Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th September 2015, 16:39   #46
BHPian

So anyone else booked the style plus variant? If so, what's the promised date of delivery.
Old 15th September 2015, 18:21   #47
BHPian

Re: Skoda Octavia gets a new "Style Plus" variant; Anniversary Edition launched

Dear all the members,
I am considering of buying a style plus TFSI variant in Delhi. Although I read most of the after sales service of the dealers in Delhi, I would like to know current satisfactory levels of these Dealers. Please advise on both about the long-term reliability (5-8 years) of the car and dealers' treatment (both car and the customer). Thanks

Last edited by Fstlndrive : 15th September 2015 at 18:22. Reason: spelling mistakes
Old 15th September 2015, 20:04   #48
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hemanthisgreat View Post
So anyone else booked the style plus variant? If so, what's the promised date of delivery.
I had booked the Elegance 1.8tsi and my car had already arrived last week at the dealers stockyard but since I was out of the country I delayed the delivery and that worked out great for me as now I could get the anniversary edition. I came back to India last night and went straight to the showroom today morning and changed my booking to the anniversary edition.

So here's what the difference is, they have brought down the price of the elegance by 50k and have got in the anniversary edition with a price difference of 65k between it and the regular elegance. They tried to play around with numbers to make me go in for the regular elegance itself which had already come in their stock yard but I sat with a calculator and the price list in front of them and finally they agreed to it, so the final difference that I pay as compared to what I was earlier paying for the elegance is only 15k. Changing the booking to the anniversary edition made complete sense. Plus I did also manage to squeeze out a little bit of discount using some contacts and I am getting the insurance done on my own which itself is saving me a lot of money.

They have not yet given me a confirmed delivery date as they say they themselves have no information on the stocks and they are yet to receive even a display car, they have only got the updated price list from Skoda. But hopefully by month end or early next month I should be able to get my hands on it. The showroom guys were pretty sure though that this is going to be a limited edition and not a new variant.

Regards,
VVB
Old 15th September 2015, 20:17   #49
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vvb8530 View Post
They have not yet given me a confirmed delivery date as they say they themselves have no information on the stocks and they are yet to receive even a display car, they have only got the updated price list from Skoda. But hopefully by month end or early next month I should be able to get my hands on it. The showroom guys were pretty sure though that this is going to be a limited edition and not a new variant.

Regards,
VVB
Even I have been promised delivery by around 10th October.

It does not make sense to have the style plus variant for a limited period. The added features are very useful.
Old 15th September 2015, 20:32   #50
BHPian

Quote:
Even I have been promised delivery by around 10th October.

It does not make sense to have the style plus variant for a limited period. The added features are very useful.
Absolutely agree. And with the addition of these features there is not a single feature that i can think of wanting in a car that is missing on the Octavia. Earlier I was pissed about not having paddle shifters like the Jetta and not having a reverse camera which my Innova also has but just the addition of these 2 features there is nothing else that i need and of course the start/stop button is an additional fun gimmick that i like just maybe keyless entry with request sensors too would have probably been better

What have they left for adding on to a facelift??
Old 15th September 2015, 20:38   #51
BHPian

I have been told that the delivery period is 8 weeks. Haven't booked though.

Last edited by arpandiv : 15th September 2015 at 20:38. Reason: Typo
Old 16th September 2015, 00:18   #52
sud
BHPian

I am planning to book one this week. Is it worth going for skoda shield?
Old 16th September 2015, 08:31   #53
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sud View Post
I am planning to book one this week. Is it worth going for skoda shield?
Are they offering Skoda shield? Is skoda shield just 2 years extended warranty? If so, it's a must.

Also for insurance, go for drive assure elite. If they quote more, get Bajaj allianz from outside, then they will match the price.
Old 16th September 2015, 08:55   #54
sud
BHPian

Quote:
Are they offering Skoda shield? Is skoda shield just 2 years extended warranty? If so, it's a must.

Also for insurance, go for drive assure elite. If they quote more, get Bajaj allianz from outside, then they will match the price.
Yes they are offering skoda sheild. My understanding is that it is additional 2 years/100000 km extended warranty. Yes I am thinking to go for drive assure elite. But if you take the insurance from outside do they provide skoda shield?
Old 16th September 2015, 09:43   #55
BHPian

Quote:
Yes they are offering skoda sheild. My understanding is that it is additional 2 years/100000 km extended warranty. Yes I am thinking to go for drive assure elite. But if you take the insurance from outside do they provide skoda shield?
If you take Bajaj allianz from outside, they should not have any issues, since they also offer Bajaj allianz. However, tell them this before booking. However, they should be able to match the quote.

The 2 years extended warranty is about 20k.
hemanthisgreat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th September 2015, 12:09   #56
sud
BHPian

I did a booking for 1.8 TSI anniversary edition with TAFE Bangalore.
Color: Huh the toughest part. The color is yet to be confirmed. I have asked for Race blue if it is available otherwise cappuccino beige.
Insurance: I have asked for 'skoda drive assure elite' and going to wait for them to come back with price. I am also checking with external party.
Cancellation policy: Got the verbal confirmation on cancellation amount.
Delivery date: around 1st week of october
Informed them about predelivery inspection before vehicle registration.

Now I need to start thinking about accessories. This is what I am considering atleast right now:
1. Change the tyres. Any make / model / vendor(bangalore) suggestions?
2. Paddle shift extenders. Any make / model / vendor(bangalore) suggestions?
3. 3D or 3M Mats
4. Some tools (Hydraulic jack, tow ropes etc..)
5. Is it worth going for any paint protection / underbody treatments right now?
sud is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th September 2015, 12:30   #57
BHPian

Quote:
I did a booking for 1.8 TSI anniversary edition with TAFE Bangalore.
Color: Huh the toughest part. The color is yet to be confirmed.
Congratulations I know color choice is the toughest part. I chose white. But still confused.

Quote:
Cancellation policy: Got the verbal confirmation on cancellation amount.
Delivery date: around 1st week of october
Same delivery date promised for me as well. If you are able to PM, pm me about the cancellation policy. PM as to who from Tafe is handling your booking. Any discounts offered?

Quote:
Now I need to start thinking about accessories. This is what I am considering atleast right now:
3. 3D or 3M Mats
5. Is it worth going for any paint protection / underbody treatments right now?
I have already bought beige color Maxpider Kagu 3d mats from autofresh. It has already been delivered.

I have spoken to Mohsin from Ultimate Detailerz for C quartz finest treatment. Will be getting the body as well as interiors done from him.

Keep in touch about the delivery. I guess we both will get delivery at the same time.
Old 16th September 2015, 12:36   #58
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by motor_breathing View Post
A limited edition is coming up for celebrating 120th anniversary of skoda.
it has paddles, 8 air bags, updated touch screen (same size), start button etc. I have booked the same. Delivery time is not confirmed yet.. I have already ordered a flat bottom steering with paddles, looks like i have to sell it.
FYI - I was informed by Skoda that the paddle shifts are only on the diesel Elegance, not on the petrol Elegance. Depending on which model you purchased you should re-check this with the dealer anyway.
Old 16th September 2015, 13:00   #59
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axe77 View Post
FYI - I was informed by Skoda that the paddle shifts are only on the diesel Elegance, not on the petrol Elegance. Depending on which model you purchased you should re-check this with the dealer anyway.
I just confirmed with the dealer. It's available on both the diesel and 1.8tsi.
Old 16th September 2015, 13:37   #60
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
I just confirmed with the dealer. It's available on both the diesel and 1.8tsi.
Thanks for the update. Just shows how much these sales people really know at times. I asked him repeatedly and he categorically informed me paddle shifts only on Diesel and not Petrol

:-)

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks