Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 18th February 2019, 13:18   #451
BHPian

Re: The Nissan Kicks Crossover. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 9.55 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeganatu View Post
Got my Nissan Kicks diesel XV Orange color.
Congratulations on your new ride! Wish you many happy and safe miles with it

Saw a white colored Kicks on road, it's a looker, really liked the proportions.

P.S. Have you changed the seat covers? Black seats gel well with the interiors !
daf23 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th February 2019, 13:38   #452
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by daf23 View Post
Congratulations on your new ride! Wish you many happy and safe miles with it
Thanks!

P.S. Have you changed the seat covers? Black seats gel well with the interiors !
Yes, opted for Black, Silver & Carbon Finish OE seat cover to match the satin finish consoles of the dash.

Left one

The Nissan Kicks Crossover. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 9.55 lakhs-3000x1328a12.jpg.ximg.l_12_m.smart.jpg
jeganatu is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 18th February 2019, 15:10   #453
BHPian

Quote:
Got my Nissan Kicks diesel XV Orange color. Complelety satisfied with the overall product.

Some pictures to rejoice.
Many congratulations! Looks smashing in orange. Munch miles and share stories with us.

On your observation that the steering is not silky like Creta. It never will be. The Creta is an urban car that is SUV shaped to satisfy most and is a soft roader at best. The Kicks on the other hand is a proper crossover with plenty of SUV characteristics that will run and handle like an SUV. Will be rock solid and planted. But you can drive it like a sedan .
Nalin1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th February 2019, 16:38   #454
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Got my Nissan Kicks diesel XV Orange color. Complelety satisfied with the overall product..
Lovely car, well equipped and arguably best-in-class ride & handling (if the Terrano is used as a benchmark for the platform)! Shades of orange seem to be a popular choice across brands these days.

Yours is possibly the first confirmed purchase on the forum, do consider posting a detailed ownership review and driving impressions once you've driven it a few thousand kms.

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 18th February 2019 at 16:41.
Chetan_Rao is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 18th February 2019, 16:55   #455
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarik.arora View Post
Too early but worth mentioning. Especially considering the fact that Nissan has a very thin dealer network so TD and display cars amongst these 1380 will be pretty less. That means, rest all are stock or customer vehicles.

If Nissan is able to do 1500-2000 units a month, it will be a reasonable sucess IMO.
Got insider information that Nissan has ordered their airbag supplier to supply them 4000 units per month for the Kicks. This should be a good number for nissan if the forecast is fulfilled.

Last edited by ajmat : 18th February 2019 at 20:50. Reason: capitalising Kicks
jeganatu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th February 2019, 23:30   #456
BHPian

More pictures

The Nissan Kicks Crossover. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 9.55 lakhs-img20190219wa0076.jpg

The Nissan Kicks Crossover. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 9.55 lakhs-img20190219wa0079.jpg

The Nissan Kicks Crossover. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 9.55 lakhs-img20190219wa0080.jpg

The Nissan Kicks Crossover. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 9.55 lakhs-img20190219wa0077.jpg
jeganatu is offline   (26) Thanks
Old 19th February 2019, 23:59   #457
BHPian

Congratulations on your new purchase brother. Happy Mile munching.

Kicks seems to be an oxygen cylinder to Nissan India and its dealers and I believe that, if Nissan keeps this attitude in their future products they have a fair chance to rise up from current situation.

Did you exchange the Beat in your avatar with the kicks? Just wanted to know whether Nissan quoted a decent price for your car.
Old 20th February 2019, 04:15   #458
BANNED

Quote:
More pictures
Congratulations on your purchase. Wishing you a lot of happy miles. I think this is the first Kicks in team-bhp.

Hope you have removed the ribbons on the bonnet already. To be honest, I don’t like the chrome bits on the taillights (I am a chrome accessory hater).
Old 20th February 2019, 06:36   #459
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by albertprince View Post

Did you exchange the Beat in your avatar with the kicks? Just wanted to know whether Nissan quoted a decent price for your car.
Thanks. I am retaining my 2011 petrol beat. It has done 140k on odo and still feels fresh. It has so much of punch and can easily cruise at 120-130km. Have given here k & n and large exhaust which is helping her breathe better. Even the gear shift is still silky smooth to operate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pavi View Post
Congratulations on your purchase. Wishing you a lot of happy miles. I think this is the first Kicks in team-bhp.

Hope you have removed the ribbons on the bonnet already. To be honest, I don’t like the chrome bits on the taillights (I am a chrome accessory hater).
Thanks. Yes, I have removed the ribbons, I never like that. And regarding chrome, I am too a hater, but it's my wife's wish. Now tell me am I wrong? who on the world will say no to wifeys decision
jeganatu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th February 2019, 08:20   #460
BANNED

Quote:
And regarding chrome, I am too a hater, but it's my wife's wish. Now tell me am I wrong? who on the world will say no to wifeys decision
I got an idea for you. When you go out in your car with out your wife, remove the chrome on one side, you know what to tell her .

Note: I hope your wife is not reading through this thread. If yes, then even if that chrome falls off ‘naturally’, you are doomed.
pavi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th February 2019, 14:34   #461
BHPian

Quote:
Got insider information that Nissan has ordered their airbag supplier to supply them 4000 units per month for the Kicks. This should be a good number for nissan if the forecast is fulfilled.
4,000 units is too optimistic IMO considering the fact that it will not be exported from India. But anyways, a good insight on what the company feels for its product. My guess still hovers around 1,500 units a month in the short to medium term (3-6 months).

Quote:
Got my Nissan Kicks diesel XV Orange color. Complelety satisfied with the overall product.
Many congratulations on the new purchase. The car looks very smart. I happened to see one in Delhi with the DRLs on and it looked beautiful. Nissan has done a good job by offering 17" alloys in the XV variant as well.

The car shares a lot of mechanicals with the Duster, which is a good thing in my books. The ride and handling is very sorted and should keep you happy for long.

Last edited by navin : 20th February 2019 at 17:19.
tarik.arora is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th February 2019, 15:49   #462
BHPian

Quote:
Will it be wrong to assume that every airbag is a distinct unit. So 4K units of airbag per month will translate to 2K units of cars, this assuming that all the versions of Kicks have dual airbags as standard. If this calculation is correct, then 2K is a number worth being optimistic about and I feel Nissan would be quite happy at least in the initial few months.
RaghuVis is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 20th February 2019, 16:01   #463
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaghuVis View Post
Will it be wrong to assume that every airbag is a distinct unit. So 4K units of airbag per month will translate to 2K units of cars, this assuming that all the versions of Kicks have dual airbags as standard. If this calculation is correct, then 2K is a number worth being optimistic about and I feel Nissan would be quite happy at least in the initial few months.
The top variant has 4 airbags

Anyways, when someone said 4k units, i am assuming 4k vehicles and not individual airbags/distinct units.
tarik.arora is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th February 2019, 11:11   #464
Senior - BHPian

2019 Nissan Kicks petrol review, test drive - ACI

https://www.autocarindia.com/car-rev...t-drive-411655
RM Motorsports is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 1st March 2019, 16:59   #465
BHPian

I absolutely loved the new Kicks. My brother took a test drive and the ride was rock solid. It was gobbling up craters on the road like it was the most easiest thing for it.

I wish for an automatic version though :-(
landmaster18 is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks