Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th October 2015, 00:13   #121
BHPian

Well, the issue has been clarified.
http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/b...w/49275569.cms
Old 9th October 2015, 02:36   #122
Distinguished - BHPian

re: VW directs dealers to stop physical delivery of Polo! EDIT: It's a handbrake issue

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbppjpr View Post
Wow! 8 pages have been filled for a topic of minor recall of 300-400 cars. ... ... ...
Not really: it is not the recall that started all this, it was the unexplained urgent cessation of delivery, not clarified until people had had time to react. The reaction was not unreasonable.

Let me rewrite that stupid communication: "Due to small technical issue with some brake-cable clips there is a remote chance of handbrake failure. Please do not deliver any Polos until we can be sure which vehicles are affected and make the necessary small adjustment blah blah blah..... Full information will be provided in a technical bulletin with 24 hours."

VW... Can I have a job?
Thad E Ginathom is offline   (20) Thanks
Old 9th October 2015, 08:23   #123
Senior - BHPian

re: VW directs dealers to stop physical delivery of Polo! EDIT: It's a handbrake issue

Clarity of communication should have been the key, rather than provide a vague statement leaving car owners scratching their heads. A car is a major buying decision and one that demands manufacturers to atleast respect the sentiment that goes alongside. Unnecessary stress for the VW owners.
coolkurt is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th October 2015, 10:25   #124
BHPian

Frankly I don't know what to believe of this company anymore. Having heard and seen so much of the 'skodagate' is it that surprising that the parent company is behaving as such? Lies, Lies and more Lies. This company and its subsidiaries have no qualms lying everyone's faces. It would be scary to see them recover from this because these are a clear sign of corporate vision being skewered. When in trouble, I wouldn't want my family in a car from them, even if they have cleared their name because they will do what they can to make sure their name is in the clear. No matter the cost. Expecting auto makers to have a heart is like believing Shell would stop mining in the arctic for environmental reasons.
Old 9th October 2015, 10:40   #125
BHPian

This is the best time to buy a second hand VW car by negotiating a really sweet price. The used car market for VW must be badly hurt
Old 9th October 2015, 11:06   #126
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by paddu View Post
I got a call from VW yesterday. They told me that as my car was a 1.5 TDI , the ECU has to be "reprogrammed". They said my chasis number has been identified as the car which has to be recalled.
They said they are doing this under goodwill. On asking further, the lady told me that it was something to do with the indicators on the instrument cluster. She obviously did not no much so I just booked a time for my visit to the workshop.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Guess there are two issues here-

1. A technical issue with brakes that has forced Volkswagen to stop delivery of Polo cars. This is applicable to all Polo models.

2. A silent recall for the 1.5l TDi for some ECU remap. No confirmation from VW on this, and not clear if it has anything to do with the diesel gate scandal and the proposed ARAI investigations.

So, now it is clear (hope it is) that stopping the physical deliveries was due to an issue with the handbrake

But what is it with this 'reprogramming' that BHPian paddu's car is called for
hemanth.anand is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th October 2015, 12:08   #127
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbppjpr View Post
Wow! 8 pages have been filled for a topic of minor recall of 300-400 cars.
This wouldn't even be in news hadn't the dieselgate happened. VW has ever since been on international media spotlight. It is just pure bad timing to get such an ambiguous communication out. Infact in one case mentioned in this thread, the customer knew about the stop-sale and the dealer didn't.

Bad publicity isn't helping their brand perception.
Old 9th October 2015, 12:53   #128
Team-BHP Support

I had taken delivery of a Polo GT TSi on 2nd October. Looks like my car is one of the 389 cars that need recall.

Got a call today morning from my dealership that they are recalling my car to change a component in the hand brake. They will send a driver to take the car and after the replacement will deliver the car back in the afternoon.
graaja is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 9th October 2015, 15:31   #129
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by graaja View Post
I had taken delivery of a Polo GT TSi on 2nd October. Looks like my car is one of the 389 cars that need recall.

Got a call today morning from my dealership that they are recalling my car to change a component in the hand brake. They will send a driver to take the car and after the replacement will deliver the car back in the afternoon.

Have to appreciate VW reaching out to affected car owners...but is it too late?

Would they have been better off contacting the owners and then releasing a release to that effect? :rolleyes:
AbhiIyengar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th October 2015, 15:47   #130
GTO
Team-BHP Support

All that misery, grief & worry over a handbrake? Who would've thought?

The slow coach that VW India is just shows in the turnaround time - It took them 24 HOURS after the leak to come out with a clarification.

Wasn't there anyone at office on the 7th of October who could have said "Guys, lets issue a clarification immediately / before we close the office today". It took them 24 HOURS to tell the public that it's a small handbrake defect.

This, after the recent emissions scam. Seriously - VW India is just too darn slow.
GTO is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 9th October 2015, 16:34   #131
Team-BHP Support

Totally agree. My pal (a GT owner) and I were just discussing this yday that this was truly a PR disaster - that too when VW is in the news of late for the most grievous practices. They should have managed the information much better and clearly clarified what the minor issue was. There's been all sorts of conjecture as a result of their (mis)communication strategy.
Old 9th October 2015, 17:44   #132
BHPian

Hi. My GT Tsi is also part of the recall. They need 1 to 2 hours to change the brake liners in the rear wheels as they have found that some of the cars in the batch had problems when handbrake was engaged.

Was offered pick up and drop of the car. But i guess i will be going to the service centre to watch my brake liners changed.

Also he mentioned there isnt any issues with driving the car as such.

Will keep the forum posted.
ngauravmalhotra is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th October 2015, 19:19   #133
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
.. Seriously - VW India is just too darn slow.
I have a feeling its gotta do with the system that's been implemented in these corporations. A step by step procedure for each and everything, needing approvals, and what not.

Makes them handicapped in situations like these.
Old 9th October 2015, 19:29   #134
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by graaja View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by ngauravmalhotra View Post
Hi. My GT Tsi is also part of the recall.

Will keep the forum posted.

Hi graaja and gaurav, do you guys have the exact date of manufacture of your cars?
If not the exact date then atleast the month of manufacture?
Old 9th October 2015, 19:40   #135
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by freedom View Post
Hi graaja and gaurav, do you guys have the exact date of manufacture of your cars?
If not the exact date then atleast the month of manufacture?
mine is a sep 2015 model as per the VIN. i am not sure if they disclose the date of manufacturing to us.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks