Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 12th February 2017, 13:48   #331
BHPian

re: The Maruti Baleno RS: 1.0L turbo-petrol engine. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 8.69 lakh

Took a test drive of the Baleno Zeta DDiS variant immediately after the Figo. Seating position seems to be better in the Baleno. The gear-shift also felt better in the Baleno.

The showroom is "unofficially" accepting the bookings of the RS which is slated to be launched in March.

However there is no clarity as regards the price and specifications.

I wish somebody could guide me between the Figo TDCi Titanium(+) and the Baleno RS.

Last edited by raichoudhury : 12th February 2017 at 13:49.
raichoudhury is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th February 2017, 16:31   #332
Distinguished - BHPian

re: The Maruti Baleno RS: 1.0L turbo-petrol engine. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 8.69 lakh

Quote:
Originally Posted by raichoudhury View Post
...I wish somebody could guide me between the Figo TDCi Titanium(+) and the Baleno RS.
Unless you drive the Baleno, a decision can't be arrived at. Baleno may hold an edge on many parameters other than engine, now that's the whole deal is about right. I am only worried about one thing - the lag - that could make or break the deal.
Old 13th February 2017, 11:45   #333
BHPian

I went to the NEXA showroom this weekend to collect my refund cheque for the Ignis which I had pre-booked. I still haven't been given a TD of the car and my new car is already in transit. Irrespective of how good the reviews are out there, I would always want to drive the car before I buy it. This is not a mobile phone which is being bought off a Flash sale. Ridiculous.

Anyway, the NEXA showroom manager told me that they are unofficially taking bookings for the RS which will launch in the first week of March.
He also lands the bomb by saying, "Sir, we have been informed that the OTR price in Bangalore will cross 11L" to which I say "If thats the price, I'm walking to the VW showroom right across the road to get the GT TSi"
Coplay is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th February 2017, 12:09   #334
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coplay View Post
He also lands the bomb by saying, "Sir, we have been informed that the OTR price in Bangalore will cross 11L" to which I say "If thats the price, I'm walking to the VW showroom right across the road to get the GT TSi"
Don't believe his words. Because, no one knows how to price the car as well as Maruti. There is no denying this fact. I expect the Baleno RS to undercut the Polo GT TSI & even Ford Ecosport 1.0 EcoBoost.

I expect a max premium of 80-100k over current Alpha.

Here is the speculative price comparison (Ex-Showroom Bangalore)

Baleno 1.2 Alpha - 7.54 lakhs
Polo GT TSI - 9.20 lakhs
Baleno 1.0 RS - 8.40-8.60 lakhs

Anything above 8.6 lakhs is a disaster waiting to happen. Especially due to fact that, it will be offered only in Manual Guise.
CarguyNish is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th February 2017, 12:35   #335
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarguyNish View Post
Don't believe his words. Because, no one knows how to price the car as well as Maruti. There is no denying this fact. I expect the Baleno RS to undercut the Polo GT TSI & even Ford Ecosport 1.0 EcoBoost.

I expect a max premium of 80-100k over current Alpha.

Here is the speculative price comparison (Ex-Showroom Bangalore)

Baleno 1.2 Alpha - 7.54 lakhs
Polo GT TSI - 9.20 lakhs
Baleno 1.0 RS - 8.40-8.60 lakhs

Anything above 8.6 lakhs is a disaster waiting to happen. Especially due to fact that, it will be offered only in Manual Guise.
Exactly my thoughts. If they want to sell, they need to undercut the GT Tsi by atleast 50-70k OTR. What you mentioned is the most realistic pricing we can expect.
But knowing NEXA, their arrogance and their assumption that they are a superbrand in India and also what they have been pulling off WRT pricing in the past, everything is a blur to me.
20 days more and we will have official pricing.
Fingers Crossed
Coplay is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th February 2017, 13:28   #336
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Exactly my thoughts. If they want to sell, they need to undercut the GT Tsi by atleast 50-70k OTR. What you mentioned is the most realistic pricing we can expect.
But knowing NEXA, their arrogance and their assumption that they are a superbrand in India and also what they have been pulling off WRT pricing in the past, everything is a blur to me.
20 days more and we will have official pricing.
Fingers Crossed
To be honest, i think Maruti should undercut GT by more than 1 lakh. Typically, automatics are priced at a premium of more than/close to 1 lakhs over their manual variants. this is true even for CVTs; this a a DSG gearbox we are talking about (and an imported one at that).
Abhi_Automobile is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 15th February 2017, 10:27   #337
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarguyNish View Post
Quote:
Exactly my thoughts. If they want to sell, they need to undercut the GT Tsi by atleast 50-70k OTR.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Abhi_Automobile View Post
To be honest, i think Maruti should undercut GT by more than 1 lakh. Typically, automatics are priced at a premium of more than/close to 1 lakhs over their manual variants. this is true even for CVTs; this a a DSG gearbox we are talking about (and an imported one at that).
Completely agree with all of you, also not only is it a manual, Maruti has also detuned it from 111hp for the world to 102hp for India

Manufacturers still think we cant drive and fuel efficiency is the only thing that makes or breaks our buying decision.

I also feel they should launch it in two variants, an Alpha and a Delta. That way they could rack up more sales and we could get a great car for a 8 lakh rupee price tag, sorted situation for everyone, isn't it? Though I know this would never happen.

Last edited by moralfibre : 15th February 2017 at 11:14. Reason: Fixing quote tag
Old 15th February 2017, 10:53   #338
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by The AG 6167 View Post
I also feel they should launch it in two variants, an Alpha and a Delta. That way they could rack up more sales and we could get a great car for a 8 lakh rupee price tag, sorted situation for everyone, isn't it? Though I know this would never happen.
Like you said, this is never going to happen. They have clearly indicated only one variant, the Alpha.
Sometimes, they get things horribly wrong. for example, non-availability of an Alpha Ignis AMT. Such a let down.
Old 16th February 2017, 12:06   #339
Distinguished - BHPian

Motor Trend has posted exclusive spy shots of the Baleno RS and it's 1.0L Boosterjet heart.

The Maruti Baleno RS: 1.0L turbo-petrol engine. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 8.69 lakh-221889656.jpg

The Maruti Baleno RS: 1.0L turbo-petrol engine. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 8.69 lakh-170298884.jpg

Quote:
As the image shows the Baleno RS will have some slight styling changes to differentiate it as the flagship of the Baleno range with different bumper, grille and alloys plus some trim changes inside.

The Baleno RS will only be available in top-spec Alpha trim and expect a price hike of Rs 1 lakh from the top-spec 1.2 petrol Alpha which means a price of Rs 8.4 lakh ex-showroom.
RavenAvi is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 17th February 2017, 11:02   #340
BHPian

Quote:
Even I was informed with the same figure of upwards of 10 lakhs and maybe 11 lakhs. I thought the SE is trying to discourage me as he was trying to push S Cross, since I showed some interest in the product.

The current Bangalore OTR price of Baleno Alpha Petrol Model is Rs. 9,04,000/- including standard accessories of Rs. 9,600/-. If the price of 11 lakhs is true, then we've to evaluate what extras or equipments they're going to add. Just for the Engine it'll be foolish to pay 1.5 lakhs more on ex-showroom price.

Last edited by jaaz : 17th February 2017 at 11:04.
Old 17th February 2017, 12:49   #341
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaaz View Post
Even I was informed with the same figure of upwards of 10 lakhs and maybe 11 lakhs. I thought the SE is trying to discourage me as he was trying to push S Cross, since I showed some interest in the product.

The current Bangalore OTR price of Baleno Alpha Petrol Model is Rs. 9,04,000/- including standard accessories of Rs. 9,600/-. If the price of 11 lakhs is true, then we've to evaluate what extras or equipments they're going to add. Just for the Engine it'll be foolish to pay 1.5 lakhs more on ex-showroom price.
I am getting reminded of the S-Cross 1.6 here.

Maruti needs to either introduce lower variants or price it right, at Rs.11 lakhs for the boosterjet petrol, they will have overshot the excitement.

Also, on a car meant for driving pleasure, I feel its not features that's important but its getting the right tune that matters & maruti should do that. Even if they offer equipment levels of the Alpha, its good enough.
Old 18th February 2017, 23:33   #342
BANNED

Source: https://gaadiwaadi.com/maruti-suzuki...review-091912/

Gaadiwaadi says Baleno RS will come in zeta and alpha variants!

But their picture seems like an aftermarket modification. Can'r believe maruti will do this paint job to baleno.
Attached Thumbnails
The Maruti Baleno RS: 1.0L turbo-petrol engine. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 8.69 lakh-marutibalenorslikelytobeofferedinzetaandalphatrimsspiedatdealership2703x640.jpg  

romeomidhun is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 19th February 2017, 00:08   #343
BHPian

I wish maruti comes up with this paint job, just so that the RTO guys go nuts arguing if they should label the car Red or White in the RC book.
Quote:
Originally Posted by romeomidhun View Post
Can'r believe maruti will do this paint job to baleno.
ashwin489 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th February 2017, 21:54   #344
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashwin489 View Post
I wish maruti comes up with this paint job, just so that the RTO guys go nuts arguing if they should label the car Red or White in the RC book.
We need to be careful with our wishes. The RTO wouldn't bother wasting time, they simply will "ban" the product! Enthusiasts will only be the losers.
swiftnfurious is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 20th February 2017, 04:22   #345
BHPian

The 2 colour car is simply a car for colour presentation by their Styling team where new colours are presented. Rest assured they would not be demented enough to launch such an abomination.
Carma2017 is offline   (4) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks