Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 26th December 2015, 14:44   #106
BHPian

re: Mahindra unveils KUV100 compact SUV. EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 4.42 lakh (ex-Pune)

Another rework on the face of KUV 1OO.

Mahindra unveils KUV100 compact SUV. EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 4.42 lakh (ex-Pune)-kuv100.jpg
iamahunter is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 26th December 2015, 17:41   #107
Team-BHP Support

re: Mahindra unveils KUV100 compact SUV. EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 4.42 lakh (ex-Pune)

Here's a look at the features that can be expected on the various trim levels of the KUV100.

K2
  • Body-coloured bumpers
  • Rear spoiler
  • Electric power steering with tilt adjustment
  • Air-conditioner and heater
  • Front armrest
  • Gear indicator integrated in cluster
  • Illuminated key-hole
  • LED indicators
  • ABS and EBD
  • Immobilizer
K2+
  • All the features of the K2 + 2 airbags
K4
All the features of the K2 +
  • Body-coloured door handle
  • Body-coloured ORVMs
  • Wheel arch cladding
  • Mud flaps
  • Wheel caps
  • Foldable rear seat
  • All 4 power windows
  • Central locking
  • Day-night IRVM.
K4+
  • All the features of the K4 + 2 airbags
K6
All the features of the K4 +
  • Chrome inserts on the front grille
  • Blackened B-Pillar
  • Roof-mounted antenna
  • Roof rails
  • Door side cladding
  • Piano black interiors
  • Driver seat height adjustment
  • Rear armrest
  • Keyless entry
  • Electrically adjustable ORVMs
  • Sunglass holder
  • Cooled glove box
  • Follow me home headlamps
  • Lead me to vehicle lamps
  • 4 speakers + 2 tweeters
  • Drive modes - Power, Eco mode
K6+
  • All features of K6 + 2 airbags and steering mounted controls

K8
All features of K6 +
  • Fog lamps
  • Chrome inserts (fog lamps)
  • All door puddle lamps
  • Silver accents on rear door handles
  • 12-spoke alloy wheels
  • Micro hybrid system
  • Daytime running lights

Link to Team-BHP News Article

Source: Akash1886 - The Automotive India

Last edited by Aditya : 26th December 2015 at 17:53.
Aditya is online now   (13) Thanks
Old 26th December 2015, 21:47   #108
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aditya View Post
Here's a look at the features that can be expected on the various trim levels of the KUV100.

Source: Akash1886 - The Automotive India
Pretty loaded!

It has EBD as standard, which is good.

K6+ has got all the essentials covered. Fog lamps can be retrofitted. Some nice alloys and fatter rubber will look better than the stock alloys.

Glad to know that the KUV has proper DRLs and not LED parking lights like in the XUV and Scorpio.

The source mentions rivals as Zica and Wagon R which is a much smaller car, so I expect great pricing!

Last edited by raj_5004 : 26th December 2015 at 21:49.
Old 27th December 2015, 11:26   #109
BHPian

ABS + EBD standard on all variants !

K2+ also makes sense with addition of two airbags.

Either the Government's planned policy change in 2017 pushing manufacturers to make the safety features available in all variants or they are being proactive about safety here. Whatever it is, end user is being benefited for sure.
Old 27th December 2015, 13:54   #110
Senior - BHPian

those wheels. makes the car look like a guy who is built well torso and above but has chicken legs.
that bit about proportions don't work according to me.

I compare this car to the Nissan Juke sold in Europe. Quirky, Nifty, Small car.
Old 27th December 2015, 20:14   #111
BHPian

Does it mean a total of 6 airbags for K8? If yes, then that would be quite a package at that price point (if the target segment is i10 Grand).

Only missing features seems to be bluetooth telephony, auto AC and reach adjustment for the steering.
Old 27th December 2015, 21:22   #112
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinjosep View Post
Does it mean a total of 6 airbags for K8? If yes, then that would be quite a package at that price point (if the target segment is i10 Grand).
I dont think its mentioned anywhere about the side and curtain airbags. All the "+" variants get 2 airbags along with the respective features. Its highly unlikely that the KUV will get 6 airbags.

That said, going by the probable competitors the price might be very aggressive.
Old 28th December 2015, 00:29   #113
Senior - BHPian

I feel that this is the car that would give Mahindra the extra push in terms of volumes. Based on TUV i feel that they will get the pricing right and given the build quality improvements seen on TUV on the inside, KUV should be carrying that forward. So pretty high chance that Mahindra has a winner at there hands. I dont know whats the big deal with 75bhp engine. Last i checked swift, earlier figo, indica vista, Liva all have similar power outputs and ultimately this car is going be hitting that category in terms of size. Mahindra may choose to market it whichever way they want but i would be a crossover at best.

Overall I am happy with the way it looks but its subjective. I remem how people were bashing Mahindra for boxy TUV and now again bashing for too much curves. Hyundai also pretty much made a turnaround with fluidic designs which were/are excess on curves.
supertinu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th December 2015, 09:05   #114
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aditya View Post
Thanks for sharing Aditya. These days the car manufacturers are either becoming safety concious and caring for the safety of customers or they are trying to catch with the competition; either way customer is reaping the benefits of having the safety features (ABS and EBD in this case) as default... Quite encouraging...!

Looks like this KUV is quite loaded and if it is being pitched against the likes of Grand i10, Celerio, Wagon R and Tata Zica...it will surely bite into the sales of Celerio and Wagon R and it might be a death for Zica (just because it will be competing against an Indian competitor, so people who dont mind true desi company might pick the KUV) even before the start. Grand i10 might not see the impact as it is quite loaded in terms of features.

The only bit going slightly against the KUV is its design; as many pointed out it is either hate it or like it....bit too snazzy. But the common young crowd won't mind the snazzy-dazzy these days which is the target public for KUV anyways.

Wishing KUV1OO a good success and eagerly awaiting to see it in flesh soon.
Old 29th December 2015, 01:44   #115
BHPian

'Falcon' embedded in the headlight assembly suggests this one would be equipped with mFalcon series of engine.
To me it looks good, and would definitely look better in flesh.
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra unveils KUV100 compact SUV. EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 4.42 lakh (ex-Pune)-img20151224wa0044.jpg  

wrongturn is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th December 2015, 08:45   #116
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamahunter View Post
A slight modification to make it look bit better IMHO.
A great effort, iamahunter, and it does wonders for my feel-good factor that aspiring Indian designers' efforts are right here on these pages!

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Goan View Post
The KUV yet again proves.
As I've mentioned elsewhere in these columns, it is depressing that we are so eager to tear down a domestic mfr., when near-identical products (hatches-on-stilts & steroids!) from overseas mfrs has us drooling over them!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SRK View Post
By the way I did the front end rendering of the S101 (now KUV100) based on the spy shots a long time back. I was quite close
That's another wonderful effort, and like I said above, it is very encouraging SRK, that folks like you are contributing to the general awareness about automotive design. Till a few years ago, Dilip Chhabria's contributions -specially his prototype of the Aston Martin V8 Vantage - made headlines. And today it feels good that we are developing our own talent pool in this relatively rarefied discipline. And kudos to T-BHP too for highlighting such efforts!
shashanka is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th December 2015, 09:21   #117
SRK
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dheepak10 View Post
That's quite an eye for detail, you've got. Good one!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Venku2015 View Post
Brilliant job there SRK. No offense to M&M, but your rendered design looks much more matured and practical than the original iteration.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 400notout View Post
It is hardly any better than SRKs renders, which he made with nothing more than spyshots to aid. SRKs rendering was a tougher job as he had no proper source.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rav11stars View Post
I second that. SRK's headlamp design looks more menacing and adds to the butch looks. Moreover his fog lamp orientation is way better.
Quote:
Originally Posted by shashanka View Post
That's another wonderful effort, and like I said above, it is very encouraging SRK, that folks like you are contributing to the general awareness about automotive design. Till a few years ago, Dilip Chhabria's contributions -specially his prototype of the Aston Martin V8 Vantage - made headlines. And today it feels good that we are developing our own talent pool in this relatively rarefied discipline. And kudos to T-BHP too for highlighting such efforts!
Thank you all.

Glad that you liked the render.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamahunter View Post
A slight modification to make it look bit better IMHO.
-Color changed to Black.
-Red accent on the grill and wheels.
-Darkened the Alloys.
-Took out the ugly looking sharp curve off the rear.
-Rear door handle where it suits well.
-A little change to the front, adding accents on the bumper near lights to break the ugly looking panel.

Attachment 1451585
That looks very nice. The rear fender design looks good with the door handle in its usual position and a simple looking body panel.
SRK is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 31st December 2015, 12:35   #118

Do we have a good picture of the rear-side? Front looks really cool. Pricing is also superb.. Waiting for official review from Team-BHP!
Old 31st December 2015, 14:55   #119
tez
BHPian

pics look good however unable to understand how big/small it is going to look. Would it look similar in height and width to ecosport or i20 active.. need to see
Old 31st December 2015, 17:30   #120
BHPian

I was followed by a KUV 1OO in camo on Dehu road by-pass for a couple of minutes, post which the driver overtook me. In the rear view mirror it looks like a large "car" due to the high bonnet height. Does command some respect. From the rear the size looks OK. I had a Swift ahead of me, and the KUV is a little higher at the roof line. A low resolution pic that we could click of the back.

Mahindra unveils KUV100 compact SUV. EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 4.42 lakh (ex-Pune)-1451563239691.jpg

Note from Support: Post edited for grammar.

Last edited by Aditya : 15th January 2016 at 07:05. Reason: Inserting attachment
bhargavd is offline   (2) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks