Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th October 2015, 17:37   #16
BHPian

re: VW directs dealers to stop physical delivery of Polo! EDIT: It's a handbrake issue

Oh dearie me. For sure, this has to do with some serious issue that could be caused due to certain part/parts.

Considering that the Polo is the last model that was updated very recently, I don't see any other reason for this unexpected directive. My money is on a part that is used just about at all time during the usage of the car, like the engine, or the steering, or the brakes, or the battery perhaps. Something that can cause immediate & irreversible damage, if not contained immediately! Rotten year for VW, IMO.
Old 7th October 2015, 17:38   #17
BHPian

I did call up my dealer too. So the circular is real and has been received by my dealer as well. i took delivery of my polo GT Tsi 2 weeks ago. this sounds very dishearening. however , i am hoping it is just a small issue. fingers crossed.
Old 7th October 2015, 17:49   #18
BHPian

re: VW directs dealers to stop physical delivery of Polo! EDIT: It's a handbrake issue

I don't know why they cant just say stop delivery instead of stop physical delivery. For a moment there I thought they had other types of delivery (like virtual delivery - downloadable cars, anyone?) and were only stopping 'physical deliveries'

'Stop all deliveries' is simple enough and to the point.
chncar is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 7th October 2015, 17:59   #19
k36
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chncar View Post
I don't know why they cant just say stop delivery instead of stop physical delivery. For a moment there I thought they had other types of delivery (like virtual delivery - downloadable cars, anyone?) and were only stopping 'physical deliveries'

'Stop all deliveries' is simple enough and to the point.
They want to physically stop customers from taking delivery!
I can imagine a showroom full of bouncers

Jokes apart, I am waiting for my Polo GT TSI delivery this month. Hope things get sorted out soon.
k36 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th October 2015, 18:04   #20
Team-BHP Support

Even I am confused with the "physical" deliveries part. Does it mean "mental" deliveries are allowed and the buyer has to imagine he is receiving delivery of his new Polo from now on?
Vid6639 is offline   (18) Thanks
Old 7th October 2015, 18:05   #21
Senior - BHPian

I heard from VW service that some recent 2015 Polos had a rear windshield fitment issue which causes water to seep in as the glass is not sticked properly. The diagnosis is to push the glass from inside and see if it's moving.

Not sure if the stop delivery notification is related to this.
Sankar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th October 2015, 18:06   #22
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chncar View Post
I don't know why they cant just say stop delivery instead of stop physical delivery. 'Stop all deliveries' is simple enough and to the point.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
Even I am confused with the "physical" deliveries part.
LOL It might just mean that dealers can do delivery-related activities like PDI, registration, etc. but just don't hand it over to the customer. But yeah, an additional word just introduces more confusion.

Last edited by arunphilip : 7th October 2015 at 18:08.
arunphilip is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th October 2015, 18:14   #23
Senior - BHPian

Something fishy here, I am 100 % sure. For VW, currently Polo only gets some decent volumes in India. Its already in market for last few years. So its difficult to have some other issue in it, so I am sure its related to pollution issue only. Don't see any other reason for it. Surely VW is in big trouble now, all over world they have messed it up. All their sister companies are also involved.

Indian government should also probe and look into pollution issue for their vehicles sold in India. If found guilty, they should be penalized so heavily that no other company should dare to do such things again. It will send strong message across the world and nobody can take India for granted.
Old 7th October 2015, 18:19   #24
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aniketi View Post
Something fishy here, I am 100 % sure. For VW, currently Polo only gets some decent volumes in India. Its already in market for last few years. So its difficult to have some other issue in it, so I am sure its related to pollution issue only. .
In that case, it should be Polo diesel only or it should include all the diesel VW cars in India.
This circular was for all Polo cars, regardless of engine type or gearbox.

Funny thing is, for their DSG gearbox issues, they didn't budge knowing the numerous cases of complaints.
Now I wonder what really this is for.

Last edited by tharian : 7th October 2015 at 18:28.
Old 7th October 2015, 18:39   #25
Team-BHP Support

As far as I understand, physical delivery here implies that the bookings are still on. However, no car would be delivered to customers till the issue is cleared by VW.

Hope there are no more "cheats" that have caught the attention of the management after the recent scandal.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th October 2015, 18:42   #26
BHPian

"Stop all physical deliveries" would mean - continue to accept new orders, offer TD and do marketing as usual, but do not hand over the car to the customer. I feel this must be a minor issue that slipped past QA and needs to be fixed. VW is probably being proactive about fixing it before delivery, instead of doing a recall. That said, there might still be a recall of recently delivered cars. I am hoping there will be clarity soon enough and that this "stop" directive will be withdrawn in a week or two.
PatchyBoy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th October 2015, 18:52   #27
BHPian

As some members are speculating, this does seem like something slipped past quality control and they are gauging the extent or the models which might be affected. Otherwise there seems no reason to stop one particular model when half of VW/ Skoda portfolio share parts with Polo.

But with this news already in popular media, it is surprising that VW has not clarified this issue yet. They can ill affords another negative PR at this stage.
Old 7th October 2015, 18:55   #28
BHPian

I just saw the news on this and its shocking to say the least. When they say its not due to the scandal but some other "technical issue" it really sounds fishy. They should come out clean and give the reason too. Lots of buyers will be waiting for their delivers and it will be really frustrating when they get to know that it has been put off with no reason at all.
Old 7th October 2015, 19:02   #29
BHPian

This is quite interesting. It has to be much more serious than just emission scandal and by the looks it may be affecting all the Polo cars.
This stop delivery is coming from a company that has no qualms about creating cheat devices so definitely not some minor issue.

The bigger question is what about already delivered ones?
Old 7th October 2015, 19:27   #30
Distinguished - BHPian

Official statement released by Volkswagen India:

Quote:
“Volkswagen India has confirmed a temporary hold on deliveries of its carline Polo due to a technical reason which is currently under evaluation.
This concerns a limited number of cars out of a specific production period.
Volkswagen further confirms that deliveries for the non-impacted Polo range continues as per schedule.
Volkswagen would like to clarify that the temporary hold on deliveries is not related to the ongoing EA 189 diesel engine topic.”
Motoroids
RavenAvi is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks