Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th September 2015, 23:29   #31
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sud View Post
Took the test drive of 1.8 TSI at Tafe showroom in Hosur road. Just blown away by the engine and the smooth power delivery.

I think you are the only one in India if not in the entire world to take a TD of an Octavia TSI. Congratulations on that first. The steering is amazing in traffic. Though I loved the Laura steering and build quality better.
cedricsg is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 13th September 2015, 05:22   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sud View Post
As per SA there are no discounts being offered. Any idea if discounts are being offered on this in Bangalore?
If you take the white elegance 1.8tsi, you may get a discount of 50000 maybe more if you bargain. This is not the anniversary version. No discounts for anniversary version though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cedricsg View Post
I think you are the only one in India if not in the entire world to take a TD of an Octavia TSI. Congratulations on that first. The steering is amazing in traffic. Though I loved the Laura steering and build quality better.
I test drove it 2 weeks back and booked. Did not test drive any other car. It's amazing to drive.
hemanthisgreat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th September 2015, 06:52   #33
Team-BHP Support

Re: Skoda Octavia : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by cedricsg View Post
I think you are the only one in India if not in the entire world to take a TD of an Octavia TSI. Congratulations on that first.
Why is this so? Skoda has been reluctant to provide test drives? Or only TDi versions are available for test?
Old 13th September 2015, 07:09   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Why is this so? Skoda has been reluctant to provide test drives? Or only TDi versions are available for test?
Since TSI does not sell in large numbers, they do not keep a test drive vehicle. However, Tafe in Bangalore has a test drive 1.8tsi Octavia.
Old 13th September 2015, 07:10   #35
BHPian

only TDIs available for test drive, example in bombay, skoda has a couple of dealers.
JMD - Only TDI
Senator - Only TDI, TSI in workshop for repairs
Autobahn - Has TDI + TSI for test drive, but they share test drive cars between 2 of their showrooms, so on a weekend, its difficult to get a slot in the showroom of your choice.

Finally test drove the TSI yesterday, superb driving pleasure! Steering feels a bit weird when in sports mode and accelerating.
Old 13th September 2015, 07:26   #36
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arpandiv View Post
TSI in workshop for repairs
This was also the case in Bangalore. Then they repaired is soon and got me the test drive.

This worries me about the reliability of the Tsi.
Old 13th September 2015, 08:29   #37
sud
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arpandiv View Post
Finally test drove the TSI yesterday, superb driving pleasure! Steering feels a bit weird when in sports mode and accelerating.
Exactly the same feeling I had. It felt as if it was not firm and I need to hold it very tight than the usual.
Old 14th September 2015, 02:41   #38
BHPian

I got to test drive the 1.8Tsi as well around last month through Senator in Mumbai before booking one with JMD. By the way I have heard that Senator has been thrown out as a dealer by Skoda due to malpractices, their Powai showroom is already shut.
Old 14th September 2015, 15:27   #39
Team-BHP Support

Skoda has announced the launch of the Octavia Anniversary Edition at prices starting from Rs. 15.75 lakh (ex-showroom Delhi).

Skoda Octavia gets a new "Style Plus" variant; Anniversary Edition launched-octavia-new03.jpg

Link to Team-BHP News Article
Aditya is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 14th September 2015, 19:05   #40

Anniversary edition launch is a bit unclear on features and pricing to me, as the features stated are part of the new top end model 'Style Plus'. I tried requesting details online, only to receive confusing information from the customer service guy over phone. Planning to visit the dealer to gather more info.
Old 14th September 2015, 19:28   #41
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by koshykv View Post
Anniversary edition launch is a bit unclear on features and pricing to me, as the features stated are part of the new top end model 'Style Plus'. I tried requesting details online, only to receive confusing information from the customer service guy over phone. Planning to visit the dealer to gather more info.
Anniversary edition and style plus are the same. Usually such anniversary editions are available for limited time period only. However, seems like Skoda is going to retain this trim, hence have named it style plus.
Old 15th September 2015, 07:10   #42
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hemanthisgreat View Post
Anniversary edition and style plus are the same. Usually such anniversary editions are available for limited time period only.
It doesn't seem to make much sense. How can they announce the StylePlus variant at 15.xx lakhs regardless of whether they call it an Anniversary edition or something else? The confusion still remains wrt the variants on offer. Skoda doesn't seem to believe they have got a good website and its Indian customers use it.
Old 15th September 2015, 07:27   #43
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhaskaracs View Post
It doesn't seem to make much sense. How can they announce the StylePlus variant at 15.xx lakhs regardless of whether they call it an Anniversary edition or something else? The confusion still remains wrt the variants on offer. Skoda doesn't seem to believe they have got a good website and its Indian customers use it.
The information on the website seems to be wrong. Style plus is only available on the 1.8tsi and the top end diesel models. There is no style plus@ 15 lakhs.
Old 15th September 2015, 07:30   #44
Team-BHP Support

Re: Skoda Octavia gets a new "Style Plus" variant; Anniversary Edition launched

Skoda Octavia gets a new "Style Plus" variant. Posts moved to a new thread.
Old 15th September 2015, 08:50   #45
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Skoda Octavia gets a new "Style Plus" variant; Anniversary Edition launched

Quote:
Originally Posted by hemanthisgreat View Post
The information on the website seems to be wrong. Style plus is only available on the 1.8tsi and the top end diesel models. There is no style plus@ 15 lakhs.
You are absolutely right. Either by mistake or on purpose (taking misleading advertising to its zenith!) they have displayed the 1.4 TSI Ambition's price of 15.45L )ex-MH) as the 'starting price' of the fully loaded Style+ models which actually start at 19.42L!

See the screenshot attached. Doesn't bode well for Skoda India if they cannot be transparent on their own website. They made similar silly claims with the Rapid 'Anniversary Edition' implying that the DSG mdoels would 'start' at 6.99L
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Octavia erroneous price screenshot.pdf (167.2 KB, 402 views)

Last edited by itwasntme : 15th September 2015 at 08:51. Reason: Formatting

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks