Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th January 2016, 13:15   #196
BHPian

Re: Skoda Octavia gets a new "Style Plus" variant; Anniversary Edition launched

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinj14 View Post
Thats really cool! Do google maps work through Android auto? If yes, then this is probably the only way to get a functioning satnav system through the existing HU! Would be amazing if you could put up pics of the HU with google maps and the android auto screen layout.
Yes google maps works. Here is an image. The resolution of the HU is just about average.
Attached Thumbnails
Skoda Octavia gets a new "Style Plus" variant; Anniversary Edition launched-img_20151018_151822781_hdr.jpg  

motor_breathing is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th January 2016, 18:36   #197
BHPian

One touch up and down for only the driver side window is not working on my Octavia. Is there a reset. I need to keep holding the button to open or close the window.

Edit: Resolved.

Need to switch on ignition. Down the window by pressing down button. Now up the window and close by pressing the button up and keep holding for about 3 seconds after the window is closed.

Last edited by hemanthisgreat : 28th January 2016 at 18:50.
Old 28th January 2016, 18:55   #198
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by motor_breathing View Post
Yes google maps works. Here is an image. The resolution of the HU is just about average.
Woww I thought google maps did not work or actually i have tried but its not worked. Is it available only on Android as I use an iphone.
Old 28th January 2016, 19:38   #199
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hemanthisgreat View Post
One touch up and down for only the driver side window is not working on my Octavia. Is there a reset. I need to keep holding the button to open or close the window.

Need to switch on ignition. Down the window by pressing down button. Now up the window and close by pressing the button up and keep holding for about 3 seconds after the window is closed.

This is actually the first sign of battery failure. Do get your car battery checked!
adi_petrolhead is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th January 2016, 20:33   #200
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hemanthisgreat View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by adi_petrolhead View Post
This is actually the first sign of battery failure. Do get your car battery checked!
+1 to what Adi said. Happened with my car as well though it was after the battery was replaced. Kindly get your battery checked.
shreyak_ss is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th February 2016, 09:48   #201
BHPian

Quote:
Frankly I would once again steer you away from the Octavia. If you want diesel, dsg and good rear bench comfort, go for the Jetta. If you just want a diesel and a good rear bench, go for the Corolla.

Adi- Do you still stick by your opine as above? I lost my Cruze LTZ Auto last August in a bad accident going to Bharuch and since then have been waiting..

With a Ertiga and i10 Auto in the garage, I am still undecided. Have gone through all threads and TD Germans, Koreans, Japanese, Americans. For few days I was almost sure to book the new Endy. Ford's unluck!

Somehow I get gravitated to Octy. I will go back to TD Jetta again over next Saturday. I am still skeptical about the service from Torque Skoda in Baroda.
Old 11th February 2016, 11:58   #202
Distinguished - BHPian

Why don't you wait for the new Superb to be launched in 2 weeks? For a marginally higher price, you will get a bigger more luxurious and more comfortable car that has a totally fresh and stunning design.
84.monsoon is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 11th February 2016, 15:14   #203
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by htanna View Post
Adi- Do you still stick by your opine as above? I lost my Cruze LTZ Auto last August in a bad accident going to Bharuch and since then have been waiting..

With a Ertiga and i10 Auto in the garage, I am still undecided. Have gone through all threads and TD Germans, Koreans, Japanese, Americans. For few days I was almost sure to book the new Endy. Ford's unluck!

Somehow I get gravitated to Octy. I will go back to TD Jetta again over next Saturday. I am still skeptical about the service from Torque Skoda in Baroda.

To sum it up, you have tried all cars and still like the Octy. So it's hard to change the decision now, but I won't recommend the TSI in any case. If you're going for TDI, you can take the risk, although I am not aware how may issues crop up with TDI DSG variants.

My TSI has been far from perfect, and is back at the garage again for a multi-clutch replacement as the clutch was slipping in some gears. Awaiting part from factory and then install, then programming.

For me, Torque Automotive ahmedabad has been a real blessing in disguise because they support me no matter what. They know that the Octy is an unreliable car and they never ever try to cheat me and always give the right diagnosis and attention the problems. Within 24 hours, they had already placed order for approval of multi-clutch under warranty under my car's VIN, already asked at dispatch dept for availability of part, and as soon as they heard back from the technical team's approval from the factory, the process was already done!

Now I am waiting for them to send the part so that these guys here can replace it. So no issues with Torque Ahmedabad as they are quite good. Don't know about the Baroda team, but if you have any problems, it can be dealt from Ahmedabad with online help too.

So the verdict, TDI DSG, your options are open, Octavia or Jetta, or you could wait till Diwali for the Tiguan, and I do suspect VW is looking to update the Jetta with more features sometime this year.

Waiting is the best game when buying a car, trust me! I have been holding off buying a GT TSI, and see how far the original car has come since launch day in terms of features, where as price has not change substantially.

If you have a budget of about 30 lakh, Endeavour seems a good buy too.
adi_petrolhead is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th February 2016, 15:26   #204
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by htanna View Post

No bias to jetta, but imagine this, you have to visit workshop every now and then to rectify one or other niggle (forget DSG issues which can last a month) after spending your hard earned money (read khun pasine ki kamai) you might regret. I was in the same dilemma when i saw the feature rich octy versus jetta, but then i choose to live with less features and hence less problems.

if you have budget of 30 big ones, i would say go with new X1 or 3er. The reason, even after buying octy, the itch will start in 3-4 years to upgrade to another luxo germans with 8-9 speed gearboxes. why not take the plunge only once.
just my 2 cents.
Mission_PGPX is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th February 2016, 15:28   #205
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 84.monsoon View Post
Why don't you wait for the new Superb to be launched in 2 weeks? For a marginally higher price, you will get a bigger more luxurious and more comfortable car that has a totally fresh and stunning design.

Well I really doubt the price difference is going to be just marginal. If it is - then it would be canabalism all over again.

I'm expecting a minimum 35-40% over and above the Octavia.

Also they might resort to their original scheme of launching just the L&K trim first. And keeping it maybe 10 lacs more expensive.

Then in later years they will come up with cheaper(?!) models like elegance (style plus) and ambition variants with a substantial price cut.

Found out from my local dealer yesterday about the price of style plus variant in diesel - on road price quoted was 25.9 lacs. A bit steep if you ask me. But then the superb won't cost anything lesser than 33-35 lacs.

Maybe put in another few lacs and upgrade to a 5,e or maybe the a6.
samyakmodi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th February 2016, 15:50   #206
BHPian

Quote:

So the verdict, TDI DSG, your options are open, Octavia or Jetta, or you could wait till Diwali for the Tiguan, and I do suspect VW is looking to update the Jetta with more features sometime this year.
After visiting Auto Expo,
VW Tiguan is one beautiful Car with loaded features like 4WD, Various Off Road Mode Selectees, HUD , Virtual Cockpit similar to the one in New Q7, Only LED Headlamps, Powered Tailgate etc. It almost feels As well equipped as that of the Q5. So an Insider From VW Germany who was at The Expo has told that it is The Poor Man's Audi Q5 and the Pricing Range would be in the League of the Fortuner or Above and it is not coming out until the end of the First quarter of 2017.
But Nevertheless, Its a Really Brilliant Car

Coming to the Updates on The Jetta, VW has changed the RCD510 System to the Newer one With Mirror Link and other Added Features along with new Alloy Wheels Design.
The Jetta Is still a Very Good VFM at 25L OTR Bangalore its priced same as the Octavia 1.8TSI Style Plus
nishithrao95 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st March 2016, 14:00   #207
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 84.monsoon
Why don't you wait for the new Superb
Well, I saw the Superb. As always, it IS superb! I tried my best to curtail the addition in new taxes, but in vain. I guess it makes more clear today on how the nex taxes will be applicable. I guess the additional 5% VAT in Gujarat can still be curtailed if any purchase is made before 1st April 2016. I do not think I want to invest in Skoda. My heart says to go for it but my brain says too much of risk involved.

Quote:
Originally Posted by adi_pertrolhead
Waiting is the best game when buying a car, trust me!
Ya, I had the same ideology in mind and was very confident about it till yesterday. Nevertheless, additional taxes do not force me to rethink on my ideology of earning to spend on something I like and what makes me happy. So I shall wait. Endy is the top of the line so far. I have re-thought of going back to Cruze with discounts only if they give me additional loyalty bonus. I also have an offer for 2013 LR FL2 HSE, 50,000 odd driven, at Rs. 26,00,000. So thinking about that as well. I definitely do not want to go for Skoda. I saw the Corolla Altis AT and Hyundai Elantra AT yesterday since yesterday was the 366th day (at the beginning of the year) for which I do not get paid. Will TD both cars in this week.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mission_PGPX
if you have budget of 30 big ones, i would say go with new X1 or 3er.
Maintenance, my friend! That is the reason I am taking time to decide about the LR as well. Rs. 40k per year is a high cost for car maintenance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nishithrao95
VW Tiguan is one beautiful Car with loaded features
Indeed. Now, I am thinking, that since I am already on the boat, why take the hassle to swim faster. Let it sail at its own pace. So back to square one. Wait and watch.
Old 1st April 2016, 00:11   #208
BHPian

So I plunged to get all paper work and payment done the Endy 2.2 Titanium. Waiting for the delivery. Thank you all for the insightful options.
htanna is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th May 2016, 18:58   #209
BHPian

has anyone purchased the style plus diesel here?

desperately need their feedback. planning to pick up one this monday
Old 1st June 2016, 02:00   #210
BHPian

Skoda Octavia gets a new "Style Plus" variant; Anniversary Edition launched

This is really surprising

Of so many of us here - none has brought the style plus diesel variant home?!?!?

Looks like I will have to take the leap of faith!!
samyakmodi is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks