on by when we can get your Driving experience for the Kicks - really looking forward to your views on the Kicks.
Actually Chirag will be writing the review. Our drive was a bit brief so we await the car to TeamBHP towers in order to give it the full monty. I would imagine it will be out end Jan but depends on what it in the pipeline
ajmat is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 8th January 2019, 22:54   #302
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pseudo_coder View Post
Why do you wish AMT in a vehicle costing over 10 Lakh?
AMT is a better solution for a price conscious consumer than a AT or CVT on a diesel engine. I would prefer AMT as normally no manufacturer puts a CVT or AT on lower B and C SUV segment Diesel vehicles. They may normally offer it on Petrol only.
anu21v is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th January 2019, 11:22   #303
Distinguished - BHPian

Nissan Kicks reaches dealerships:
The Nissan Kicks Crossover. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 9.55 lakhs-1.jpg

Link
volkman10 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 11th January 2019, 15:05   #304
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
Nissan Kicks reaches dealerships:
I was told by one of the dealers that the incoming cars are only for display. Test drive cars will arrive only after launch.

Last edited by sdaityari : 11th January 2019 at 15:07. Reason: Fixed typo
Old 11th January 2019, 15:57   #305
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdaityari View Post
I was told by one of the dealers that the incoming cars are only for display. Test drive cars will arrive only after launch.
I hope they don't do this. TD cars should be available at launch and not after launch. Nissan is anyways finding it difficult to bring people to their showrooms and when people come, they just cannot afford to 'not' have the car.

What on Earth stops them from providing TD cars. Its not that they are busy selling a lot of cars and finding it difficult to manage logistics. God save Nissan in India.
tarik.arora is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 11th January 2019, 18:40   #306
Distinguished - BHPian

Nissan Kicks dispatches to dealers gains momentum, deliveries to start from end Jan.

The Nissan Kicks Crossover. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 9.55 lakhs-1.jpg

The Nissan Kicks Crossover. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 9.55 lakhs-2.jpg

Link

Last edited by volkman10 : 11th January 2019 at 18:47.
volkman10 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 11th January 2019, 23:03   #307
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarik.arora View Post
What on Earth stops them from providing TD cars. Its not that they are busy selling a lot of cars and finding it difficult to manage logistics. God save Nissan in India.

I wonder if it's the arrogance in general of the car showrooms in the Safdarjung area. Had bad experiences in both Renault and Nissan there.

I will make some inquiries about the availability of the Kicks in Gurgaon next week. Let's see if one of them can provide a vehicle for a test drive!
Old 11th January 2019, 23:16   #308
BHPian

Quote:
Dumb move by Nissan. The thing is that you can partly use the TD vehicles as display vehicles too(I mean to show the car to customers) but not vice-versa!

Another challenge I think that Nissan faces is that due to start of production in the last few weeks of the year, they would have quite a lot of 2018 stock left and would have to heavily discount a new launch considering the typical indian customer's preference to get a 2019 car.
porsche_guy is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 11th January 2019, 23:26   #309
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by porsche_guy View Post
Another challenge I think that Nissan faces is that due to start of production in the last few weeks of the year, they would have quite a lot of 2018 stock left and would have to heavily discount a new launch considering the typical indian customer's preference to get a 2019 car.
I did not think much about this, but when I was discussing the cancellation of my Captur booking with the Nissan salesperson, he mentioned (on his own) that they would provide me a 2019 car.

Add to it another interesting piece of information according to the same dealer - the first wave of deliveries is expected only in the first week of February.

I am unaware of production times and capacities of Nissan, but I wonder if they have kept the December 2018 cars specifically for display and TDs.
sdaityari is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th January 2019, 07:28   #310
Senior - BHPian

This is how I analysed the situation as well. And makes for good strategy, in my opinion. Release brand new 2019 model in the market, and keep the 2018 models for test drives and display. But they should have finished with the launch in December, and got the cars 'on road' by Jan. Feb will spill over to March, I think!

Quote:
I am unaware of production times and capacities of Nissan, but I wonder if they have kept the December 2018 cars specifically for display and TDs.
Sebring is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th January 2019, 10:20   #311
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebring View Post
Feb will spill over to March, I think!
I've a feeling about this too. Currently, dealers emphasize on quick deliveries to get the booking. But they can always crib about unavailability of a model - color combo to push whatever they have in stock.
sdaityari is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th January 2019, 12:09   #312
BHPian

Got a call from Nissan dealer (Neo Nissan) in Noida. I had shown interest in this car so they have been following up with me for a couple of weeks. I was told car is available in display now and if required they can arrange a test drive as well. Planning to go today or tomorrow to check this out.

I have a need to get new vehicle. Almost decided on Creta but looking at kicks as well as waiting for XUV300 to make a final call. Does XUV make more sense over Kicks if after sales service is to be considered.

Last edited by Lakwontsing : 12th January 2019 at 12:13. Reason: More content
Lakwontsing is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th January 2019, 15:59   #313
BHPian

Just got an sms contrary to the earlier statements. I don't know who to believe.

Test Drive
Nissan KICKS The Intelligent SUV
Date: 12 & 13 Jan
https://bit.ly/2Aeh5iR
Call for Appointment.
YouWe Nissan- Okhla
M- 9023619405
sdaityari is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th January 2019, 16:31   #314
BHPian

I have a good overall feeling towards this car. The Kicks gets the ride and handling of the Duster. That's more than enough in its own. On top of that not only that diesel engine is one of the best but the 1.5L NA petrol engine from the Captur/Duster is the one to go for IMHO. watch this to know how good this petrol engine is.
Tge gearbox is smooth shifting with short throws and the clutch is light.
My only issues are, the electronically assisted steering from Captur and not the hydraulic unit from Fuster and almost no headroom for tall drivers.
Old 12th January 2019, 19:48   #315
BHPian

Quote:
I did not think much about this, but when I was discussing the cancellation of my Captur booking with the Nissan salesperson, he mentioned (on his own) that they would provide me a 2019 car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebring View Post
This is how I analysed the situation as well. And makes for good strategy, in my opinion. Release brand new 2019 model in the market, and keep the 2018 models for test drives and display.
I did not think about it this way! Thanks for providing another perspective! I still wonder though if Nissan would make it only in limited numbers. Also production must have started a little time before launch so I am doubtful that only some units would have been manufactured.

Also as far as I know, the dealers themselves have to buy the display and demo vehicles so there's no chance of Nissan only assigning particular cars for displays. Experts, Please shed a little light on this.

Cheers!
Closed Thread

Most Viewed