Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 19th June 2017, 12:44   #136
Distinguished - BHPian

re: The 2017 Hyundai Verna. Launched at 8 lakhs, ex-showroom Delhi

Hyundai's next GEN Verna is speculated to launch on 22nd August- 17. Bookings likely to commence in the first week of August.

Quote:
Hyundai will commence bookings for Verna in early August. In Design, Hyundai will make some changes for India model compared to international spec. The LED DRLs in headlight will be placed near fog lamps and the grill will be shared with Elantra. Other exterior changes are still under the camouflage.
Link
volkman10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th June 2017, 10:11   #137
BHPian

Hyundai has put up a teaser on their website with the title "New generation arriving". Its only for booking test drive for now. I thought it's only a facelift and not an all new generation. Am I mistaken???
arunramaswamy is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th June 2017, 10:19   #138
BHPian

Hyundai India released this teaser image on their official Instagram feed today.
Attached Thumbnails
The 2017 Hyundai Verna. Launched at 8 lakhs, ex-showroom Delhi-file_000.png  

TejasKinger is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 20th June 2017, 11:18   #139
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arunramaswamy View Post
Hyundai has put up a teaser on their website with the title "New generation arriving". Its only for booking test drive for now. I thought it's only a facelift and not an all new generation. Am I mistaken???
No the wide six slatted grill is the give away that it is the new gen Verna and not a mere facelift! Of course it waits to be seen how many safety/utility/styling features from Solaris and Accent are retained in the current model. Six speed AT seems certain along with rear AC vents along with improved efficiencies due to touted structural improvements, besides allowing better handling.
Old 20th June 2017, 14:30   #140
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arunramaswamy View Post
I think Hyundai is mistaken.
The new generation is expected by August as suggested by the reports. I doubt there'll be a facelifted version soon as it doesn't make any sense to launch one with 2 months for the launch of the next gen.

I hope there's a turbo petrol and the 1.6 diesel is offered with the 134 BHP state of tune along with 280/300 Nm of torque. This state of tune is there on some Kia cars.

Last edited by landcruiser123 : 20th June 2017 at 14:31.
Old 20th June 2017, 20:21   #141
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by landcruiser123 View Post
I hope there's a turbo petrol and the 1.6 diesel is offered with the 134 BHP state of tune along with 280/300 Nm of torque. This state of tune is there on some Kia cars
Keep hoping . With Elantra CRDI tuned at a 128PS, there is no way they are going to tune-up Verna; same applies to Petrol engine too.
bhaskaracs is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 20th June 2017, 20:51   #142
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhaskaracs View Post
Keep hoping . With Elantra CRDI tuned at a 128PS, there is no way they are going to tune-up Verna; same applies to Petrol engine too.

Agree, that engine is a gem but it seriously needs a bump in torque figures. Looks like Hyundai have kept it detuned. It doesn't feel as fast as it suggests on paper.

260NM from 128bhp ??? Fiat's 1.6 MJD puts out 320Nm from 118bhp and that is a beast of an engine. Heck even VW/Skoda's 1.5Tdi puts out 250 Nm with about 105Bhp.

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Team-BHP
drhoneycake is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th June 2017, 21:09   #143
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
While you make absolute sense, there have been cases - like Figo making 100 PS from the same diesel engine that was churning out 90 PS in the Fiesta. So I really hope Hyundai pushes the bar higher - though it is very unlikely, as competition hasn't pushed it that far.

Hyundai should realize that the upcoming Verna is not creating enough buzz like the current one did in 2011... So some really unique feature or technology is required to get people talking, and taking notice of this new Verna.
Old 20th June 2017, 22:19   #144
BHPian

Hyundai India re-imports the next-gen 2017 Verna! EDIT: Unveiled in China

Quote:
Originally Posted by aravind.anand View Post

Hyundai should realize that the upcoming Verna is not creating enough buzz like the current one did in 2011... So some really unique feature or technology is required to get people talking, and taking notice of this new Verna.

+1. Unless the new verna invokes a wow feel (like the current gen i20 did with its design when launched) it is difficult for it to regain its market share from ciaz/city and will settle in around 1000 units per month. May be a verna with 1.4l diesel and reduced price will so some magic??
jaganpec2002 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st June 2017, 05:53   #145
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaganpec2002 View Post
+1. Unless the new verna invokes a wow feel (like the current gen i20 did with its design when launched) it is difficult for it to regain its market share from ciaz/city and will settle in around 1000 units per month. May be a verna with 1.4l diesel and reduced price will so some magic??
Not sure about the 1.4 l diesel, however based on the GST rates, I think the 1.6l should get a lesser sticker price after July. That should help Verna a bit. I am not expecting Hyundai to sell more than 2000 copies of Verna a month unless they come up with an excellent initial price.
arunramaswamy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st June 2017, 15:52   #146
BHPian

Quote:
No the wide six slatted grill is the give away that it is the new gen Verna and not a mere facelift!
I feel that Hyundai might just play safe with the Engine department and play with the interior and exterior upgrades.
Attached Thumbnails
The 2017 Hyundai Verna. Launched at 8 lakhs, ex-showroom Delhi-newhyundaivernaindia.jpg  

srivatsahg is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st June 2017, 16:59   #147
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TejasKinger View Post
Hyundai India released this teaser image on their official Instagram feed today.
Based on this teaser it's pretty clear we are getting the Solaris version from Russia and not the one launched in china

All details available here

http://m.hyundai.ru/NewSolaris
Attached Images

Silverfire is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 22nd June 2017, 08:27   #148
Distinguished - BHPian

If one car can destroy the sales of City/Ciaz, it will be the Verna, it was a segment leader when its previous generation debuted, though briefly. The problem today is that the car can fill no niche.. the City covers the "prestige"+space niche, the Ciaz covers the value+space, the Verna has only acquired a lot of hatred for being underspecced and bad to drive. There is a chance only if Hyundai go back to doing what they know the best - load it with practical features and price it right between the Ciaz and the City, the following features should help :

- Android Auto - Check
- Sunroof - Not sure
- 6 Speed Automatic - Not sure
- Rear a.c vents - Check
- Better legroom in rear - Not sure, Ciaz is a leader here.
- Stable, pliant ride quality.
- Better steering feel.

Hyundai will have the better build quality, fit and finish and interiors of the three without a doubt.. way better in fact. What remains to be seen is how much of the pie the Verna can get with tight competition including the Germans the Vento and Rapid. Seems tough, I won't give them more than a couple of thousand units per month after the initial 15-20k bookings from those who've deferred their purchase for the new Verna.
Old 27th June 2017, 14:15   #149
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverfire View Post
Based on this teaser it's pretty clear we are getting the Solaris version from Russia and not the one launched in china

Big bummer there then! The China version looks menacing and much more mature and classy. The Russian version's styling reminds somewhat of Verna Transform.
Quote:
Originally Posted by srivatsahg View Post
I feel that Hyundai might just play safe with the Engine department and play with the interior and exterior upgrades.
Actually Hyundai leads in the Engine department already! Like Toyota's 2.5 and 3.0 engines in India, Hyundai's 1.6 CRDI is going to be a stellar performer for years to come! No sedan around 12lacs ex-showroom offers such massive power.
DeepakS is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd July 2017, 10:41   #150
BHPian

A new teaser image of what could possibly be the next-gen Verna's interiors was posted on Hyundai India's Facebook page.
Attached Thumbnails
The 2017 Hyundai Verna. Launched at 8 lakhs, ex-showroom Delhi-hyundai-teaser.png  

TejasKinger is offline   (2) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks