Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th September 2015, 06:56   #61
BHPian

Does anybody knows if Tafe in Bangalore has a display or test drive car of the new Skoda Octavia style plus.
Old 18th September 2015, 10:34   #62
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Skoda Octavia gets a new "Style Plus" variant; Anniversary Edition launched

Nopes, no-one has yet. Display vehicle expected early October.

The official press release with some further details of the new HU : http://www.skoda-auto.co.in/news/sko...ersary-edition

From the Aussie site:http://www.skoda.com.au/models/octavia/smartlink

Last edited by itwasntme : 18th September 2015 at 10:45. Reason: Web
Old 18th September 2015, 18:24   #63
BHPian

A fellow bhpian who inquired with Autobahn in Bombay has also been told that paddle shifters will come only on the diesel and not the petrol, even the skoda customer care helpline has confirmed this to him. My dealer JMD though has not mentioned anything of this sort. I just hope Skoda does not make this stupid move of not providing paddle shifters on an engine like the 1.8tsi which probably deserves the paddle shifters more than the diesel.
Old 18th September 2015, 18:31   #64
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vvb8530 View Post
A fellow bhpian who inquired with Autobahn in Bombay has also been told that paddle shifters will come only on the diesel and not the petrol, even the skoda customer care helpline has confirmed this to him. My dealer JMD though has not mentioned anything of this sort. I just hope Skoda does not make this stupid move of not providing paddle shifters on an engine like the 1.8tsi which probably deserves the paddle shifters more than the diesel.
Must be the 1.4 Tsi. If the style plus variant is available in 1.4 Tsi.

My dealer did confirm that it's included in the 1.8tsi. Maybe will get to know when we get delivery

Motor_breathing will take delivery of 1.8tsi next week. So we will all get to know.

Last edited by hemanthisgreat : 18th September 2015 at 18:46.
Old 18th September 2015, 18:56   #65
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hemanthisgreat View Post

My dealer did confirm that it's included in the 1.8tsi. Maybe will get to know when we get delivery

Motor_breathing will take delivery of 1.8tsi next week. So we will all get to know.
I hope so as it makes no sense otherwise.

I have still no information on a delivery date for my booking.
Old 19th September 2015, 00:02   #66
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by hemanthisgreat View Post

The paddle shifters were only meant for elegance trim so I don't think they were confusing it between 1.4 and 1.8 tsi. I think the first delivery will helpfully clarify this. Autobahn was quite categoric to me as well in saying it's not offered on petrol.

I really hope they're wrong ... that sweet petrol motor begs paddles.
Old 19th September 2015, 12:06   #67
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axe77 View Post
The paddle shifters were only meant for elegance trim so I don't think they were confusing it between 1.4 and 1.8 tsi. I think the first delivery will helpfully clarify this. Autobahn was quite categoric to me as well in saying it's not offered on petrol.

I really hope they're wrong ... that sweet petrol motor begs paddles.
I asked fellow bhpian Dippy to check with his contacts at Skoda and he checked with one of the marketing managers at Skoda who confirmed to him that the 1.8tsi anniversary edition will also come with paddle shifters.
Old 19th September 2015, 16:05   #68
BHPian

I also checked with my dealer, who confirmed that the tsi 1.8 comes with paddle shifters in the anniversary version.
Old 19th September 2015, 16:05   #69
BHPian

Spoke to my sales rep in autobahn. He has reconfirmed that 1.8 TSI will come with paddle shifts. Really confused on what should be done. This car has everything except the badge :-)
arpandiv is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st September 2015, 15:28   #70
Distinguished - BHPian

Anyone seen a proper picture of the new steering wheel yet? Is it the current round one with the addition of paddle-shifters or is it a flat-bottomed one like the face-lifted Jetta's?
Old 21st September 2015, 15:42   #71
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
Anyone seen a proper picture of the new steering wheel yet? Is it the current round one with the addition of paddle-shifters or is it a flat-bottomed one like the face-lifted Jetta's?
I am guessing it will be the same steering from the current Superb. From our official review:

Gannu_1 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 23rd September 2015, 17:47   #72
BHPian

Has anyone got any update with regards to their deliveries?

My dealer here in Bombay says they still have no idea when they will get the first car so they cannot give me any commitment yet.

No pictures of the anniversary edition available either anywhere.
Old 23rd September 2015, 19:18   #73
BHPian

I am going for test drive of 1.8 TSI tomorrow. Should I look specifically any issues (such as jerkiness, squeaks, etc) during the test drive? Any advise would help me. Thanks.

Hi vvb8530, the dealer says the style plus will be available in 4-6 weeks. He also states this style plus variant and the pricing is available for only in this month. Is it true? He also told me that if I book in this month, the price will not change when I take the delivery (i.e. after 6 weeks) even if the price increases (the increase is from next month, according to him). Is this also correct? If anyone sheds light on this, it will also be of a great help. Thanks.

Last edited by Fstlndrive : 23rd September 2015 at 19:23. Reason: Add more info
Old 25th September 2015, 00:43   #74
BHPian

As I have posted earlier as well I had booked a Octavia 1.8tsi Elegance in Black which had arrived at the dealer stock yard 2 weeks back from now and since the anniversary edition was announced last week i changed my booking to that and did not take the car that they had got for me.

Today I got a call from my SA that they are ready to offer me a discount of 1.5 Lacs on the OTR price if i accept the car that they have in stock with them which was ordered for me. So that is 1.5Lacs less that the price of the Anniversary edition and 1Lac less than the price of the regular Elegance.

The deal sounded too good to be true but the SA assures me that its the same car that they had got for me and has arrived only 2 weeks back, he is ready to share the VIN details with me as well as get the car from their stockyard for me to inspect.

Although the head says its a great deal the heart is stuck on the anniversary edition whether those 4 to 5 new features are worth forfeiting a discount of 1.5Lacs I do not know but I do know that I am looking forward to every single one of these new features and missing out on them I may repent later. After spending the entire day thinking about it, discussing with fellow Bhpians, and family I have decided to not take up this deal even though a 1.5Lac discount on a fairly new car with a fairly good demand (at least they are not able to match up to the demand) is sounding tempting even as I am typing this. I am sticking with my booking of the Anniversary Edition whenever it comes, however in case if anyone else In Bombay may be interested in a Black 1.8tsi Elegance at a price that is 1Lac cheaper than the OTR price do let me know and maybe I can speak to my SA and someone else could take the benefit of this offer.

VVB
Old 25th September 2015, 07:20   #75
BHPian

Skoda Octavia gets a new "Style Plus" variant; Anniversary Edition launched

Good decision. Mirror link (with navigation), rvcam, more airbags are very tough to retrofit. Paddles can be added easily but the other features are definitely worth the extra lakh.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks