Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th August 2015, 19:32   #256
BHPian

Re: 2015 Volkswagen Vento Facelift : A Close Look

Wouldn't moving to 16 wheels void your warranty? if i am not mistaken you would have to stick to 15 for keeping manufacturer warranty. Also for tires i think the ideal choice would be 205/55 as per the tire upgrade threads here!

BTW please do let me know where are you getting these Momo wheels from in Bangalore?

Quote:
Originally Posted by antardaksh View Post
I would go with Momo revenge matt black 16' but I am worried about choice of tyres in 205/50/R16. I was able to find Yoko S drive in this size but not sure about availability.

Last edited by Bhodrolok : 28th August 2015 at 19:32. Reason: typo
Old 28th August 2015, 21:47   #257
BHPian

Hi,

I believe warranty is limited to 6months/10000kms in case of suspension.

Upsize to 205/50/16 would be 1.x% difference and is less than recommended 2%.

Regards.
Old 28th August 2015, 22:32   #258
BHPian

29k quoted by a dealer in Kochi. Bangalore Sai dealer quoted 30k.

Sorry I couldn't snap the interiors. Meanwhile I got something I found really hot.
Attached Thumbnails
2015 Volkswagen Vento Facelift : A Close Look-img_20150828_201358.jpg  

Raneeth is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th August 2015, 23:51   #259
BHPian

Yes the new faux LED tail lamp is sexy, wish it was actual LED.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raneeth View Post

Meanwhile I got something I found really hot.
Old 29th August 2015, 13:45   #260
BHPian

Attaching a fee pics of the black interiors.
Attached Thumbnails
2015 Volkswagen Vento Facelift : A Close Look-img_20150829_125302.jpg  

2015 Volkswagen Vento Facelift : A Close Look-img_20150829_091540.jpg  

2015 Volkswagen Vento Facelift : A Close Look-img_20150829_091531.jpg  

Raneeth is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 30th August 2015, 10:39   #261
BHPian

I remember someone asking about the Ground Clearance. Didn't seem a problem in Bangalore. However the mudflap has scrapped a couple of times in Kerala. It happens on inclines/declines when you are sometimes forced to take the car off the road.

And yeah, the IRVM is a shame! At no position does it cover the entire rear windshield.
Raneeth is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th August 2015, 12:54   #262
BHPian

Quote:
I remember someone asking about the Ground Clearance. Didn't seem a problem in Bangalore. However the mudflap has scrapped a couple of times in Kerala. It happens on inclines/declines when you are sometimes forced to take the car off the road.

And yeah, the IRVM is a shame! At no position does it cover the entire rear windshield.
Thanks!
I had asked @ GC. Do you mean no issues with GC when you have a fully loaded car (At least 4 people?) I am used to mudflap scrapping as it happens every now and then with my Figo today. The unfortunate part is that thesee mudflaps come in hard material only and has broken down a few times. Had it been a soft material, it wouldn't break at least. I guess this would be same in Vento, no soft mudflaps?
Old 30th August 2015, 15:47   #263
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Figopian View Post
Thanks!
I had asked @ GC. Do you mean no issues with GC when you have a fully loaded car (At least 4 people?) I am used to mudflap scrapping as it happens every now and then with my Figo today. The unfortunate part is that thesee mudflaps come in hard material only and has broken down a few times. Had it been a soft material, it wouldn't break at least. I guess this would be same in Vento, no soft mudflaps?
Not specific to 2015 model. I have a 2013 vento tsi. Even with full load of 5 passengers and a boot full of luggage, as long as you are careful over the monster humps, it does not scrape.

Mud flaps are hard, but although it has scraped many times, has held up pretty well.

On steep inclines ( like basement parking lot exits ) the rear tow hook frequently hits.
Rajeevraj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th August 2015, 16:13   #264
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajeevraj View Post
Not specific to 2015 model. I have a 2013 vento tsi. Even with full load of 5 passengers and a boot full of luggage, as long as you are careful over the monster humps, it does not scrape.

Mud flaps are hard, but although it has scraped many times, has held up pretty well.

On steep inclines ( like basement parking lot exits ) the rear tow hook frequently hits.
Ohh ok. With the 2015 vento, with GC reduced further to 163 - probably minimum in this segment - I wonder if it's scrapes more often. Someone please confirm.
Old 30th August 2015, 18:22   #265
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Wow! Looks lovely. Glad VW is offering this in the Vento now. The Comfort Line looks a very good option now. I would pick it over HL any day. Those interiors are worth it. You'll miss none of the safety features and can pick the alloys of your choice too.

Please share some more pics of the front and rear seats, both door pads etc.

Quote:
Ohh ok. With the 2015 vento, with GC reduced further to 163 - probably minimum in this segment - I wonder if it's scrapes more often. Someone please confirm.
The lowest in the segment is 156 mm of the Fiesta. And no, it doesn't touch ground as the suspension doesn't sag with load. I would guess the same for Vento. Glad to note the GC is reduced. The Vento should look very nice with a better stance and the handling will also benefit.
deetjohn is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th August 2015, 20:43   #266
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deetjohn View Post

The lowest in the segment is 156 mm of the Fiesta. And no, it doesn't touch ground as the suspension doesn't sag with load. I would guess the same for Vento. Glad to note the GC is reduced. The Vento should look very nice with a better stance and the handling will also benefit.
Agree. I have not noticed the car sagging with full load. The behavior over humps seems mostly same irrespective of the load.

Interesting point on the improved handling due to lowering of stance. Could not find info from reviews if it has helped handling. Maybe 2015 owners who have driven the earlier version can comment. Would be a good addition if handling has improved.
Old 30th August 2015, 22:03   #267
BHPian

Quote:
Didn't know that!
Ok. So this takes care of the major concern I had with this car. I was interested in HL DSG. I thought the stock alloys on offer are great! The comfortline black interior look good no doubt, but the overall texture reminds me of my existing Figo's interior. More or less the same.
Old 31st August 2015, 11:24   #268
BHPian

Quote:
Nice, Can you please tell me about the Touchscreen panel you got installed? Which company and what price?
Old 31st August 2015, 11:31   #269
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
A few of my friends own the Vento and they do face the issue of the car scraping speed humps with 4 passengers on board. They have to be more careful and slow over bumps in their Vento when travelling with more than 2 passengers. In comparison, in their Dzire or Laura (I know different segments) they never complained of this issue.

Last edited by S2!!! : 31st August 2015 at 11:32.
S2!!! is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st August 2015, 11:40   #270
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by S2!!! View Post
A few of my friends own the Vento and they do face the issue of the car scraping speed humps with 4 passengers on board. They have to be more careful and slow over bumps in their Vento when travelling with more than 2 passengers. In comparison, in their Dzire or Laura (I know different segments) they never complained of this issue.
Hmmm. I was fearing this. Agree these humps has to be really big, but if the car scrapes, it hurts. Do we have ANY car in this segment that doesnot have this problem? I guess even City faces the same issue. Though someone mentioned Fiesta with 156 mm GC doesnot face this problem!
What about Rapid? I guess it has more stiffer suspension than Vento's?
I don't believe we will have roads with appropriately high humps, so its better to choose the car wisely?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks