Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 18th December 2015, 17:25   #31
BHPian

re: Mahindra unveils KUV100 compact SUV. EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 4.42 lakh (ex-Pune)

Kudos to M&M, excellent design and looks trendy front, however rear is still inconspicuous!

Design truly speaks the language of M&M and they are bullish this time.

XUV -> TUV-> KUV, I silently read that if its UV then its M&M in few months/years to come, are they targeting this segment all out!!! Brilliant!!

On engine front its behind competition at least on paper, particularly Diesel. Should have offered in at least 100 bhp (psychological advantage) and or 4 pot engines!
Old 18th December 2015, 17:33   #32
BHPian

re: Mahindra unveils KUV100 compact SUV. EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 4.42 lakh (ex-Pune)

With increasing awareness in the buyers, why on the earth anybody buy this vehicle which offers just 3 pot cylinders. At least, Mahindra doesn't have the Volkswagen kind of image to sell 3 cylinder cars.
Old 18th December 2015, 17:47   #33
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildy View Post
With increasing awareness in the buyers, why on the earth anybody buy this vehicle which offers just 3 pot cylinders. At least, Mahindra doesn't have the Volkswagen kind of image to sell 3 cylinder cars.
Our celebrated number 1 car maker Maruti launched Celerio with a 2 cylinder diesel, beat that
Latheesh is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 18th December 2015, 17:48   #34
BANNED

• The front has been royally inspired by the Evoque. No doubts on that front.
  • Character line is straight on the front, but slanting upwards at the back. The side profile will look pretty confused IMHO.
  • The stance of the car has Nissan Juke written all over it.
  • The rear door handles have been replicated from the Chevrolet Beat.
  • The wipers are too high from the bonnet line, expect to see it from driver's position.
  • Picture with Varun Dhawan shows the roof line to be atleast 4-5 inches below his height, don't expect this to have a commanding stance on the road.
  • Single window washer spray jet.
  • In place of the cat whiskers of the XUV and dentures of the Scorpio, the KUV flaunts cute little devil teeth

Cheers to the Mahindra styling team, they had a wholesome while designing this car!
methecupid is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 18th December 2015, 18:14   #35
BHPian

Re: Scoop Pic! Mahindra's S101 Mini-SUV spotted

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahul412 View Post
Varun Dhawan is indeed the brand ambassador.
A bit overdone, but surely will be a crowd puller.
Targeting young generation with Varun Dhawan endorsing but couldn't understand why bench seat at front which usually is preferred by people carrier.
Old 18th December 2015, 18:30   #36
BHPian

Re: Scoop Pic! Mahindra's S101 Mini-SUV spotted

Quote:
Originally Posted by S.MJet View Post
A bit overdone, but surely will be a crowd puller.
Targeting young generation with Varun Dhawan endorsing but couldn't understand why bench seat at front which usually is preferred by people carrier.
A five seater wouldn't be UV enough for Mahindra.
The bench at the front makes the KUV a six seater- hence its a "UV" and not a hatch.

Also K comes from Kool to be shown as "young". They seem to have taken inspiration from this smiley->
bhargavd is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th December 2015, 18:38   #37
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fusionbang View Post
Information on the new Engines:

Petrol Engine:

mFalcon G80 - 82bhp @ 5500rpm, 114NM torque @ 3500-3800rpm

PS: New Gasoline Engine is also been introduced, but no specs were revealed on the same.
Gasoline is Petrol, so these would be the same engine.

Petrol would be a 1.2 and has power and torque figures that are ordinary these days. I'm more interested in the diesel engine specs. Would be interesting to get the dimensions of the vehicle as well, because the images (with Varun Dhawan) may be photoshopped and hence may not reflect the size of the vehicle accurately.

Whatever the price may be when announced, I dislike the design. Looks like two separate groups designed it, one for the front up to the B pillar and one for the rest of it, and both were in separate silos.
VeluM is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th December 2015, 19:00   #38
BHPian

Not sure how anyone can out-rightly declare it as ugly. I think most of them would find it pleasant to good looking. I think I am OK with the curves compared to plain jane Xylo or TUV. When it comes to the curves, yes we love curvy objects, don't we? :P

Getting serious, isn't a 77 bhp (at 3,750 rpm) engine a tad too low for a diesel SUV? OR would it suffice a sub 4m vehicle? Also, any indication on the pricing from launch event please?
Old 18th December 2015, 19:07   #39
BHPian

Looks pretty Evoqueish from the front but somehow that design doesn't gel with the Side profile, or maybe I'm getting it the wrong way around, that side profile just doesn't fit the Front which does look good.
Those tyres remind me of the Indica V2, (huge body on small spindly tyres).

But will need to see the interiors and the vehicle in the flesh before commenting about its Road presence.

But if those small engines work for Mahindra, it will be a great thing.
Old 18th December 2015, 19:18   #40
BHPian

I registered on their website , got a confirmation SMS within minutes and a follow up call within the hour. Impressive so far, but the caller did not have any information other than whatever was already provided by M&M.

Personally I would love to have a six seater with a decent boot in a small footprint.Things that I am interested in are:

1) Safety for the 6th passenger, hope there is provision for a 3-point seat belt and not a lap belt on the front seat
2) Will there be 3 air bags in front instead of 2 ?
3) Cooling inside the car considering that space in the middle will be blocked by a seat
Old 18th December 2015, 19:26   #41
SRK
Senior - BHPian

The Mahindra KUV100 could be a best seller for the company. It will have the bells and whistles that the target customer (Youth) want. Mahindra did also give a glimpse of a fully decked up version which did look good.

Also it marks a new milestone for M&M. They will bring an all new family of engines and enter the petrol powered car market. Actually the vehicle has used engineering services of a few Korean companies. We can expect the interiors to be on par with the Grand i10 if not better, which is the segment they intend to target.

Awaiting for the reviews to come in and know about how the vehicle performs.

By the way I did the front end rendering of the S101 (now KUV100) based on the spy shots a long time back. I was quite close
Mahindra unveils KUV100 compact SUV. EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 4.42 lakh (ex-Pune)-kuv100.jpg
SRK is offline   (46) Thanks
Old 18th December 2015, 19:27   #42
BHPian

Looks very nice, but specs feel a little under powered, Have they released the kerb weight of the vehicle, then Power to weight ratio will help us understand the specifications better

Last edited by raj.barcode : 18th December 2015 at 19:35.
raj.barcode is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th December 2015, 19:41   #43
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VeluM View Post
Gasoline is Petrol, so these would be the same engine.
Thanks for pointing it out VeluM. I was about to get into a meeting and had to post it quickly. I got confused with the gasoline for CNG, my bad😁.

We need to wait for the launch and see how good is the new petrol engine and what fuel efficiency figures they will quote. Also they mentioned it has the best torque in its segment.
Old 18th December 2015, 19:48   #44
BHPian

First the xylo, then the quanto and TUV, and finally now this. That pininfarina acquisition should be of a lot of help. Hell, after seeing the Quanto in Italy, the Italians must have forced Mahindra to buy pininfarina. For the better of the world.
Seriously though, this styling would be a hit among the target audience. And it's nice to know that Mahindra isn't copying jeep for a while.
Doge is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 18th December 2015, 20:02   #45
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SRK View Post
By the way I did the front end rendering of the S101 (now KUV100) based on the spy shots a long time back. I was quite close
That's quite an eye for detail, you've got. Good one!!!

Even I'm still unsure on the side profile - this needs more straight lines and not slanting ones.
dheepak10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks