Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 26th June 2019, 18:31   #511
BHPian

Re: The Nissan Kicks Crossover. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 9.55 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebring View Post
In a massive city like Bangalore, they have just one showroom.
Being Ex-Nissan, I am aware that Nissan has 2 dealers in Bangalore on the name of Apple and Surya Nissan.
Old 26th June 2019, 18:50   #512
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NAVREVV View Post
Being Ex-Nissan, I am aware that Nissan has 2 dealers in Bangalore on the name of Apple and Surya Nissan.
I am aware of Shahwar nissan, seems to be the better rated of dealers.

: Looking at the nissan website the older terrano starts at 9.99L wherease the newer kicks starts at 9.55L. What is going on?
Old 7th July 2019, 17:07   #513
BHPian

Sharing with you all picture of my kicks.
Attached Thumbnails
The Nissan Kicks Crossover. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 9.55 lakhs-112aefea7b034314a72356411a4f09ef.jpeg  

its.me.ankur is offline   (14) Thanks
Old 7th July 2019, 17:19   #514
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by its.me.ankur View Post
Sharing with you all picture of my kicks
One question for you? Do you regret buying Kicks now seeing what’s on offer with Kia Seltos? Not trying to question your purchase but just curious to know your opinion.

Last edited by Vid6639 : 8th July 2019 at 09:13. Reason: Fixing broken quote tags.
Old 7th July 2019, 17:59   #515
BHPian

Quote:
One question for you? Do you regret buying Kicks now seeing what’s on offer with Kia Seltos? Not trying to question your purchase but just curious to know your opinion.
No i don’t regret the purchase of kicks(petrol) till now. I like it’s comfortable ride and how it rides the uneven roads. It is good in city as well with not many gear shifts for example in Gurgaon traffic. Still need to see nissan service quality. I think Seltos would have been out of my budget if launched when I purchased. Also i needed the car early in April time frame.

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 8th July 2019 at 08:11. Reason: Fixing broken quote tags.
its.me.ankur is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 7th July 2019, 18:01   #516
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by its.me.ankur View Post
Sharing with you all picture of my kicks.
Seems you have base xl model.
Have you upgraded your ICE system ?
What other mods or upgrades have you done.?
Old 7th July 2019, 19:51   #517
Distinguished - BHPian

The family of 'FLOPS' - Kicks again beaten by Terrano in June sales numbers. Captur continues its dismal run, the ageing Duster still is the leader of the pack in June sales.

Kicks - 128
Captur - 103

Terrano - 132
Duster - 882

Source:Auto Punditz
volkman10 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 7th July 2019, 22:42   #518
BHPian

Kicks for me was a decent product if not great but Nissan’s lacklustre performance in India made sure that Kicks is dead even before people took notice of it.

Nissan Dealers at the moment are not confident investing in kicks hence its evident from June numbers that Nissan is going down hill with numbers getting shrunk under 2k. Hope it’s not going to be another General Motors for our country.

With Seltos knocking on our doors with some exciting features it’s surely going to make Kicks a dull product no matter how much they highlight that it’s an official product for ICC Cricket World Cup.

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
Kicks - 128
Captur - 103

Terrano - 132
Duster - 882
Curtains for Nissan if Terrano is doing more numbers than Kicks and Captur.

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 8th July 2019 at 08:09. Reason: Back to back posts merged. Please edit your previous post if re-posting within 30 minutes. Thanks.
NAVREVV is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th July 2019, 23:03   #519
BHPian

Renault - Nissan better consolidate their dealerships and service centers in India. That way, the dealerships can look for some volumes at least. They have Mitsubishi under their belt which has a good brand equity and that should be leveraged.
octane_100 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th July 2019, 07:50   #520
KMT
BHPian

Given what is happening between Renault and Nissan at HQ level, I reckon they wont consolidate.

India must be different from other Asian markets for these Japanese companies to perform so poorly.

Mitsubishi, Nissan, Isuzu (even Toyota and Honda) have a much bigger presence in East Asia.

I wonder why!

Last edited by manson : 28th August 2019 at 01:16. Reason: Typo.
Old 8th July 2019, 09:17   #521
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by KMT View Post

I wonder why!
Because India ke pass ‘Ma’ hein, I mean Maruti. Only Hyundai has made a significant impact on Maruti in India. I think it all lies in their starting. Most other companies had started with premium sedans, which did not give them any connection with the ‘common man’. But Hyundai started with Santro which can be bought by common man due to the price range. Hence more people had first hand ownership experience, hence more visibility and hence more mouth publicity. By the time other companies joined the small/premium hatchback game, they were perceived as cheap and did not click in the market.

Even though the service costs of most companies have come down due to increased localisation, people still believe in the cheapest service costs of Maruti. I was pleasantly surprised when the service costs for my Honda City was less than what we paid for our WagonR to get serviced.
pavi is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 8th July 2019, 09:35   #522
BHPian

Quote:

Curtains for Nissan if Terrano is doing more numbers than Kicks and Captur.
I am not very surprised. The Terrano when placed next to the Kicks looks bigger, better and more butch IMO. So when someone zeroes in on either one of them and walks into a showroom, there is every chance of being more impressed with the Terrano when compared with the Kicks.

The Terrano just feels like a huge SUV from the driver's seat!. The Kicks has a few more gizmos, but costs more! As it is both are overpriced!
Old 8th July 2019, 10:21   #523
Distinguished - BHPian

What the kicks needs is a kick downwards in pricing. Bring it under 10 Lakhs for a decently equipped mid variant diesel and it will start to get some life in sales numbers. I checked one out parked in our street yesterday cursorily, the fit and finish and paint quality is actually looks quite good and one would be hard pressed to guess that it is a actually a Duster in a new suit. Give it the AWD asw ell and it would actually be quite a good proposition.
84.monsoon is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 18th July 2019, 15:26   #524
BHPian

@Mods, do we have an official review coming up of the Kicks by any chance?
Old 19th July 2019, 12:50   #525
BHPian

I spent some time with the Kicks (a few days) and I struggle to see why this car does not sell. It has looks, features, ride, space sorted. It even gives good fuel economy. Yet it is not selling.

This is really unfortunate for Nissan that even their latest attempts are going in vain.
RoadGlide is offline   (3) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks