Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 15th September 2017, 12:47   #916
BHPian

Re: The 2017 Hyundai Verna. Launched at 8 lakhs, ex-showroom Delhi

Quote:
Originally Posted by drive2eternity View Post
Earlier car has all beige seats. The New Verna has a lot of black and some beige-grey mixed. Even though maintaining my car's beige interiors is a headache, I still prefer the beige interiors for the airy and luxury feel they give (completely personal opinion).

Alloys could have been better, rather than copying Creta's alloys. I find the diamond cut alloys of previous generation better.
Completely agree with you on both observations. One of my first accessories would be an all beige seat cover, I don't particularly like dual shade in seats.

Quote:
The boot seemed similar to my car, could not make out where are the additional 20 odd liters. Anyway, I am pretty happy with the boot capacity of my car, so the new one should not be any different.
The boot seems smaller than Skoda Rapid's which is 460L. I did measure the dimensions with a tape to compare, Verna's is a couple of inches wider while Rapid's is few inches deeper.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Bean View Post
Dear Verna Owners,

Can the back seat of verna support the following combination?

1.) 1 adult + 1 baby seat + 1 booster seat
2.) 1 adult + 2 baby seats

How is the under-thigh support for rear passengers?
Not a Verna owner yet, but the rear seat is not wide enough to accommodate your combination. If at all you manage to fix two seats, the adult will be real squeeze. I am using baby seat in my Rapid - it occupies one full seat, a child can barely manage the middle portion along with an adult.

Under thigh support is adequate for my height (5' 8"), shorter people will find it fairly good.
X-Factor is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th September 2017, 13:25   #917
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-Factor View Post
Completely agree with you on both observations. One of my first accessories would be an all beige seat cover, I don't particularly like dual shade in seats.
IMHO, people for whom back seat is a priority should simply go for the City or the Ciaz. I have no personal experience with the Ciaz, but people say while the space is more on Ciaz, the comfort is more with the City. I recently did a trip from Hassan to Bangalore on my City. Had 2 Adults + 1 Baby seat with Baby comfortably in the back seat...everyone felt the journey was extremely comfortable...

Last edited by ampere : 15th September 2017 at 20:41. Reason: Trimmed quoted post
Old 15th September 2017, 18:51   #918
BHPian

Hyundai has increased the prices of Verna. Updated Ex-showroom prices post GST Hike.

Name:  Untitled.png
Views: 6265
Size:  28.2 KB

For comparison attaching a link to Pre GST Hike prices. http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...ml#post4255919

While the base variant of Petrol variant remains unchanged(marketing gimmick), the other petrol variants and diesel variants have been increased by 25k.

Those who have booked EX diesel variants are going to get hit hard as RTO life tax slabs differ in many states for vehicles > 10 lakhs.
Nikhs is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th September 2017, 20:42   #919
Distinguished - BHPian

Hyundai revises its car prices post latest GST update!

The 2017 Hyundai Verna. Launched at 8 lakhs, ex-showroom Delhi-capture.jpg
volkman10 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th September 2017, 21:16   #920
BHPian

Revised Bangalore price list below.

The 2017 Hyundai Verna. Launched at 8 lakhs, ex-showroom Delhi-img_8697.jpg

Also attaching the pictures of Autolink dongle that I captured during today's showroom visit. There were three buttons for power, reset and something else on the top which I didn't capture. Looks like an advanced OBD.

The 2017 Hyundai Verna. Launched at 8 lakhs, ex-showroom Delhi-img_8690.jpg

The 2017 Hyundai Verna. Launched at 8 lakhs, ex-showroom Delhi-img_8691.jpg

The 2017 Hyundai Verna. Launched at 8 lakhs, ex-showroom Delhi-img_8692.jpg

The 2017 Hyundai Verna. Launched at 8 lakhs, ex-showroom Delhi-img_8693.jpg

Quote:
Originally Posted by ph03n!x View Post
I'll say this on ride and handling of the new generation Verna (drove a friend's SX (O) AT Petrol extensively) - it's well sorted, way better than my 2013 model.
How do you rate Verna Petrol AT based on your driving experience, where does it stand compared to Diesel AT? With the revised Bangalore prices the Petrol SX(O) AT is 50K cheaper than Diesel SX+ AT and comes with all the bells and whistles. And Petrol SX(O) MT is a whopping 1.7L cheaper that Diesel SX(O) MT. I am starting to wonder if the Diesel engine is really worth this huge premium?

Last edited by X-Factor : 15th September 2017 at 21:32.
X-Factor is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 15th September 2017, 22:00   #921
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-Factor View Post
Also attaching the pictures of Autolink dongle. Looks like an advanced OBD.
There is an App in the Google Play Store. Check the link and description on what that does and what information is given out by that OBD dongle.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...ai.autolink.in
a4anurag is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th September 2017, 15:24   #922
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rameshwiz07 View Post
hey pathik, congrats and hope you are having a blast wit your ride !!

can you share headlight specifications(H4? ) of EX variant ?
Thanks buddy. I just checked the specs and it says "Phoenix H4 12V 60/55W". Hope that helps.
Old 18th September 2017, 11:50   #923
BHPian

Was looking for a good Petrol powered car in the ~15 lakh range and had narrowed down the Creta SX+
With the launch of the new Verna, the Creta feels like a barebones package for the top end petrol.

Here's what the Verna VTVT SX(O) gets over the Creta SX Plus (Petrol creta is not available in SXO)

* Verna is Rs 75000 cheaper
* Sunroof
* Side & curtain air bags
* Cruise control
* Ventilated seats
* Leatherette interiors (seats, door pad, armrest, gear lever, steering wheel)
* Adjustable arm rest
* Diamond cut alloys

* Auto headlamps
* Speed sensing door locks
* Rain sensing wipers
* Electrochromic mirror
* Smart trunk
* ISOFIX mount
* Burglar alarm
* Cooled glovebox
* Rear fog lamps
* Autolink app
* 465 litre boot vs 400 litre

The Verna is also around a 100 Kgs lighter. Combined with the more aerodynamic shape this would probably lead to better performance and mileage. The only thing I can think of that you miss out on the Verna is the additional ground clearance (170 mm vs 190 mm)

The Verna seems to be a much better deal than the Creta. What do you folks think? How's the rear seat space on the Creta vs the Verna?

Last edited by Silverfire : 18th September 2017 at 11:52. Reason: Typo
Silverfire is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 18th September 2017, 12:15   #924
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverfire View Post
The Verna seems to be a much better deal than the Creta. What do you folks think? How's the rear seat space on the Creta vs the Verna?
Thanks for articulating the differences between the Creta petrol and the Verna petrol so well. I went through the same thought process, test driving both vehicles before booking the Verna SX(O) AT Petrol.

I felt that the suspension of the Verna was more than adequate on bumpy roads. It cleared all the weirdly shaped speed-breakers that you find in Pune with no fuss. And the fact that it was a lower slung sedan meant that the driving dynamics was better than the Creta.

The rear seat space on the Verna felt slightly cramped as compared to the Creta but my usage is mostly solo or a single passenger up front so rear seat comfort was not a big criteria for me.

A big reason why I finally chose the Verna was the safety features, the better driving dynamics and the interiors that felt much better than the Creta.
ranjitnair77 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th September 2017, 16:10   #925
BHPian

Checked out the Verna yesterday when i went to get the side mirror switch replaced in my Creta and the car looks really good in person but the rear looks a bit narrow because of the oddly placed black strips on the bumper.
The interiors however failed to impress me , not only is the design ordinary , the plastic quality also was lower than my expectations , especially from a Hyundai. My Honda City's interiors are certainly better. (Verna is overall a better car for sure , especially the diesel)
Creta certainly feels worth the extra money now (It is still overpriced but relatively speaking) and interiors are wider and better finished in the Creta.
Old 18th September 2017, 20:13   #926
BHPian

Okay I have got another rookie query that I have to ask here. Dealer is saying that to give me price protection, they have got directive from Hyundai to generate invoice by tomorrow with full payment. Only after that, they would dispatch vehicles. That is option A.

Option B: Dealer is saying they will allow me PDI, but in that case they won't be able to give me car at pre-cess price. So in theory, I could choose to let go of ~20k more for Petrol SX Manual model just to be safe.

Option C: I cancel the booking (~1.5k cancellation fee, made them add it in the booking form) and choose to purchase the car next year January/February, when it will cost furthermore.

Option D: Can't think of any thing else.

So which option would you guys choose? I have booked from Trident Hosur, I will be making cash payment through online transfer by liquidating FDs.
Old 18th September 2017, 21:30   #927
BHPian

For those who've got the petrol top end automatic,

1. Kitna deti hai? Just curious to see how the petrol automatic model is being frugal. The older petrol auto was a notorious gas guzzler.

2. Do you guys really use the ventilated seats? Does it provide a noticeable difference?

3. How's the handling so far? The diesel being heavier would have different dynamics but how's the petrol handling?
Old 18th September 2017, 22:01   #928
Senior - BHPian

Well, if you choose to buy in Jan/Feb you will save a cool 10-15% in depreciation alone. Start thenew year on a new note. PDI is a must and Hyundai is just trying to arm twist. Never buy in a hurry.

Say youre cancelling and they will be begging you not to, giving in to your every whim. These are just tricks! Also regarding car models, you'll have more choices post-festive season, anyways.
Old 19th September 2017, 09:54   #929
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverfire View Post
Went to the showroom to compare the space in the 2 vehicles. Creta absolutely stomps over the Verna. First there is a big difference in the headroom. I am 5 feet 10 inches tall and the Verna leaves barely an inch or two over my head in the backseat. That swooping roof is the culprit. In fact I feel the reason they could not push back the rear seats any further to liberate more legroom is also because of the swoopy roof. Move back any further and your head will hit the rear glass.

With the seat adjusted for my driving position there is just an inch left between my legs and the front seat, when I sit in the rear. In the Creta there is 6-7 inches space left.

The net effect of low leg space and especially very little headroom means the feeling in the backseat is not airy and spacious at all. The only redeeming factor for the Verna was that the seats are contoured better and have better thigh support.
Silverfire is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th September 2017, 13:22   #930
BHPian

I must admit there is no roomy feeling once you step into the car be it rear or front, the thick and sloping roofline and the darkish interior making it worse.

India.com review notes an interesting point about dashboard layout.

Quote:
With all that said, the dashboard layout has consumed a lot of space at the front, which could have been designed in a better way to leverage more space at the front and rear seats.
And TopGear rates the car 8/10 with some curious observations. Quite ironic considering the previous gen Vernas were being criticised for it's ride and handling.

Quote:
Pros: Features, ride and handling
Cons: Braking

Verdict: The Verna is so good that the competition had better watch out
X-Factor is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks