Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 19th August 2017, 19:19   #481
Senior - BHPian

re: The 2017 Hyundai Verna. Launched at 8 lakhs, ex-showroom Delhi

Wow ! The bumper actually looks like it protrudes in a functional manner in a new car for once ! Good to see a practical design on a new car for once.
What is this Eco Coating mentioned ?
Old 19th August 2017, 20:11   #482
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
how can one expect this new, next-gen Verna's top-end diesel MT, with all of the above, to cost anywhere below 16L-16.5L OTR (given Hyundai's self-proclaimed "premium" positioning too)?
It that turns out to be true, I am going with the Vento TSi or Rapid TDi. Either in DSG guise and cheaper or same price as the Korean.
Old 19th August 2017, 20:30   #483
Senior - BHPian

The 2017 Hyundai Verna

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mortis View Post
Wow ! The bumper actually looks like it protrudes in a functional manner in a new car for once ! Good to see a practical design on a new car for once.
What is this Eco Coating mentioned ?

The bumper design is practical,not that the old Verna was bad, but a few additional mm is most welcome. Not sure how this looks in flesh. Could make the rear look rather heavy.

Eco quoting is something to do with the air con. Not sure what it is? Experts?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pedaltothefloor View Post
It that turns out to be true, I am going with the Vento TSi or Rapid TDi. Either in DSG guise and cheaper or same price as the Korean.

OT. The Rapid is coming in the Monte Carlo guise. Looks interesting.

The 2017 Hyundai Verna. Launched at 8 lakhs, ex-showroom Delhi-imageuploadedbyteambhp1503154752.640211.jpg

Pic courtesy: google.
Arjun Reddy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th August 2017, 22:49   #484
e46
BHPian

hmm, this car seems growing on me. has an aesthetic charm. tempted to book this piece in grey color.
my 3 yr old daughty and wifey would sure like this. She (the elder one) , just posted a pic of the Veyron the other day in FB! a car lover just like me. : )
e46 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th August 2017, 13:50   #485
BHPian

Here is a review of 2017 Verna. It is in hindi and might not be very polished, but does cover all the basic aspects of the car. Must say Hyundai has taken the game forward and it shows why this company is the second largest car manufacturer in our country.

PraNeel is online now   (12) Thanks
Old 20th August 2017, 14:20   #486
BHPian

I still think interior especially seat design is a miss, from review it seems good. But misses on telescopic steering I was expecting it
Old 20th August 2017, 14:23   #487
Senior - BHPian

If they have improved the ride quality and steering feel, the new Verna will be unbeatable because that was the only thing lacking in the current Verna.
stanjohn123 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 20th August 2017, 14:53   #488
BHPian

Does anyone know where and when is the launch happening? Has T-Bhp been invited?

I was told by my SA that official launch is on 21st at 6PM and he would know the price (ex-delhi) by tomorrow night. He said there is a soft launch in other cities on 22nd. He said he would work out the chennai price immediately and let me know tomorrow night.

Does anyone have any information on the launch? Any live links to see the launch?
drashkum is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th August 2017, 16:13   #489
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by PraNeel View Post
Here is a review of 2017 Verna
He starts off by saying that Hyundai has given it a very good "facelift".
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 20th August 2017, 18:43   #490
OSH
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
He starts off by saying that Hyundai has given it a very good "facelift".
This is happening even with the people out there, just last night I was with my friends and we were all helping a guy choose a new sedan when I mentioned Verna as an option and all were like, "Ya ya facelift is coming soon", believe me everyone thaught this was a facelift till I showed them the advt saying 'new generation'. First of all not everyone knows the meaning of a new generation car, now on top of that when a next gen car looks similar to a previous gen, only the manufacturer is to be blamed for this.

Even though I know it has a new platform and stuff, I myself see it like a mere facelift. Front looks so so same as the outgoing car and rear looks like a little beefed up Xcent with bumper inserts, sides are also somewhat same and to top it off the 16 inch alloys are not standing out compared to say 15 inchers.

According to me, people going for the Verna will be those who want a diesel and are shy of going for german cars. Even my friend wants a diesel and will choose only between the Verna, Ciaz and City.

Last edited by OSH : 20th August 2017 at 18:55.
OSH is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 20th August 2017, 23:46   #491
BHPian

Instantaneous fuel consumption on Verna. Just curious is this the first Hyundai to offer this? (Not sure about Elantra or Tucson etc.)
Attached Thumbnails
The 2017 Hyundai Verna. Launched at 8 lakhs, ex-showroom Delhi-1503252909704.jpg  

pathik is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st August 2017, 10:00   #492
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhishek46 View Post
There is nothing wrong with Family Faces/Grills. That is the identity of the Brand.

A lot of Manufacturers follow this 'Family Face' in their design language. For example:
- BMW
- Mercedes
- Audi
- RR
- Bentley
- Jaguar
- Land Rover (to some extent)
- Tesla
- Alfa Romeo
- Citroen

What is the harm with Hyundai following this philosophy?
This list contains either luxury or established brands that fetch a good snob value. These brands can manage to keep a family face and numeric model numbers for their entire lineup. Hyundai is nowhere near that yet.
PrashantPahwa is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st August 2017, 11:04   #493
Senior - BHPian

A potential buyer with a budget of 15L looking for a diesel AT sedan, There are very few options in the market currently. For those skeptical about the DSG, i guess verna diesel AT might appear as a practical option(Hoping they price it well).
Old 21st August 2017, 11:26   #494
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrashantPahwa View Post
This list contains either luxury or established brands that fetch a good snob value. These brands can manage to keep a family face and numeric model numbers for their entire lineup. Hyundai is nowhere near that yet.
Wow, I did not know that usage of Family Faces/Grills are reserved only for Luxury Marques.

About Hyundai being an established Brand or not, they are the fourth largest Automobile manufacturer in the WORLD. Hope that is established enough!
abhishek46 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st August 2017, 11:36   #495
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by OSH View Post
Even my friend wants a diesel and will choose only between the Verna, Ciaz and City.
I would consider the Figo Aspire too. Though a compact sedan, yet a Fun-to-drive engine that is also more efficient, good space here too, all the goodies. I wonder why Ford and Toyota don't have a proper C-segment AT/MT diesel here. They have a whole wardrobe of ready models which they can offer here.

I guess it's all about mindset. There's a particular mindset which would see Maruti-Hyundai-Mahindra-Tata and another type would see Ford-Honda-Skoda-VW as the better automobile. Agreed, the Germans are pathetic in critical service. Skoda is drastically improving for the better.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks