Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 31st July 2008, 13:39   #196
BHPian

As someone pointed out, it is looking a lot like Getz from the side.
Old 31st July 2008, 13:39   #197
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpbhatt View Post
I go downstairs to drop my younger son to school and do a customary check on my indigo and what do I see? a brand new Indica DLX ( check the snap of the sticker) parked in a remote corner not visible easily. I walked up to it to confirm and then ran upstairs all 7 floors ( lights had to die out at that moment) and ran down again with my mobile .The car had Goodyear tyres instead of the regular Bridgestone OE tyres. All snaps are from my mobile.
hey where did u get this car?? In Kothrud near MIT or on bhandarkar/prabhat road??
Old 31st July 2008, 13:42   #198
Senior - BHPian

Fit and finish of the panels and interiors looks so much better.
Old 31st July 2008, 13:44   #199
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tushky View Post
hey where did u get this car?? In Kothrud near MIT or on bhandarkar/prabhat road??
this is in Chinchwad -- i stay in a complex called Nakshatram -- its opposite the Tata Motors Factory in Chinchwad and this was parked inside our premises -- what I know is outsiders vehicles aren't allowed in the complex and one of the marketing managers from Tata Motors is my next door neighbour -- so its a wild guess from my side that he might have got it here .
Old 31st July 2008, 13:49   #200
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpbhatt View Post
this is in Chinchwad -- i stay in a complex called Nakshatram -- its opposite the Tata Motors Factory in Chinchwad and this was parked inside our premises -- what I know is outsiders vehicles aren't allowed in the complex and one of the marketing managers from Tata Motors is my next door neighbour -- so its a wild guess from my side that he might have got it here .
ahh okay...because one employee of ARAI stays in Kothrud.and he always drive test cars to his house. so i asked.
Old 31st July 2008, 13:59   #201
BHPian

Whoaaaa.

I wish somehow they do away with the centre mounted console.
But that doesnt seem to be a possibility right now.

Overall a great car. Thumbs up to Tata.
Old 31st July 2008, 14:00   #202
Team-BHP Support

I think it would be a good idea to water mark these images.

Nice catch
Old 31st July 2008, 14:05   #203
BHPian

Request to Mods -- can someone watermark the images above -- thanks
Old 31st July 2008, 14:07   #204
Senior - BHPian

@kpbhatt:

Nice catch.

The images prove that the car is nearing the launch. This one is not camouflaged at all.

The centrally placed speedo might not be liked by everyone.

I even noticed that the rim covers on this car are blocking the air vents to the brakes.
I hope they sort this out in the production version.

The car looks like it has lost its own identity, may be this is because we are all very famaliar with the present car and still lover the present version's looks.
Old 31st July 2008, 14:11   #205
tez
BHPian

to all the spark owners, dont u guys feel uncomfortable looking at the speedo and doesnt it divert your attention off the road for a longer duration. These inconveniences would be faced by buyers of V3.
Old 31st July 2008, 14:17   #206
Team-BHP Support

The only thing that has stopped me from considering the present day Indica was the dash.

I can make peace with bad service support, stupid sales folks and everything.
But I was not able to accept the ugly wave of plastic that is in the present Indi ca/go.

Atleast I am happy with this development.
Old 31st July 2008, 14:58   #207
BHPian

Ok I agree the instrument console looked a bit ugly (very ugly)
But it was functional. This one can divert attention from road.

Spark owners please comment
Old 31st July 2008, 18:03   #208
BANNED

The vehicle does resemble the GETZ, and looks appealing overall. However, the centrally mounted instrument cluster, in my opinion, is a safety hazard!

To me, this would be the single most deciding factor to 'BUY' or 'NOT BUY'.
Old 31st July 2008, 18:06   #209
tez
BHPian

do the tires also look skinny from the first pic or the shadow is playing tricks?
Old 31st July 2008, 18:33   #210
Team-BHP Support

Some notable points.
* It now sports a 3 spoke steering wheel. I prefer the 4 spoke one as it gives more opportunity to hook your fingers for a quick turn in emergencies.

* Dash is now smarter looking but I suspect is going to be more difficult to keep things on as they will either slide down or will go in towards the screen.

* The wheel arches are very well made out this time and also the gaps in between the wheels and the wheel wells is now at the acceptable limits.

By the way, everyone sounds so unhappy about the central console but I think it actually looks uber cool and also much much better put together in this version. I think looking at the console is anyhow going to be a glance mostly. That should not be a problem at all. Worldover lot many vehicles come with this configuration. And they do a lot of research and data collection before they come out with a design change.

Anyhow, we do change CDs, radio stations and lot many other things where we look away from the road for much longer than a simple glance that a console will take. In the simplest of cases we talk to our fellow passenger in the next seat and that is always more than a cursory glance. So its all a frame of mind really. I for one do not see this as an issue at all. At least not from a security point of view.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks