Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 24th December 2015, 13:07   #91
Distinguished - BHPian

re: Mahindra unveils KUV100 compact SUV. EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 4.42 lakh (ex-Pune)

The 3+3 Seating for the KUV100 is kind of officially confirmed. The front middle seat is for a child.

Somehow not convinced with this. If it a booster kind of a seat that has seat belts suitable for kids ( maybe a harness kind of seat belt that comes in baby seats) , maybe it has good utility value. But again in a variant with Airbags, wont' the kid sitting here get hit from the corners of an inflating airbag.

Quote:
While spyshots have hinted the Mahindra KUV100 to use a bench-type seat up front, Mahindra did not confirm this feature, or release any images of the interior during the name announcement last week. However, Mahindra Automotive Australia marketing manager James Halliwell, has confirmed to CarAdvice that the KUV100 will sport a 3+3 seating layout.

Speaking to the publication, Mr. Halliwell said – “This is a sub 4.0-metre car, yet has a 3+3 configuration.” Mahindra’s designers have given the “compact SUV” a dashboard-mounted gearlever to further bolster the idea of fitting two adults and a child up front

Source: IAB
Rajeevraj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th December 2015, 13:56   #92
BHPian

re: Mahindra unveils KUV100 compact SUV. EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 4.42 lakh (ex-Pune)

I have been trying to get my hands on the dimensions of the car but I cannot find it. Does anyone know the details (Length, Width, Height and GC)?

It definitely is smaller than the TUV300 but how much smaller? Will be be comparable to the Figo or Grand i10 dimensions-wise?
nivatakavacha is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th December 2015, 16:42   #93
Distinguished - BHPian

Mahindra's KUV1OO - The Young SUV teaser released!

Last edited by volkman10 : 24th December 2015 at 16:46.
volkman10 is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 24th December 2015, 16:59   #94
Distinguished - BHPian

I like the looks based on the video. The only downside my be the 75 bhp engine. Not too sure why they detuned it. They should have kept the power figures at 100 bhp like the Quanto.

Anyway, eager to see all the details of the product.
Old 24th December 2015, 18:53   #95
Senior - BHPian

Mahindra unveils KUV100 compact SUV; bookings open on December 19, 2015

Yet another Ad looks to be shot in Goa. I paused the clip to check the rear and to me it looked like EcoSport. The spare wheel is also absent. If the price being predicted as 4.5 Lac by few Bhpians then I think the engine capacity justifies the cost.
Looks like MnM conceived the product looking at the success story of EcoSport but now with the launch of Creta the EcoSport itself facing the heat and with KUV it would struggle further.

PS : The music in the clip is Lucky Ali number Tere Mere Saath jo Hota Hai from his album Aks.

Last edited by carwatcher : 24th December 2015 at 18:54.
carwatcher is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th December 2015, 20:15   #96
BHPian

Some shots shared on what's app by my friend bharath
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra unveils KUV100 compact SUV. EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 4.42 lakh (ex-Pune)-img20151224wa0044.jpg  

Mahindra unveils KUV100 compact SUV. EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 4.42 lakh (ex-Pune)-img20151224wa0043.jpg  

Mahindra unveils KUV100 compact SUV. EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 4.42 lakh (ex-Pune)-img20151224wa0042.jpg  

al pacino is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 24th December 2015, 21:50   #97
BHPian

Thanks to the pics posted in the last post Al Pacino. Suddenly the KUV100 looks great. The computer generated image posted during the reveal of KUV100 did not do full justice to the looks of the KUV and the real photo looks great.
Old 24th December 2015, 23:05   #98
BHPian

Its more of a 'Kid xuv'. I fail to see anything kool, its too pretentious to be called so. I'd risk saying the Gurkha looks cool or even a gypsy. This one shouts loud- hey look at me, i'm an suv (err..sort of. hee..hee). At best its a Cross over. yup, just my view.
Still i hope they'd do something about the car-ish rear end & give it next size wheels.

Last edited by Rennjit : 24th December 2015 at 23:07. Reason: ;-)
Old 25th December 2015, 00:46   #99
Senior - BHPian

Captures from the video, to me it looks like EcoSport minus Spare Wheel.
Attached Images

Old 25th December 2015, 03:10   #100

Hmmm....whatever Mahindra did right with TUV300, they undid it with KUV. I would venture out to say so much so, that this car suffers from a massive design malfunction. It's not a case of neither here nor there, but simply put, its ugly much like the DC designed Mahindra Thar of yesteryears. This is a regressive design, instead of getting classy vehicles on Indian roads, we're saddled with overdesigned toy cars. YUCK.
ubermeow is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th December 2015, 11:18   #101
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by carwatcher View Post
Captures from the video, to me it looks like EcoSport minus Spare Wheel.
With tail lights inspired by i20 and Beat- esque rear door handles!

Relax people, Mahindra vehicles almost ALWAYS look better in flesh than in photos.
Old 25th December 2015, 13:58   #102
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
I like the looks based on the video. The only downside my be the 75 bhp engine. Not too sure why they detuned it. They should have kept the power figures at 100 bhp like the Quanto.

Anyway, eager to see all the details of the product.
The Quanto & TUV have 1.5 L engines while the KUV has a 1.2 L engine. The similarity is just that the engines are 3-cyl units in each case.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rennjit View Post
Its more of a 'Kid xuv'. I fail to see anything kool, its too pretentious to be called so. I'd risk saying the Gurkha looks cool or even a gypsy. This one shouts loud- hey look at me, i'm an suv (err..sort of. hee..hee). At best its a Cross over. yup, just my view.
Still i hope they'd do something about the car-ish rear end & give it next size wheels.
That's odd - I didn't hear a squeek when the Kwid or the S-Cross or the Creta was launched - when each of them looks like the proverbial hatch-on-steroids.
And yet, the moment an indigenous firm does the same thing, out come the knives!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ubermeow View Post
Hmmm....whatever Mahindra did right with TUV300, they undid it with KUV. I would venture out to say so much so, that this car suffers from a massive design malfunction. It's not a case of neither here nor there, but simply put, its ugly much like the DC designed Mahindra Thar of yesteryears. This is a regressive design, instead of getting classy vehicles on Indian roads, we're saddled with overdesigned toy cars. YUCK.
Well, thank God - for a moment I thought I read wardrobe malfunction!
So, ok - design malfunction/regressive design/design cohesion/design integrity et al - I've been hearing this sort of jargon since God knows when.
I'd really be indebted to all these folks if they would just enlighten me a bit about the meaning of these deep & profound terms.
Old 25th December 2015, 16:20   #103
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venku2015 View Post
Brilliant job there SRK. No offense to M&M, but your rendered design looks much more matured and practical than the original iteration.
I second that. SRK's headlamp design looks more menacing and adds to the butch looks. Moreover his fog lamp orientation is way better.
rav11stars is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th December 2015, 21:46   #104
BHPian

I seriously dont get why mahindra has to put the rear door handle in silver color ? Its looks so odd and spoils the look of the car .
As always mahindra has been successful in creating a polarizing design like most of their cars , either you hate them or you love them .
Lets see what would be the pricing and how does the car perform in day to day situations .
Old 25th December 2015, 22:05   #105
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doge View Post
[list=1]
...........you might find an Alfa 8C ugly and I may find a TVR Sagaris pretty!
Neat that........when one has been nearly defunct for most of its life despite making potent sports cars, while the other is part of a larger empire. Going a bit OT here, but looks wise there isn't much to choose between the two - both were probably inspired by the ill-fated Marcos of an earlier era. For my money nothing comes close to the Vittorio Jano-designed Alfa 8C2600 of the '30s.
shashanka is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks