Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 16th August 2017, 18:24   #421
Senior - BHPian

Excellent scoop !!
I guess EX is the variant that has the goodies required by more than 60% of people and same should reflect in the bookings.
Now waiting for a sane level of pricing from Hyundai.

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftdiesel View Post

The one with the selfie guy seems like the top variant with the lone seat ventilation button at the bottom. Also start/stop button indicates top variant:

The other pic shared does not have that lone button at the bottom and no start/stop button:

I reckon the button marked with the red arrow is the air flow indicator.
You were right - the seat ventilation buttons are the standalone ones and the one that I had marked in red should be airflow indicator or likewise.

Also - The brochure has been leaked in this thread and should conclusively end all speculations

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...re-leaked.html

Last edited by theMAG : 17th August 2017 at 17:22. Reason: Back-back posts < 20 mins. Please EDIT moving forward.
Old 16th August 2017, 19:00   #422
BHPian

Re: Scoop! Hyundai Verna brochure leaked

Hyundai seems to have stuck with Torque Converter technology for it's Automatic Version. Good thing is that it has tiptronic, but TC's are gas guzzlers. We would've preferred a CVT with paddle shift or tiptronic for the Petrol version.
Old 16th August 2017, 20:51   #423
Senior - BHPian

In terms of looks, I guess in terms of design this is again an evolutionary design rather than a complete revolution change in design that happened in last gen Verna.

It looks fresh though, will sell in quite good numbers for sure for next two years until Honda brings the next gen City.

Hope Hyundai prices it well and make it a value for money sedan! It will rock for sure!
bluevolt is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th August 2017, 06:48   #424
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by octane_100 View Post
I quite liked that 2.0 petrol in the new Elantra but have never driven their 1.6 petrol. Time to go have a look then!
Given that the Verna may be lighter by a couple of hundred kilos compared to the Elantra petrol, the same engine effect will be visible in the Verna as well as it is the highest petrol powered engine in its class (bhp and torque) when it comes to naturally aspirated varieties. The only better option is a double clutch box but we all know how horribly unreliable they are, its for good reason that even BMW/Mini avoid them and keep using their 8 speed torque converter from Aisin or ZF which are just as good if not better btw.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaaz View Post
Hyundai seems to have stuck with Torque Converter technology for it's Automatic Version. Good thing is that it has tiptronic, but TC's are gas guzzlers. We would've preferred a CVT with paddle shift or tiptronic for the Petrol version.
CVT's are well on their way out.. you wont find an article that mentions this but one look at how the global automatics are moving will make it obvious. Americans seem to run a mile in the other direction if they even hear the word CVT and as of now it remains a Japanese-manufacturer favorite only. The only 2 auto-transmissions that will remain are the torque converters (with 6, 8, and 10 gears) and the double clutch boxes (with 7 and perhaps, 10 speeds up next). The extra gears will be put in to patch the greatest weakness of the automatic - low end torque as speeds up to the 100 mark will improve when packed with upto 6/7 gears.

The CVT can never match either of these, of course I don't want to illogically say that 0-100 timings are important for everyone, it isn't and all that 90% of the buyers including I would want is seamless gear changes and instant torque.. CVT while it comes close, is still not in the torque converter level as yet in my opinion, atleast when it comes to the affordable models.
dark.knight is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 17th August 2017, 08:10   #425
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by avdhesh15 View Post
Rather, I hope they are aggressive so that it's a 3-way fight rather than the current 2-way one where City is "premium" and Ciaz is "budget". In my opinion, if they can slot in between, it would make for good competition for all 3 cars fighting for similar customers.
Perfectly summed up in my opinion.

That's exactly what they should be targeting. Get the brand, features and quality conscious customers from the City, while pricing it aggressive enough to appeal to the value conscious customers of the Ciaz.

A midway point between these two could work well for Hyundai, if the marketing department can back it up and make people actually take notice that it's an all new generation.
Old 17th August 2017, 08:40   #426
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Get the brand, features and quality conscious customers from the City, while pricing it aggressive enough to appeal to the value conscious customers of the Ciaz.

A midway point between these two could work well for Hyundai, if the marketing department can back it up and make people actually take notice that it's an all new generation.
Honda as a premium brand or rather the City is a premium car is something I fail to understand. During my recent stint in Kerala I felt the Ciaz has much better road presence than the City; infact it is one of the elegant looking model from Suzuki (along with the Baleno).

I expect the Verna to have a good run considering the feature-set on offer. In true Hyundai fashion it’s packed with comfort features for the mass-market. That said, ESC should have been an option at least in the top-variant.
vb-saan is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 17th August 2017, 09:03   #427
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackasta View Post
Excellent scoop !!
I guess EX is the variant that has the goodies required by more than 60% of people and same should reflect in the bookings.
Now waiting for a sane level of pricing from Hyundai.
Manual folding ORVM is kind of deal breaker for me in EX variant, otherwise it is well loaded.
Old 17th August 2017, 09:18   #428
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vb-san View Post
Honda as a premium brand or rather the City is a premium car is something I fail to understand. During my recent stint in Kerala I felt the Ciaz has much better road presence than the City; infact it is one of the elegant looking model from Suzuki (along with the Baleno).
I second that. Honda city doesn't fell more premium than the Ciaz in any aspect. To me, the Ciaz feels more luxurious (with better space and larger foot print) where as the Verna (the outgoing one) feels more sportier and is of course, the meaner machine. City, though a good car by any means, never looked like the champion to me in the C segment space, not when Verna and Ciaz were there to challenge it.

Back to the new Verna now, this sure looks tempting! Pricing could be the key now.
meetgds is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th August 2017, 09:20   #429
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaaz View Post
I can't boast of an extensive driving experience of all AT technologies. But from whatever samples I have had, TC seems to be a good trade-off between reliability and driveability a higher fuel consumption not withstanding.

TC does the job for a non-aggressive driving style and delivers quite a smooth performance. CVT on the other hand is quite frustrating with the infamous rubber band effect. CVT is the main reason I did not pick up the City earlier this year.
octane_100 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th August 2017, 09:35   #430
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by meetgds View Post
To me, the Ciaz feels more luxurious (with better space and larger foot print)
Ciaz may have more space but the rear bench is not comfortable. While City may have slightly less space but its rear bench is very comfortable. Also, space is not really a problem in City.
sri_tesla is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 17th August 2017, 10:05   #431
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vb-san View Post
That said, ESC should have been an option at least in the top-variant.
I totally agree with you on ESC/ESP being made available in Cars / SUVs under 15 lacs. There are only few vehicles which provide such safety features in this category. Hope we members starting looking beyond airbags at other safety features too.

Extracting from thread http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...an-cars-7.html

1. Polo GT TSI
2. Vento (1.2TSI & 1.5TDI AT)
3. Figo/Aspire 1.5L Ti-VCT AT
4. EcoSport 1.5L Ti-VCT AT
5. Rapid TDI AT
6. AMEO - CL and HL variants
7. Creta SX(0)
8. JEEP COMPASS SPORT 1.4 Multi AIR Petrol (only variant under 15 lacs)
Simhi is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 17th August 2017, 10:58   #432
BANNED

re: The 2017 Hyundai Verna. Launched at 8 lakhs, ex-showroom Delhi

No wonder Hyundai lives up to its reputation of a feature rich car manufacturer. By providing sun roof it also takes the game to Honda.

But, existing Verna is a boat, we all know that, I sincerely hopes Hyundai makes some adjustment over its suspension to drive it more like a sedan.

Waiting for the TBHP review, time to refresh that section everyday .
PetrolRider is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th August 2017, 12:41   #433
BHPian

The sales executive at the Hyundai dealership just shared this with me. It is called "Product Customer Module" and it has feature descriptions in detail (entire PDF consists of 76 pages) and per-feature comparison with Honda City and Ciaz.
pathik is offline   (14) Thanks
Old 17th August 2017, 13:23   #434
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by octane_100 View Post
I can't boast of an extensive driving experience of all AT technologies. But from whatever samples I have had, TC seems to be a good trade-off between reliability and driveability a higher fuel consumption not withstanding.

TC does the job for a non-aggressive driving style and delivers quite a smooth performance. CVT on the other hand is quite frustrating with the infamous rubber band effect. CVT is the main reason I did not pick up the City earlier this year.

To offset the Rubber band effect, you've to use paddle shifts in CVT. That's the reason, I skipped Baleno. You may be correct technically, but a mileage of 7-8 kms, not everyone, particularly in India with high fuel prices can afford.

Sedate driving can wriggle out juice from TC's, but the same driving style will satisfy him/her with CVT technology with the added advantage of higher fuel efficiency.

On another note, I guess the buyers can afford this kind of fuel efficiency as Verna will be priced northwards of ₹15 lakhs OTR.
Old 17th August 2017, 14:21   #435
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
Fresh spy shots and variant-wise specs, courtesy ACI.
Did I read it right? No auto wipers? Aka Elantra?

Last edited by manson : 17th August 2017 at 14:24. Reason: Trimmed quote.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks