Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th August 2015, 17:04   #226
BHPian

Re: 2015 Volkswagen Vento Facelift : A Close Look

Quote:
Originally Posted by antardaksh View Post
Thanks for the confirmation. How much would be approx cost of this? Someone is selling the same for 45k

http://classifieds.team-bhp.com/buy-...ng-Wheel.html/
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gannu_1 View Post
/OT

That's a good deal IMO. Grab it while it lasts. It costs almost the same landed from the EU or Mex. You don't have to worry about the shipment getting delayed or customs duties.
Unfortunately the deal is no longer available , as I bought it last weekend. I'll be getting it fitted on my Vento TSI sometime next week.
Old 12th August 2015, 18:21   #227
BHPian

Has anyone seen the new Vento in white? I have had the chance to see all colors except white. it would be a great help if someone could post a photo of the new Vento in white.

i am struggling to decide between the toffee brown, carbon steel & white!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ventoman View Post
I'll be getting it fitted on my Vento TSI sometime next week.
Old 12th August 2015, 20:17   #228
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhodrolok View Post
Has anyone seen the new Vento in white? I have had the chance to see all colors except white. it would be a great help if someone could post a photo of the new Vento in white.

i am struggling to decide between the toffee brown, carbon steel & white!
Strange though it may sound, VW sales reps are not promoting (read: discouraging) White color on the new model.
Fom the color palette, have you looked at Night Blue? I did a TD recently and this color looked stunning in the late afternoon sun!!
Old 13th August 2015, 00:23   #229
BHPian

Yes I have seen the blue, carbon steel, brown & beige. the only colors i have not seen are white & silver. I am not interested in silver but white is one of options but haven't seen a single new Vento in white including all test drives & delivery cars.

Any reason why they would discourage the white color?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshMachine View Post
Fom the color palette, have you looked at Night Blue? I did a TD recently and this color looked stunning in the late afternoon sun!!
Old 13th August 2015, 13:45   #230
BHPian

Is there any news on complete redesigned Vento for any time in 2016? The current model is around 5 years old and steady upgrades have been done. The DSG + Cruise control is the ultimate upgrade so far. Thinking what other upgrades might come in the near future.

I expect more sophisticated features like projector lamps, DRL, auto lights/wipers, auto dimming mirrors, rear view camera, park assist, android auto/apple car play, more air bags all to come only in a freshly designed Vento may be in another year or two. Can exceed price of 15L for top model.

Beyond these I do not think any more features will be made available in this segment like adaptive cruise control, two zone climate control etc. That too all features once again may not be available in the initial launch of new model.

Any views on this? Before making a buying decision of near 14-15L really want to think hard about choices and upcoming models.
Old 13th August 2015, 14:45   #231
BHPian

Considering the new Polo isnt supposed to come to India before 2017 at the earliest, I don't see the Vento next generation before 2018.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LandCruiser View Post
Is there any news on complete redesigned Vento for any time in 2016? The current model is around 5 years old and steady upgrades have been done. The DSG + Cruise control is the ultimate upgrade so far. Thinking what other upgrades might come in the near future.
Old 16th August 2015, 21:55   #232
BHPian

Mods cross posting here from the Vento review thread, please remove if not appropriate.

A few questions for Vento owners... especially wrt warranty validity.

I am planning to buy a new Vento in 2-3 weeks, want to understand if warranty validity is affected if I do the following changes,

1. Change HU to P835 or CT940. I think it should be fine becasue no wires are spliced but still want to confirm.

2. Change alloys from stock to different but same 15 sized.

3. Upgrade tires to 205 55 R 15 or 195 60 R 15.

Finally with a new car what are the recommended "extras"? Do I need a clear coat & under body coating from 3M?

Any other inputs would also help
Old 17th August 2015, 09:21   #233
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Hey Bhodrolok, I don't own a Vento but as a GT owner, I think I can share my views. Please find the same inline:

1. Change HU to P835 or CT940. I think it should be fine becasue no wires are spliced but still want to confirm.

- From what I understand, as long as no wires are spliced/cut, VW will not go out of their way to void warranty on your car. However, in case this installation leads to any other error/issue, they will quite easily blame you for that and you may have to be ready with an alibi for the same !!

- Ideally, if you are within the OEM perimeter, not even an automotive giant like VW can deem you responsible for issues on the car. So, IMO you must be good to go on that.

- I think the OEM on the Vento is 185/65 R15. Other than a slight drop on the 'Claimed Mileage', you shouldn't really have any issues. I swapped the rubber on my GT the 2nd day to 205/55 R15 and have not had any reason to worry about the warranty yet.

Finally with a new car what are the recommended "extras"? Do I need a clear coat & under body coating from 3M?

- From what I have read/heard the experts speak, clear coating is not a 'Must-Have' add-on during your new car delivery. You can probably just go in for the under-body coating.

Lastly, I am not sure if VW are offering the VCDS tweaks from the factory itself, but in case they are not, you can get these done as a Feel Good Factor !!

P.S -
As long as you have a good rapport with the Service Rep, you don't have to really spoil your sleep over the warranty claims/issues.

Last edited by Vik0728 : 17th August 2015 at 09:24.
Vik0728 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th August 2015, 12:12   #234
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Mods cross posting here from the Vento review thread, please remove if not appropriate.

I am planning to buy a new Vento in 2-3 weeks, want to understand if warranty validity is affected if I do the following changes,

Any other inputs would also help
From what I have read warranty with VW is always an iffy affair and depends a lot on the dealership and the SA. Purely on theoritical terms, none of the items mentioned should impact warranty in any way. But if you are unlucky, the dealer can make a fuss out of it when you put in a warranty claim and you may need to fight through it.

I put in the 835 and reverse cam with this assumption. Now the 835 is a standard accessory, so you should be totally fine on that point.

Unfortunately this is a car with a lot of mod potential (I mean the TSI- Remaps, paddle shifts, cruise control and what not). So difficult to keep quiet.
Old 17th August 2015, 14:05   #235
BHPian

Thanks for your inputs. Looks like the alloys and HU should be fine but tyre upgrades need to be run by the SA.

This funda about SA discretion is really problematic as SAs keep on changing also if I move homes then comes another issue of different SA at different location.

Anyway I will talk to the SA and take a call on the mods, hopefully I come across a reasonable person.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajeevraj View Post

P.S - [/i]As long as you have a good rapport with the Service Rep, you don't have to really spoil your sleep over the warranty claims/issues.
Old 18th August 2015, 17:58   #236
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raneeth View Post
Yes. It is the P835.

It does support a rear view camera. But VW isn't getting the camera fixed for the new models yet. Apparently they have been instructed from the factory to wait for a few months before going for it since the new Vento's wiring is a little different.

That's the version I got atleast. Seems legit.
Do you mean the wiring will change at a later point of time?
Old 19th August 2015, 13:51   #237
BHPian

Can you please provide the final price you paid including fitting for the P835, palace cross is asking 55k for P835 with camera & fitting charges!

Also what rear view camera comes with it? or do I have to buy it separately?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raneeth View Post

It does support a rear view camera. But VW isn't getting the camera fixed for the new models yet.

Last edited by Bhodrolok : 19th August 2015 at 13:56. Reason: added query
Old 19th August 2015, 22:08   #238
BHPian

As I said, I couldn't get the camera fixed because of their reluctance. Got the P835 for 45k including installation.

To the one who asked, of course, the wiring doesn't change after 2 months.
Raneeth is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th August 2015, 13:32   #239
BHPian

Can one of the Vento (facelifted) owners share their experience about the ground clearance? With 5 persons inside, does the underbody scrape on the humps? On normal size humps and on special Bangalore or Pune humps? I am still contemplating between Rapid and Vento, though I would like to go for Vento DSG Diesel, the only thing that worries me is the GC which is even lesser by 2mm in the new models. Any inspirational stories around GC?
I am thinking Rapid's stiffer suspension would help avoiding any scrapping issues. Tired of these issues when I have full family in my Figo.
Old 24th August 2015, 21:43   #240
BHPian

I am almost on final stage of finalizing the top end DSG Vento next week.
Salesman was saying that DSG related problem never occurred on Vento and that one belongs to Skoda Rapid only. Is that true? Do we have any bad experience in Vento DSG 2015?
Also, How is FE in real time for DSG oil burner?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks