Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 5th August 2017, 14:59   #286
Senior - BHPian

re: The 2017 Hyundai Verna. Launched at 8 lakhs, ex-showroom Delhi

Quote:
Originally Posted by drashkum View Post
I really wish that hyundai prices the verna in the Ciaz's territory than the City's territory.
I don't think Verna is in the Ciaz territory even now. I'd expect the CRDI Auto to be priced like 16L OTR Madras, which is about the price of City ZX Diesel Manual. So it might a lakh down from City variant to variant.

Quote:
Originally Posted by octane_100 View Post
All I need to know (and i'm sure quite a few of us) now is what does Sx+ Auto offer in terms of features, especially safety.
6 airbags were present in current generation top end diesel AT. 6 airbags have also been confirmed according the presentations posted above. So it'll likely remain unchanged.
narayans80 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th August 2017, 15:03   #287
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ece2k2 View Post
Since every review includes the diesel AT version, I am not sure why the reviewers haven't pointed out the missing features on the AT variant compared to the manual (presumably top end one) they drove.
Yes. I too noted that none of the reviews talk anything on the variants. They have just mentioned the available features. I hope (against hope) the diesel Auto does come with all safety features, the gimmicky ones be damned
Old 5th August 2017, 15:11   #288
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by narayans80 View Post
6 airbags were present in current generation top end diesel AT. 6 airbags have also been confirmed according the presentations posted above. So it'll likely remain unchanged.
Current gen diesel AT is available in SX(O) trim whereas the next gen one seems to be offered only in the lower SX+ trim. Typically 6 airbags are a part of optional pack in Hyundai cars.

Weird fact is the current gen petrol AT is not available in SX(o) trim. Hyundai is trying to reverse the strategy of AT SX(O) variant for some unknown reason
Old 5th August 2017, 15:20   #289
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
All I need to know (and i'm sure quite a few of us) now is what does Sx+ Auto offer in terms of features, especially safety.
I expect it to be SX with Added Features, I Don't think this version will be having 6 Airbags.

Quote:
Since every review includes the diesel AT version, I am not sure why the reviewers haven't pointed out the missing features on the AT variant compared to the manual (presumably top end one) they drove.
One thing is sure, the Auto won't be as loaded as Manual, be it any Variant.

Quote:
I don't think Verna is in the Ciaz territory even now. I'd expect the CRDI Auto to be priced like 16L OTR Madras, which is about the price of City ZX Diesel Manual. So it might a lakh down from City variant to variant.

Verna won't be cheap, but expect Manual to match City while Automatic will be higher.

6 Airbags will be present but expect only (O) variants to have them. Since Diesel Auto isn't available in (O) Trim, we may miss 6 Airbags.

Quote:
Yes. I too noted that none of the reviews talk anything on the variants. They have just mentioned the available features. I hope (against hope) the diesel Auto does come with all safety features, the gimmicky ones be damned
Sadly, Hyundai isn't known to do that. If Hyundai does indeed offer Safety Features on Diesel Auto, that would be good.

Quote:
Current gen diesel AT is available in SX(O) trim whereas the next gen one seems to be offered only in the lower SX+ trim. Typically 6 airbags are a part of optional pack in Hyundai cars.

Weird fact is the current gen petrol AT is not available in SX(o) trim. Hyundai is trying to reverse the strategy of AT SX(O) variant for some unknown reason
Yes, expect same this time too. Only Option variants are expected with 6 Airbags.

I guess Hyundai is doing same thing as Elantra where Petrol was more loaded then Diesel. And 6 Airbags available only on Diesel AT.
Old 5th August 2017, 15:39   #290
BHPian

Quote:

Usually its is loaded except a couple of premium features which were auto head lamps and leather seats in last edition.

Quote:
May be Hyundai has put a clause not to reveal the variant and features details to the reviewers.

Quote:

It is fair enough to price a Diesel AT at 16L OTR. Honda city has only CVT in petrol which costs 17.54 with all bells and whistles in chennai.
Old 5th August 2017, 16:14   #291
BHPian

On a slightly off topic note, it really is baffling to see the variant mixes these days. I really wonder who does the product planning!

Jeep gives 6 Airbags only in 4x4, City gives top end petrol only in auto (which is not a great tranny and actually dumbs down the engine performance which infact IS the main draw in a Honda!!) and all of Hyundai's range northwards of upcoming Verna qualify for this.

Any method to this madness?
Old 5th August 2017, 16:41   #292
BHPian

Quote:
On a slightly off topic note, it really is baffling to see the variant mixes these days. I really wonder who does the product planning!

Jeep gives 6 Airbags only in 4x4, City gives top end petrol only in auto (which is not a great tranny and actually dumbs down the engine performance which infact IS the main draw in a Honda!!) and all of Hyundai's range northwards of upcoming Verna qualify for this.

Any method to this madness?
It depends on the market research. The outgoing verna is 6 years old. At the time of its launch there weren't many takers for AT and mass market were not so safety conscious except us petrol heads.

Every manufacturer keeps assessing market trends based on its own cars enquiry and research outside.

Hyundai has been abstaining from giving not more than 4 speed AT and punishing people when the competition started adopting better AT. So looks like people in hyundai higher ups woke up from their dream or were rather forced to wake up right from the launch of Creta. I still wonder why they stopped AT in xcent in top trim in their latest version. Back when my dad got Xcent AT it was available in SXO but now in latest fluidic 2. 0 refresh its gone. I wish they dont use the same baffling tactics in upcoming verna

Ciaz is in a different plane altogether. MSIL cars just sell because of their A.S.S. They just defy all theories and keep plonking their 1.3L DDIS in all cars. So i think they have got the pulse of people so right that they are able to get away without doing much.

That said and done it is still not prudent to launch AT in basic version of the car in india as people demand is not so much.

Last edited by drashkum : 5th August 2017 at 16:45.
Old 5th August 2017, 18:22   #293
BHPian

The base variant will be priced around and below 10 Lakhs

The 2017 Hyundai Verna. Launched at 8 lakhs, ex-showroom Delhi-1501937510626.jpg
drashkum is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th August 2017, 20:40   #294
BHPian

I feel that the puzzling unavailability of a top end SX(O) variant in Diesel automatic might be due to Hyundai matching competition variant for variant.

Honda do not have an automatic Diesel City. Neither is there an automatic Diesel Ciaz. The only other Diesel automatics are the Vento and Rapid, and the SX+ trim shall be more than a match for the top variants of either of these when it comes to features.

So Hyundai might be thinking that while they need an absolutely top- spec SX(O) A/T petrol variant to match the City ZX 1.5 petrol CVT, they may get away with offering only a second rung variant in the Diesel A/T space.

Last edited by Yeldo : 5th August 2017 at 20:41.
Yeldo is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th August 2017, 00:46   #295
BHPian

Hyundai surely has aggressive goals for the Verna. Expecting sales to reach 4.5k per month - this is going to be difficult unless Verna is priced sensibly.

http://www.news18.com/news/auto/hyun...h-1483433.html
Old 6th August 2017, 10:41   #296
Distinguished - BHPian

Team,

Here's an exclusive scoop related to the all-new, next-gen 2017 Verna - it's variant lineup (and their internal codes) and more importantly, it's pricing!!

The 2017 Hyundai Verna. Launched at 8 lakhs, ex-showroom Delhi-4w.jpg

The 2017 Hyundai Verna. Launched at 8 lakhs, ex-showroom Delhi-1w.jpg

Now, the prices shown here have been circulated internally, and have been sent by a source from Kolkata. Not sure if GST + cess is included in this, and Hyundai has a nasty habit of jacking up the prices at the last moment (I was particularly burned by their Creta pricing fiasco 2 years back, if anyone remembers), so if the prices are jacked up later, you know who to blame.

The 2017 Hyundai Verna. Launched at 8 lakhs, ex-showroom Delhi-3w.jpg

If these prices include GST + cess, that is some real dynamite pricing and the Verna will be gunning instead for it's market-snatching opponent - the Maruti-Suzuki Ciaz, and not the Honda City.

But, if these prices exclude GST + cess, the all-new 2017 Verna will be coming with a real eye-watering price range!

Assuming that the prices above don't include GST + cess, then the final prices might be:

1.6L PETROL

E : 9,91,213/-
EX : 11,07,024/-
EX AT : 12,45,374/-
SX : 11,90,034/-
SX (O) : 13,41,578/-
SX (O) AT: 14,79,928/-

1.6L DIESEL

E : 11,40,936/-
EX : 12,56,332/-
EX AT : 13,95,286/-
SX : 13,40,993/-
SX (O) : 14,91,909/-
SX+ AT : 15,15,835/-

Looks to be more in line with what YK Koo has said in the news item posted above by BHPian drashkum, about the next-gen Verna having a starting price of just below the Rs 10-lakhs mark.

For reference, here are the prices for the Honda City, ex-showroom Kolkata:

The 2017 Hyundai Verna. Launched at 8 lakhs, ex-showroom Delhi-citypk.jpg
The 2017 Hyundai Verna. Launched at 8 lakhs, ex-showroom Delhi-citydk.jpg

Last edited by RavenAvi : 6th August 2017 at 11:05. Reason: coming*
RavenAvi is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 6th August 2017, 11:01   #297
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post

Looks to be more in line with what YK Koo has said in the news item posted above by BHPian drashkum, about the next-gen Verna having a starting price of just below the Rs 10-lakhs mark.
Even in this sheet, the 1.4 diesel and petrol are missing. So it's possible that they are making the Verna a more premium player with just the 1.6L engines and with enough features to take on the City, rather than Ciaz.

The 1.4 engines make come later to take on the Ciaz.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th August 2017, 11:02   #298
BHPian

Quote:
Team,

Here's an exclusive scoop related to the all-new, next-gen 2017 Verna - it's variant lineup (and their internal codes) and more importantly, it's pricing!!
I feel the prices shared by your source will be ex-showroom price, undercutting city by approximately a lakh. IIRC Hyundai is targeting 5000 monthly sales. No way they should be pricing it above City else they can forget achieving those targets.

Last edited by S.MJet : 6th August 2017 at 11:03. Reason: Typo
S.MJet is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th August 2017, 12:21   #299
BHPian

Quote:

Assuming that the prices above don't include GST + cess, then the final prices might be:

1.6L PETROL

E : 9,91,213/-
EX : 11,07,024/-
EX AT : 12,45,374/-
SX : 11,90,034/-
SX (O) : 13,41,578/-
SX (O) AT: 14,79,928/-

1.6L DIESEL

E : 11,40,936/-
EX : 12,56,332/-
EX AT : 13,95,286/-
SX : 13,40,993/-
SX (O) : 14,91,909/-
SX+ AT : 15,15,835/-

It seems more like it. Given the trend of Hyundai charging a premium for it's cars in india, it would be foolhardy to imagine that Hyundai would price it against the Ciaz. Also looking at the specs and the kit on offer, at certain level I feel that charging a premium over ciaz is totally justified and the pricing will be just slightly less than the City. I think the Verna will undercut the City by 20-30k for lower variants and 40-50k for the top variants(not value for money though). They can always jack up the prices later depending upon the response. 5000 units a month is a very ambitious Target and I don't think it's achievable for the new Verna as it's more evolutionary rather than revolutionary.

Brand snobs would choose Honda City. Enthusiasts would choose VW vento/skoda rapid. Value seekers would fall back on the Ciaz and ones with deeper pockets would rather spring for Certa/compass/Elantra/Corolla/Octavia
fuelinmyveins is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th August 2017, 12:38   #300
BHPian

I don't think Hyundai will price the Verna above City, the ventilated seats not withstanding. City in itself is already pricy and we have had people discuss on how they would rather jump a segment and pick up the Elantra. Now, if Verna is priced above the city and close to Elantra, who will buy Verna? Not to forget that City has a following of its own and not many would pay a premium to the slanted H over the straight H.

IMO, the Verna prices will definitely not be over the City but will be in touching distance.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks