Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 16th June 2016, 08:16   #31
Senior - BHPian

re: The 2017 Hyundai Verna. Launched at 8 lakhs, ex-showroom Delhi

Quote:
Originally Posted by dark.knight View Post
Soft suspension tune is actually an advantage for a country like India & can easily tackle the variety of potholes, tar-less roads, undulations etc in silent comfort. My Getz has a soft suspension
I too drive a Getz and don't think the suspension is as soft as the fluidic Verna.
You're right about the Getz being the greatest mass-market Hyundai (in India) with respect to handling.

But the Fluidic verna is just uncomfortable at high speeds and and the rear end bounces. That could have been controlled with good damping. Hyundai didn't do that.

Also, due to the soft suspension, the fluidic verna literally sags when loaded.
landcruiser123 is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 16th June 2016, 11:34   #32
Senior - BHPian

That car is just plain ugly. I have never liked the "fluidic" design philosophy & this seems more fluidic than the present one. Also hate the design of tail lamps running way forward. And what is with that huge grille??

Don't think they will have a 4 speed AT for this segment. If that 4 speed AT is anything like the one in my i10, i have 2 words for it - it sucks. While it buys me comfort in crawling traffic, the rubber band effect is too large. My manual city feels rather refreshing after driving the i10 auto.
Old 15th July 2016, 09:45   #33
Distinguished - BHPian

Breaking Scoop - The production-ready version of the next-gen 2017 Verna, fully revealed!

The 2017 Hyundai Verna. Launched at 8 lakhs, ex-showroom Delhi-2017hyundaivernafrontproductionleaked.jpeg

The 2017 Hyundai Verna. Launched at 8 lakhs, ex-showroom Delhi-2017hyundaivernarearproductionleaked.jpeg

The 2017 Hyundai Verna. Launched at 8 lakhs, ex-showroom Delhi-2017hyundaivernaheadlightproductionleaked.jpg

The 2017 Hyundai Verna. Launched at 8 lakhs, ex-showroom Delhi-2017hyundaivernawheelsproductionleaked.jpg

Two separate variants of the 2017 Hyundai Verna have been detailed in these pictures - one is an entry level variant. which comes with halogen headlights and smaller steel wheels, and a higher level variant which comes with LED DRLs, smoked projector headlights, fog lamps, larger alloy wheels, sunroof, chrome door handles with keyless entry and tinted windows all around.

A third variant can also be seen, judging by a plainer set of alloys and a halogen-based headlamp section-equipped car having foglamps too.

The all-new Verna measures 4380mm x 1728mm x 1460mm, with a wheelbase of 2600mm. The wheelbase has been increased by 30 mm over the present-gen Verna to incorporate better rear seat space, and is now on par with the Honda City's wheelbase. Likewise, the length of the car has increased by 5mm, while the width has been boosted by 28mm to make it more spacious.

Last edited by RavenAvi : 15th July 2016 at 09:58.
RavenAvi is offline   (20) Thanks
Old 15th July 2016, 10:06   #34
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
Breaking Scoop - The production-ready version of the next-gen 2017 Verna, fully revealed!

Attachment 1529074
Is it wider, or just the camera angle !!
Looks like newer cars have this new design language, we saw in Creta, i20 and now this. Looks much cleaner than the previous Fluidic lines
Old 15th July 2016, 10:20   #35
BHPian

Superb Ravenavi

I expect a big fat chrome strip between the edges tail light assemblies on India spec car.
Old 15th July 2016, 11:46   #36
Senior - BHPian

Looks neat. There is a distinct heritage line of the Genesis in the new Verna.
The rear looks clean and non fussy as well.
Now, the plan for Hyundai would be to sort out the spongy suspensions and price it well. If we compared the older fluidic Verna vs the City and Ciaz, it was the most expensive of the lot.

No doubt that the Verna came with a 1.6 mill yet in India, price plays a very big role.
The 2017 Verna looks all set to give a formidable showdown to the top two Cs.
Old 15th July 2016, 12:29   #37
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
Breaking Scoop - The production-ready version of the next-gen 2017 Verna, fully revealed!...
While the car lloks good, nobody can deny the Audi design inspiration on this. While the grill is the easiest give away, even the headlight has striking resemblance to the A6 ! Hyundai has been capturing markets and they need to have an identity of their own, getting "inspired" from others were OK 5 years back, it's no longer acceptable to someone who has so much market share now.

The current gen Verna has such an individuality, the upcoming sadly loses it.
swiftnfurious is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 15th July 2016, 12:30   #38
BHPian

Looks pretty good with DRL's and Projector headlight.

To add to what arnabchak commented, a 1.6 Diesel with 6 Gear Automatic will be a big hit and will be in my list for the next upgrade. I really like the current one but a AT with 4 gear is no no for me.

Hyundai are you listening...
Old 15th July 2016, 12:38   #39
Senior - BHPian

It looks like the i20 sedan with a modified grill.
With Hyundai making quality products, I think we may have a winner here.
landcruiser123 is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 15th July 2016, 13:17   #40
Senior - BHPian

You basically get an Audi Ripoff for 10 Lakhs ! Hyundai continues with its influenced styling and i guess it works for them. Cannot complain if you can't afford an Audi. The car does look a little boring as compared to the concept that was shown earlier and i wish they had a bit more chromed bits on it.
The India version may get a chrome garnish on the rear and some other bits.
Old 15th July 2016, 13:18   #41
Senior - BHPian

Good job Hyundai. You ve got the looks right and we know you dont skimp on the feature list. Price it well and give those MT/AT petrol/diesel options and see it flying off the showroom floors.
Old 15th July 2016, 13:24   #42
BANNED

Why the Audi front grill?
Again Hyundai cars are slick and symmetrical, but this one look rear heavy and bulky from rear 3 quarter.
I agree with "swiftnfurious", this car has no identity of its own.
PetrolRider is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th July 2016, 13:59   #43
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
While the car lloks good, nobody can deny the Audi design inspiration on this. While the grill is the easiest give away, even the headlight has striking resemblance to the A6 !
Quote:
Originally Posted by nik_kapur View Post
You basically get an Audi Ripoff for 10 Lakhs ! Hyundai continues with its influenced styling and i guess it works for them. Cannot complain if you can't afford an Audi.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PetrolRider View Post
Why the Audi front grill?
It should be the influence of ex-Audi man Peter Schreyer. The grille worked quite well on the new Tucson but looks a bit too overdone on the Verna.
vb-saan is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 15th July 2016, 14:11   #44
Distinguished - BHPian

When is this expected to hit our shores? I would be in the market for a Petrol AT C segment sedan next year around this time. And both Honda city and now the Verna are up for facelifts. I don't intent to buy the older model in that case.
Old 15th July 2016, 14:41   #45
BHPian

The exterior looks good in isolation, but what's disappointing is the obvious Audi influence. The grille looks too big abs overdone. Overall, it looks like an i20 sedan, and has lost its individuality. It's clearly a step backwards from the fluidic Verna of 2011. The rear in particular looks rather bland.

But being a modern day Hyundai, we can expect great fit and finish, a long equipment list and a refined diesel engine. If the i20 is anything to go by, the dynamics of this 'i20 sedan' should'nt be a deal breaker.

Honda and Maruti will need something to renew interest in the City and Ciaz. Honda in particular will have to put in some effort in the City facelift.

I really like how the competition in the C2 and D1 segments is intensifying after a dry spell. Sedans are back, it seems ��
Aaron:) is offline   (2) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks