Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th October 2015, 22:21   #91
Senior - BHPian

Re: Maruti Ertiga Facelift caught at dealer stockyard

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoIndian View Post
I had been to Wonder Cars, Chinchwad, Pune this evening. Strangely the facelift Ertiga has not yet arrived at the dealer, though it has left the factory. Probable launch will be next Saturday, 24th Oct. On asking if I can get a brochure, the SA mentioned that, though the brochures have arrived, even they are not allowed to see it, very strange. In this digital world, when the brochure is available online, these guys are cannot even print and keep some copies for prospective customers.
Friends, though it is a bit over here, just wanted to keep you posted that I have shifted loyalties overnight .

I was really looking forward to the Ertiga SHVS. However the uncertainty of its launch, here in Pune and the more uncertainty about getting the first lot of cars, really put me off. I wanted to go only for that car, which I would get before Diwali. Moreover I wanted a rear wheel drive car, which can carry additional loads with ease and would be abuse friendly. The TUV fitted the bill to the "T". Hence the choice.

Further details of my accidental match-up with the TUV can be read on the TUV thread over here (message#1099)---->http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...-lakhs-74.html
AutoIndian is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 20th October 2015, 12:00   #92
Distinguished - BHPian

The Ertiga facelift has started it's arrival at Maruti-Suzuki dealerships. However, a prospective buyer will need to wait for at least a month before he gets his new Ertiga.

Quote:
The manufacturer had started bookings for the revised Ertiga, which has slowly started arriving at the dealerships. It will take about a month for a prospective buyer to get his hands on a new car.

The refreshed arrival of the Ertiga will definitely seek to liven up things in the MPV segment. Prospective buyers won't get the car as soon as they book it, but Maruti Suzuki dealerships are promising a timely delivery, especially before the festive season comes to an end.
RavenAvi is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 20th October 2015, 12:19   #93
Senior - BHPian

Is the odd folding 3rd row of Ertiga fixed in this facelift?
Old 20th October 2015, 16:43   #94
Distinguished - BHPian

Motoroids has posted a comprehensive review of the Ertiga SHVS. Model reviewed is a ZDI+.

Quote:
The Auto/Start stop function can be deactivated via a switch, while we only managed to make it work a couple times for the entire duration the car was with us. Also when dropping the anchors sedately, brake energy regeneration kicks in, but one has to keep that left foot away from the clutch. Brakes are on the spongier side, but assisted with ABS and EBD, they bring the Ertiga to a halt in a civilized manner even from higher speeds.

What assists the motors though is the new SHVS tech that assists the engine till 2500 rpm for additional shove, stores energy generated during braking in the electrical system and Starts/Stops the engine without stressing the starter motor in stop/go traffic.

Shedding some more light on this piece of low cost hybrid tech, it has some pre-requisites before it can kick in. Like the driver’s door needs to be shut, seatbelt has to be worn, the air-conditioner needs to be in auto mode, headlights must be switched off. Wait a minute, so the hybrid system doesn’t work after daylight?! We couldn’t test since the car was with us for a brief period.

The motor settles in a vibe free idle, only letting keen ears inside the cabin notice that there is an oil burner under the hood. Off the block, initial gear ratios are short and until the turbo spools at 1900 rpm, driveability is decent, although not in the same league as the Innova. The SHVS system does assist, but only if you are gentle with the accelerator until it dials 2500 revs. Floor it and you’ll never see the green SHVS lamp light up in the instrument console, which is apparently the only way you’d know that the system is at work. The hybrid system works very discreetly in the background in an unobtrusive manner and until you drive a non-hybrid Ertiga alongside this one, it would be difficult for you to tell the difference.

About the conventionally powered engine, once the turbo spools around 1900 rpm, there is an evident surge in power that tapers off near the 3500 mark, post which you may rev it if you like beyond 5000 rpm, but shifting before that will keep the momentum going just as much. While initial gears are shorter, the ratios beyond that are tall enough to make the Ertiga cruise comfortably at three digit speeds. For the ones obsessed about fuel economy, there is a gear shift indicator that suggests up/down shifting to maximize efficiency. Thanks to electric intervention, the Ertiga diesel now promises to deliver 24.52 km/l, an improvement of 18% over the outgoing car.
Maruti Ertiga Facelift caught at dealer stockyard-2015marutisuzukiertigazdiallowwheelpattern_2.jpg

Maruti Ertiga Facelift caught at dealer stockyard-2015marutisuzukiertigazdiinstrumentcluster2_2.jpg

Maruti Ertiga Facelift caught at dealer stockyard-2015marutisuzukiertigazdicenterconsole_2.jpg

Maruti Ertiga Facelift caught at dealer stockyard-2015marutisuzukiertigazdidriversidedashboard_2.jpg

Maruti Ertiga Facelift caught at dealer stockyard-2015marutisuzukiertigazdibopotspacewith3rdrowdown_2.jpg

Maruti Ertiga Facelift caught at dealer stockyard-2015marutisuzukiertigazdiluggagespacewith3rdrowup_2.jpg

Maruti Ertiga Facelift caught at dealer stockyard-2015marutisuzukiertigazdithirdrowseatingposition_2.jpg

Maruti Ertiga Facelift caught at dealer stockyard-2015marutisuzukiertigazdi6footerin3rdrow_2.jpg

Maruti Ertiga Facelift caught at dealer stockyard-2015marutisuzukiertigazdibootcompartment_2.jpg

Motoroids (with an excellent set of pictures)
RavenAvi is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 20th October 2015, 16:51   #95
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by narayans80 View Post
Is the odd folding 3rd row of Ertiga fixed in this facelift?
I assume you are referring to single piece 3rd row which disturbed flexibility that it may have offered if it was split?

If so, the facelift now comes with split seats for the 3rd row.

Other than that what was ODD in the folding of the 3rd row? You need maximum 2nd row leg room, slide the 2nd row all the way back without folding the 3rd row. If you need decent leg room with full luggage space, fold the 3rd row with the headrests removed and slide the 2nd row till you can.

Essentially, without sliding the 2nd row a little to the front, one could not fold the 3rd row flat, entirely and this still remains. I see nothing Odd here unless you were expecting Maruti to reduce the height of the 3rd row back which would have been a disastrous idea.
paragsachania is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 20th October 2015, 17:29   #96
BHPian

Hi paragsachania,
From the pictures, do you see additional luggage space with 3rd row up in the new Ertiga ? or is it photographic illusion ?

(Some people did say in the Ertiga thread, that luggage space seems bigger than the old one).
Old 20th October 2015, 17:32   #97
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by paragsachania View Post
Essentially, without sliding the 2nd row a little to the front, one could not fold the 3rd row flat, entirely and this still remains. I see nothing Odd here unless you were expecting Maruti to reduce the height of the 3rd row back which would have been a disastrous idea.
They had the option of giving folding up seats like the Innova and Fortuner, I'm surprised they could not engineer them or it must have been the accountants who opined that Maruti must spend the least possible money in giving the sales staff what they want
Old 20th October 2015, 18:10   #98
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheARUN View Post
They had the option of giving folding up seats like the Innova and Fortuner, I'm surprised they could not engineer them or it must have been the accountants who opined that Maruti must spend the least possible money in giving the sales staff what they want
And how will folding up seats will improve the situation ? If it is not needed why will the manufacturer waste time in adding that feature ?

Innova and Fortuner are vehicles in which you have climb up to enter the third row. And hence folding up seats makes it easier to get to the last row. Ertiga in comparison is quiet low and you can easily 'walk in' the third row.
TaurusAl is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th October 2015, 18:44   #99
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaurusAl View Post
And how will folding up seats will improve the situation ? If it is not needed why will the manufacturer waste time in adding that feature ?

Innova and Fortuner are vehicles in which you have climb up to enter the third row. And hence folding up seats makes it easier to get to the last row. Ertiga in comparison is quiet low and you can easily 'walk in' the third row.
Appreciate what you are saying. That is why I specifically mentioned that Maruti could not 'engineer' the seats into the Ertiga. Its a challenge, and looks like they are not up to the challenge

The Ertiga is a brilliant package. If you adjust the seats creatively, you can find a comfortable seating position for all of your 7 passengers. Till now one of the main disadvantages of the Ertiga was that you could not carry 6 people and luggage. Now in the facelift you can fold the seat and carry luggage alongwith your 6th passenger, but that has still left an old problem unsolved. Doing this compromises on the middle row leg room.

There should be a solution to this problem, the only thing is that the Engineers at Maruti have not arrived at that solution yet

Last edited by TheARUN : 20th October 2015 at 18:46. Reason: Grammar
TheARUN is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd October 2015, 14:33   #100
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I was really looking forward to the Ertiga SHVS. However the uncertainty of its launch, here in Pune and the more uncertainty about getting the first lot of cars, really put me off.
Three days since the last post on this thread, bit strange to see no activity after the initial euphoria. OK, let me break the jinx. Today afternoon I received a called from Ace Kudale (Maruti dealer) in Pune. I thought he was following-up with me for the Ertiga facelift and indeed he was. However there is no display car yet at the showroom. He said that since the Ertiga SHVS is still not available he can make a Ciaz SHVS test drive car available tomorrow, which is similar to the Ertga SHVS. I straightaway told him that due to the uncertainty over the launch of facelift and my urgent need for a car, I have moved beyond Ertiga and booked TUV3OO. He could have been a bit disappointed, however he congratulated me for booking the TUV. Despite knowing that I won't be pursuing the Ertiga any further he insisted me to have a test drive of the Ciaz SHVS at least. I liked his optimism and I may drive a Ciaz SHVS tomorrow if it is made available.
Old 23rd October 2015, 14:52   #101
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Three days since the last post on this thread, bit strange to see no activity after the initial euphoria. OK, let me break the jinx.
Festivals and extended Holiday mate. Also, I see no reason why the crowd here or elsewhere should go gung-ho about the Facelift launch with SHVS. Most of the photos do reveal what's new and brochures mention the features and even the prices are out.

In terms of driveability, I am wondering if at all SHVS Technology would make a real world difference with the outgoing model anyway.

So it should be business as usual except that once folks TD this, you can read their experiences. After all, this is the same DDiS 200 and not the 320 that we will expect a mad rush here to talk about the differences ☺.

As for me, I passed Mandovi Motors at Yelahanka on Wednesday evening and saw no Display Ertiga from the new Gen that confirmed its not yet there.
paragsachania is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd October 2015, 16:05   #102
BHPian

I stopped by Varun Motors, Kukatpally, Hyd. The SA says the car will be launched on 28th, along with the Baleno.

I went there after a long test drive of Mobilio. While my heart says Mobilio, the 1.5l premium Honda is charging seems unjustified. I will give the new Ertiga a hard look before deciding.
Old 23rd October 2015, 16:29   #103
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Festivals and extended Holiday mate. Also, I see no reason why the crowd here or elsewhere should go gung-ho about the Facelift launch with SHVS. Most of the photos do reveal what's new and brochures mention the features and even the prices are out.
Parag, I agree that festivals and extended Holidays has resulted in no updates on this thread for couple of days. But more than that it is the general apathy shown by Maruti towards the Ertiga facelift in view of the upcoming Baleno launch. They seem to have focused all their energies on Baleno and completely neglected the Ertiga. Test drives not available, no display/demo cars in showrooms, no commitment in delivery. Maruti may not be gung-ho about the facelift, but the people who were looking forward to the Ertiga, like me, feel disappointed.

Quote:
In terms of driveability, I am wondering if at all SHVS Technology would make a real world difference with the outgoing model anyway.
True even I feel that. I would at least be able to make some inference when I get a chance to drive the Ciaz SHVS tomorrow.

Quote:
As for me, I passed Mandovi Motors at Yelahanka on Wednesday evening and saw no Display Ertiga from the new Gen that confirmed its not yet there.
This is what exactly I was referring to when I used the word "apathy" above.
Old 23rd October 2015, 16:38   #104
BHPian

Quote:

So it should be business as usual except that once folks TD this, you can read their experiences. After all, this is the same DDiS 200 and not the 320 that we will expect a mad rush here to talk about the differences ☺.
SHVS tech seems to be developed just to address the technicalities to get the Hybrid subsidy from the government. Probably another glitch like the sub 4m rule that Maruti has discovered.
All other companies now will follow suit, with similar micro hybrid technologies to avail subsidies.
Doesn't matter whether customers find it convenient to drive in traffic with the stop/start system working, or not.
So, on the driveablity point of view, there is not going to be any change, and more important, on the mileage point of view also, there is not going to be any significant increase (depends on the usage of the SHVS system).
No wonder this technology is not discussed with enthusiasm.
And, about the facelift - the most important "Paradigm shift" I consider is the availability of a complete safety kit from LX(O). Maruti has literally put an end to majority of the user complaints about how careless Maruti is about passenger safety. (6 airbags is something still premium, anyway)
hybridpetrol is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 23rd October 2015, 16:41   #105
BANNED

Quote:
But more than that it is the general apathy shown by Maruti towards the Ertiga facelift in view of the upcoming Baleno launch. They seem to have focused all their energies on Baleno and completely neglected the Ertiga.
I don't see anything wrong being by Maruti. They are already having decent sales in that segment already with the Ertiga so why should they're be any hype. It is selling anyway.

Their cash pile is now in hands of Baleno. S-Cross hasn't done it much as of now thanks to its brilliant pricing strategy. So their only hope is Baleno. So all energies etc are focused there. Hope they don't goof up the pricing for the Baleno.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks