Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 13th September 2017, 13:32   #886
Senior - BHPian

Re: The 2017 Hyundai Verna. Launched at 8 lakhs, ex-showroom Delhi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dhrubo View Post
I will be driving this mostly in city but lesser congested areas. I hardly had any nicks in the last 4 years I used the ecosport. For people on Kolkata I drive around salt lake rajarhat area. Although the traffic situation is worsening here as well.

Thanks! I have got a quote from a t bhp member named Joseph. He runs his own setup I presume and is not extravagantly expensive. He quoted me 14k for the new car along with a free maintenance after 6 months. Now it seems to be way cheaper than your numbers.
If it's in the mainly in the Saltlake / New Town area, coupled with the numbers you posted, then I would say go for it.
blackasta is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th September 2017, 13:51   #887
BHPian

Finally got my test drive. Trident Bannerghatta road got the car to my house and the sales person was friendly and accommodating. They got the car at 7 AM giving me some time when the traffic was less. I test drove the Verna diesel SX(O). Here are my observations:
# Powerful car. We can feel the power when accelerating
# Easy to handle in the city: It does not have any troubles of a big car on driving or parking
# Ticks all the boxes: 2 airbags, ABS, cruise control, reverse parking camera
# Great cabin space for luggage
# Slick gear box
# Great seating position. It does not feel like a low-lying car aka the old esteem. It felt like a higher seat positioning than my Swift and was similar though not as high as my Ritz

Top car and great value for money. Confused between SX and SX(O) - am attaching the scanned copy of the one pager that Hyundai shared with me
Attached Thumbnails
The 2017 Hyundai Verna. Launched at 8 lakhs, ex-showroom Delhi-verna-features.png  

Attached Files
File Type: pdf verna versions.pdf (43.7 KB, 258 views)
bhpfaninblr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th September 2017, 14:41   #888
Senior - BHPian

Hyundais are infamous for mileage. Can any owner let us know the mileage figures for Diesel Automatic please, as my Dad is looking to upgrade.We also have the Dzire in our sights, with only the AMT issues (that we hear) holding us back.
Old 13th September 2017, 15:15   #889
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebring View Post
Hyundais are infamous for mileage. Can any owner let us know the mileage figures for Diesel Automatic please, as my Dad is looking to upgrade.We also have the Dzire in our sights, with only the AMT issues (that we hear) holding us back.
My 2011 Fluidic Diesel Verna SX(O) MT used to return 11 kmpl in City with AC. On highway's it returned 16 kmpl on average. While the Best I got in the 5 years ownership was 18 kmpl. That too only once. I also have i20 Diesel currently & it returns similar figures as well (12.5 kmpl on City & 17 kmpl on Highways).

Have used many cars, but will confidently say that Hyundai's aren't the most efficient. They deliver lower then the Segment. One good example is my Friend's Jazz Diesel. He gets 17.5 in City & 24 on Highways. I said that's great, and well worth the additional price over i20. He was saying, my Jazz isn't as loaded as your i20, but this "Clever Car" is more efficient, has better ingress/egress, has spacious cabin & boot compared to i20. And on that, it's also cheaper to service.

After his words, I agreed with him wholeheartedly. He uses the same roads as I do. So, it's clear that Hyundai is not as efficient. With Automatic coming into question, the numbers will be obviously lower.

If you intend to keep the car for long time, just buy the Verna Diesel AT & enjoy it because the engine makes up for that poor efficiency.
CarguyNish is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 13th September 2017, 16:24   #890
BHPian

Quote:
I drive an Elantra Crdi AT (2014 version) and it runs like a charm. I am not concerned about the FE as it returns around 9-10kmpl in the city and around 15-17 on the highway. Have checked it on a tank-fill premise on multiple occasions and it delivers these numbers fairly consistently.

One cannot have the cake and also eat it - a 126bhp turbo charged engine at 260NM torque with good response at low RPM cannot yield best-in-segmet FE.

In the C segment (Ciaz, City, Vento etc.), Verna can be compared with Vento or Rapid (+/-5-10%) on FE. It will be inferior to Ciaz or City which have underpowered engines.

In the D segment Elantra clearly is the winner from an FE stand point (except the Corrolla Altis 1.4D of couse, which is again underpowered and largely a chauffer driven unit). But overall Elantra is a tad underpowered from a segment benchmark standpoint (ala Cruze/Jetta/Octavia etc.).
bhaskaracs is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 13th September 2017, 17:12   #891
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarguyNish View Post
My 2011 Fluidic Diesel Verna SX(O) MT used to return 11 kmpl in City with AC. On highway's it returned 16 kmpl on average. While the Best I got in the 5 years ownership was 18 kmpl. That too only once. I also have i20 Diesel currently & it returns similar figures as well (12.5 kmpl on City & 17 kmpl on Highways).
I have a 2012 Fluidic Verna CRDi SX and in Bangalore city traffic I get around 14-15 KM/L and on highways easily 22-24 KM/L ( if driven in the range of 80-100 KM/H). In case of maintaining 120 KM/H or plus, the fuel efficiency drops and still gets 19 KM/L. But usually I prefer sticking to fuel efficiency and also helps in keeping myself away from speed fines.
Old 13th September 2017, 20:34   #892
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aeroamit View Post
I have a 2012 Fluidic Verna CRDi SX and in Bangalore city traffic I get around 14-15 KM/L and on highways easily 22-24 KM/L ( if driven in the range of 80-100 KM/H). In case of maintaining 120 KM/H or plus, the fuel efficiency drops and still gets 19 KM/L. But usually I prefer sticking to fuel efficiency and also helps in keeping myself away from speed fines.
Was this full tank to full tank calculation or from the MID? Also going by the numbers assume this is a manual transmission?
Old 13th September 2017, 21:04   #893
BHPian

Quote:
You seem to be an exception rather than the norm. Also it's very important to clarify if City means bumper to bumper traffic (like in Bangalore or Mumbai) or decently open roads in City because that too makes a big difference. I think it's best if people can give the average trip speed(from MID) along with the mileage numbers since that would clearly tell what kind of roads the car was driven on when it achieved those numbers.
Old 13th September 2017, 21:12   #894
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-Factor View Post
Was this full tank to full tank calculation or from the MID? Also going by the numbers assume this is a manual transmission?
Mine is manual transmission and these numbers are through full tank to full tank calculation. Otherwise, MID shows 1.5-2 Kmpl in addition to what I get. I have 47K on the Odometer for Verna as of now.
Old 13th September 2017, 21:16   #895
Senior - BHPian

The 2017 Hyundai Verna. Launched at 8 lakhs, ex-showroom Delhi

My Neo Elantra SXO CRDI ( manual transmission ) which I used for 4 years,now with my brother, returned around 11-12 in city and 15-16 on the highway runs with 100% AC and those lovely ventilated seats. I stay in Bangalore and travel 16 km to office through the heart of the city in peak hour traffic. All calculated tank full to tank full.

That model of Elantra neither had the mileage calculator or distance to empty.

Last edited by Arjun Reddy : 13th September 2017 at 21:18.
Old 13th September 2017, 21:31   #896
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pathik View Post
You seem to be an exception rather than the norm. Also it's very important to clarify if City means bumper to bumper traffic (like in Bangalore or Mumbai) or decently open roads in City because that too makes a big difference. I think it's best if people can give the average trip speed(from MID) along with the mileage numbers since that would clearly tell what kind of roads the car was driven on when it achieved those numbers.
I don't know whether exception or not but I just quoted what I get from my Fluidic Verna. My travel route does include good traffic ( SH9 to Manyata Tech park) but not at the level of Bangalore's famous Silkboard or Tin factory. I am sure that these routes (Bangalore's famous Silkboard or Tin factory) will degrade fuel efficiency of any car.
For Highways, its calculated between Bangalore-Mumbai/ Bangalore-Tirupati/ Bangalore-Hyderabad/Bangalore-Madurai/etc.. Measurement method was Full tank to full tank and distance covered. Otherwise MID shows as 1-2 kmpl more as compared to actual obtained by above calculation method.
Main point is that I never push my Verna, eventhough I like the way it accelerates in turbo range. Also, as I mentioned after initial days I got fond of Mileage numbers and now try to stay between 80-100 KM/H as much as I can. It had saved me from interceptors many times on BLR-MUM as well as between BLR-HYD highway. Also, I have driven my car with AC in Auto mode all the time.

Last edited by aeroamit : 13th September 2017 at 21:34.
Old 13th September 2017, 21:38   #897
BHPian

I've an I-gen i20 diesel sportz for the last 3.5 years. For the last 3 services, I've constantly been getting an average mileage above 15 kmpl. One third of the drive has been on highway and the rest on Bangalore traffic. My recent trip to Thekkaddy returned me with a mileage of 18.5 and my last tank full - tank full gave me a return of 15.23 purely for city driving. I do not have any other diesel cars so as to compare mileages, but I'm pretty content with the figures. I was a bit disappointed after the 1st service where I got only 12.5 kmpl, but things improved drastically after that I must say!
Old 13th September 2017, 22:37   #898
BHPian

Quote:
My dad drives the Fluidic Verna diesel. It has run 60k+ kms. He is a light footed driver. In city, he is able to get between 13-14 kmpl. On the highways, he is able to get between 21-22 kmpl. The engine has not changed over the years so these figures should be valid for the new car as well.
ferrarirules is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 13th September 2017, 23:50   #899

Quote:
Originally Posted by pathik View Post
It shows FE and even Instantaneous FE. There's a small video I captured showing the MID:

https://photos.app.goo.gl/FEURjbd1AzHS6rmG2
hey pathik, congrats and hope you are having a blast wit your ride !!

can you share headlight specifications(H4? ) of EX variant ?
Old 14th September 2017, 00:11   #900
BHPian

The 2017 Hyundai Verna. Launched at 8 lakhs, ex-showroom Delhi

Quote:

+1 to that. I have a Dec 2014 Fluidic Verna SX CRDI and I consistently get 13-15 Kmpl in Bengaluru traffic and on highways (not more than 110kmph) it gives me 20-21 kmpl. Go above 120 and it drops to 18-19 kmpl. Even some aggressive driving and it never drops below 17 kmpl on the highways. Though I do most of my driving at 110km/hr.

BTW my car has done 90k kms, so I can fairly say for this segment and the power it offers, the mileage is brilliant.

FYI, I can do Bengaluru-Pune on 42 lts of diesel.

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Team-BHP

Last edited by drhoneycake : 14th September 2017 at 00:14.
drhoneycake is online now   (4) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks