Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 14th September 2017, 11:39   #2236
Distinguished - BHPian

re: The Tata Nexon, now launched at Rs. 5.85 lakhs

The Nexon standing alongside it's cousin, the Zest.

The Tata Nexon, now launched at Rs. 5.85 lakhs-1.jpg

Pic courtesy Rajbinder Singh.
RavenAvi is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 14th September 2017, 11:59   #2237
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latheesh View Post
Here is another video showing Nexon in grey color! Blue can also be seen next to it.
Somehow the white ceramic line spoils the look for me. Looks highly out of place especially for the black colour along the shoulder line and back. The rear is just too busy... No elegance in design. I would pick a Brezza over Nexon any day

Last edited by Aditya : 14th September 2017 at 17:59. Reason: Removing videos from quote! :)
Palio_2005 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th September 2017, 12:07   #2238
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palio_2005 View Post
Somehow the white ceramic line spoils the look for me. Looks highly out of place especially for the black colour along the shoulder line and back.

Reminds me of masking tape!!!
Old 14th September 2017, 12:08   #2239
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Somehow the white ceramic line spoils the look for me. Looks highly out of place especially for the black colour along the shoulder line and back. The rear is just too busy... No elegance in design.

I would pick a Brezza over Nexon any day

Its much better to be bold, turn heads, be noticed.. rather than play it conservative/safe and go unnoticed: Specially by a brand that is trying to revive itself.

Love the way Tata is taking strides. Making Indians Proud. "After all Dil hai Hindustani".

payeng is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 14th September 2017, 12:10   #2240
BANNED

Two things were the sour points of old Tata cars - the smiling face (no, they were laughing loud!) and tower tail lamps. Now the tail lamps are modified in all the new cars, now they have to get rid of that smile.

And a bit more lowered stance would have helped better, IMO.

(Original image: Zigweels)
The Tata Nexon, now launched at Rs. 5.85 lakhs-tatanexon.jpgThe Tata Nexon, now launched at Rs. 5.85 lakhs-tatanexon_2.jpg

Last edited by romeomidhun : 14th September 2017 at 12:39.
romeomidhun is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th September 2017, 12:17   #2241
BHPian

Quote:
Somehow the white ceramic line spoils the look ... No elegance in design. I would pick a Brezza over Nexon any day
Most of us agree that the Punto and Linea are among the most elegant of designs. But that didn't help with the sales.
For a late comer in the segment, it is probably more important to look radically different rather than elegant.
Enobarbus is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 14th September 2017, 12:25   #2242
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by payeng View Post
Its much better to be bold, turn heads, be noticed.. rather than play it conservative/safe and go unnoticed: Specially by a brand that is trying to revive itself.

Love the way Tata is taking strides. Making Indians Proud. "After all Dil hai Hindustani".
Don't know where the "Indian" got in the way. I am just stating my liking for the design.. I think there is more than just design for people to start buying a car.. Else Tiago, Tigor and Hexa would be flying off the shelf. Tata need to enhance the buying, delivery and reliability experience till which time even the best looking cars will be shunned

Palio, Punto and Linea being the case... (2 of which I have owned and loved them to the core...)
Old 14th September 2017, 12:28   #2243
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Don't know where the "Indian" got in the way.

Please don't be touchy.. that was just the Indian in "Me" posting, wasn't about anybody else.

Quote:
I am just stating my liking for the design.. I think there is more than just design for people to start buying a car.. Else Tiago, Tigor and Hexa would be flying off the shelf. Tata need to enhance the buying, delivery and reliability experience till which time even the best looking cars will be shunned

Palio, Punto and Linea being the case... (2 of which I have owned and loved them to the core...)
Tiago is just a well made Conventional Looking Small Hatch.. the Tigor is a nice desgn, but doesn't really stand out in the traffic.. and whenever I look at the Hexa I can't help remembering the Segment leader the Innova.. non of them are ground breaking Design.. something that the "Nexon" is

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enobarbus View Post
Most of us agree that the Punto and Linea are among the most elegant of designs. But that didn't help with the sales.
For a late comer in the segment, it is probably more important to look radically different rather than elegant.
Exactly.

When you are late to the party, its better to dress out loud and get noticed. Else people just might miss noticing you.

Last edited by payeng : 14th September 2017 at 12:36.
Old 14th September 2017, 12:28   #2244
BHPian

Quote:
Somehow the white ceramic line spoils the look for me. Looks highly out of place especially for the black colour along the shoulder line and back. The rear is just too busy... No elegance in design. I would pick a Brezza over Nexon any day

I guess it'd be fairly easy to get 3M Car Wraps (or stickers) installed over the ceramic strips if one doesn't like them.
spindoc is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 14th September 2017, 12:39   #2245
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by romeomidhun View Post
Two things were the sour points of old Tata cars - the smiling face (no, they were laughing loud!) and tower tail lamps. Now the tail lamps are modified in all the new cars, now they have to get rid of that smile.

And a bit lowered stance would have helped more, IMO.

(Original image: Zigweels)
Attachment 1676079Attachment 1676086

While design is a matter of personal choice, the original Nexon looks far better than what has been done to it in the image on the right ! A little smile on the face didn't hurt anyone.

Ground clearance has become a very important topic for most car buyers across segments - explains the hunger for "SUVs" in all price points. Every review talks about how a car is good to make it through bad roads or poorly designed speed breakers. So lowering the stance wouldn't help much in terms of sales.
Old 14th September 2017, 12:42   #2246
BHPian

Quote:
Just wrote a post.. It's not just the design but the total buying and ownership experience which determines a fate of a car.
I didn't mean to offend you. I didn't know that you owned a Punto/Linea until I saw your previous post just now.
All I meant was that a routine design might be lost in a fiercely competitive segment.
When it is so difficult to wean away customers from the market leader, even an excellent product and good customer service/experience may not be sufficient.
When you are a new entrant in such a segment, you probably need all of the above, plus radically different looks. I feel that Tata are trying their best.
Enobarbus is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 14th September 2017, 12:49   #2247
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enobarbus View Post
All I meant was that a routine design might be lost in a fiercely competitive segment.

When it is so difficult to wean away customers from the market leader, even an excellent product and good customer service/experience may not be sufficient.
When you are a new entrant in such a segment, you probably need all of the above, plus radically different looks. I feel that Tata are trying their best.
Exactly.

One has to Get Noticed to enter into the "Consideration Set" of the customer. Especially if that brand in not a Maruti Suzuki in India.

Old 14th September 2017, 13:06   #2248
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by romeomidhun View Post

And a bit more lowered stance would have helped better, IMO.
The below images were posted by BHPians Car Architect and CrAzY dRiVeR. The Nexon looks much better with a little sheet metal change to the bonnet and a change in head lamp cluster design to accommodate the bonnet.

IMO its not the grill but the bonnet and headlamp design that should be changed for a more sharper front end.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Car Architect View Post
Just had a thought, how the Nexon would have looked with sharper headlights.

Pardon my photo shopping skills.(Unedited Image courtesy-Zig Wheels)
Car Architect's edit
The Tata Nexon, now launched at Rs. 5.85 lakhs-nexon-edit.jpg

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Meanwhile, here is my version of what the Nexon should have been. That bulge on the headlamps which make the "grin" wider removed and I like this mini - Hexa look.
CrAzY dRiVeR's edit
The Tata Nexon, now launched at Rs. 5.85 lakhs-nexon-edit-1.jpg

Quote:
Just wrote a post.. It's not just the design but the total buying and ownership experience which determines a fate of a car.
But the design of the car is the first part, TATA have taken care that, i.e being different from the rest of the CSUVs/Crossovers. From few reports on how TATA responded for TD request for Hexa, it is evident that TATA is moving in the right direction w.r.t to buying albeit with odd shortfalls in expectations, next step would be to focus on the ownership experience.

Quote:
It is Nexon that we are talking about isn't it...
He says Nexon as a product and not the buying and ownership experience since the product is yet to be launched.

Last edited by Karthik Chandra : 14th September 2017 at 13:20.
Karthik Chandra is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 14th September 2017, 13:12   #2249
BHPian

Mod Note : Please do NOT post messages that add little or no informational value to the thread. We need your co-operation to maintain the quality of this forum. We advise you to read the Forum Rules before proceeding any further.

Request to post ONLY when you have something substantial to add to a discussion.

Last edited by GTO : 15th September 2017 at 09:43.
Palio_2005 is offline   Received Infraction
Old 14th September 2017, 14:14   #2250
Senior - BHPian

New Video:

Nexon Vs. Brezza Vs. Ecosport Vs. WRV Vs. Creta

Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks