Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 18th October 2016, 16:10   #1006
BHPian

Re: Tata Hexa @ Auto Expo 2016

Regardless of the high quality and features being offered, pricing will be the trump card. If Tata prices it anywhere near the Crysta, then it can just forget about making this product work. Cause Crysta is an avatar of the battle hardened and well proven Innova, add to that the Toyota badge and we have a formidable product there.

Lets just put ourselves in the position of any prospective customer. If the Hexa is priced on par with Crysta, any normal person will think "Why should I buy an unproven and unknown product from Tata when the Crysta is available at the same price." And he/she will just migrate to the Toyota camp.

Hence, pricing will be key, at least for the first 8-12 months. Price it aggressively, undercut the Crysta and maybe even XUV, make sure that there are sufficient Hexas visible on the roads after 4-6 months. This should be the strategy if Tata wants the Hexa to be successful. Even if its loss making, this is the only way Hexa will succeed. I'm sure Tata Motors has deep enough pockets to be able to bear the initial losses.

Once you've made your mark in the market and have proven yourself, gradual increase in price will hardly have any effect on demand. Cause then you've won over the customers and the product has proven itself.
greatgyan is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 18th October 2016, 16:15   #1007
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrammarNazi View Post
Hi,
Those multi drive modes are for engine remaps & steering feedback. Nothing related to the suspension.
From the spec sheets, it seems Hexa is retaining the hydraulic power steering setup and has not switched over to EPS like Bolt/Zest, Tiago etc. The same used to be operated by a conventional belt driven hydraulic pump and not via a separate motor. Assuming the setup remains the same, I don't see the driving modes being able to alter steering feedback, unless they have switched to 'electro-hydraulic' steering setups.
Old 18th October 2016, 16:27   #1008
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by avinash_clt View Post
From the spec sheets, it seems Hexa is retaining the hydraulic power steering setup and has not switched over to EPS like Bolt/Zest, Tiago etc. The same used to be operated by a conventional belt driven hydraulic pump and not via a separate motor. Assuming the setup remains the same, I don't see the driving modes being able to alter steering feedback, unless they have switched to 'electro-hydraulic' steering setups.
Haven't bookmarked the tweets/posts, but I surely remember reading this info as it was shared on Twitter by a reviewer during the ongoing "HexaExperience" event.

We'll know more once the embargo is lifted in 3 days.
Old 18th October 2016, 16:52   #1009
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by avinash_clt View Post
Does that also mean that it has better steering feedback than the all electric lifeless ones? Maybe existing Aria owners will be able give their feedback.

Now at the risk of going OT!
The Hexa is being launched. Looks smashing and hopefully works just as well.

I'm wondering what the Mahindras are upto. Its not like they have been blind sided. Everyone and their dog know about the hexa right from the geneva motor show days! And they are not going to let anyone ruin their bestseller!
I wonder what will be their reply to this down the road!
Old 18th October 2016, 17:05   #1010
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by N.r.K View Post
Does that also mean that it has better steering feedback than the all electric lifeless ones? Maybe existing Aria owners will be able give their feedback.

Now at the risk of going OT!

I'm wondering what the Mahindras are upto. Its not like they have been blind sided. Everyone and their dog know about the hexa right from the geneva motor show days! And they are not going to let anyone ruin their bestseller!
I wonder what will be their reply to this down the road!
Mahindra too is probably getting ready with its T/KUV500 MPV and that should be ready by Apr-2017. Price wise this will undercut the Hexa by 2 lacs and will be slightly higher than Ertiga. So Mahindra will flank the Hexa from both sides - the XUV as the SUV and the MPV on the lower side. The only thing Mahindra does need to focus on now is upgrading the XUV interiors further as they are still very plasticky currently.
Competition is always good for the consumer and we will get a better package from Tata as well as Mahindra due to this.
Behemoth is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th October 2016, 17:57   #1011
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAE40 in veins View Post
Read news stories today which said that bookings will start on 1st Nov and Deliveries by Jan 2017. I guess clearer info will emerge in the next couple of days from Tata.
Yes. As per Autocar the bookings start on 1st Nov and launch (price+deliveries) would start from Jan. I feel TATA is doing this to test the waters before they actually finally put a price tag on the Hexa. Depending on the response they get for the bookings, they might look at pricing it (?).

Last edited by centaur : 18th October 2016 at 17:58.
Old 18th October 2016, 18:51   #1012
BHPian

Quote:
I have had the chance to drive Aria extensively and the steering was found to be 'alright' by MPV/SUV references. Nothing special like the HPS units from Fiat/Ford sedans, but had the right amount of weightage (personal opinion) and was confidence inspiring for a tall, 2 tonne, body on frame crossover. Also I wouldn't term all EPS to be lifeless (haven't driven Tiago/Bolt/Zest though), manufacturers are well capable to providing responsive EPS systems. I expect that the dynamics of a vehicle like Hexa would overshadow the fine steering feedback (if available) that could materialize into better vehicle control.
avinash_clt is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th October 2016, 19:04   #1013
BHPian

Does it come with Keyless entry? I could not see in any of the photos.
Old 18th October 2016, 19:04   #1014
Team-BHP Support

Quote:

I'm wondering what the Mahindras are upto.
They have an XL sized MPV coming up as well. And remains to be seen if XUV is affected by Hexa sales.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...g-chennai.html

Quote:
Originally Posted by anumod View Post
Does it come with Keyless entry? I could not see in any of the photos.
No. There is no keyless entry.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th October 2016, 19:05   #1015
BHPian

Its a very important launch for TATA and looking at the time and efforts spent, one can safely assume the product is a well engineered one and for once, can change the fortunes of the company.

This is one vehicle I am strongly contemplating to buy and eagerly awaiting a proper launch to take a look at this car in all pure flesh!! Impatiently waiting for a proper review here!!!
Old 18th October 2016, 19:26   #1016
Distinguished - BHPian

Hormazd had this to say. The first word gives the hint!

Tata Hexa @ Auto Expo 2016-untitled.jpg
RavenAvi is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 18th October 2016, 19:38   #1017
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Everything points to a well built, loaded vehicle which can take on the mighty Crysta. It all depends if Tata can pull the people to the showrooms and convince them to book. For that the the vehicle should also scream "Value For Money" - doesnt have to be cheap.

Any feedback on the 3rd row seats? 3rd row comfort will be major comparison point with Crysta in this segment.
Old 18th October 2016, 20:08   #1018
Distinguished - BHPian

Some officially released pics, courtesy Carwale:

Tata Hexa @ Auto Expo 2016-tatahexaexterior82051.jpg

Tata Hexa @ Auto Expo 2016-tatahexapicturegallery82049.jpg

Tata Hexa @ Auto Expo 2016-tatahexaexterior82062.jpg

Tata Hexa @ Auto Expo 2016-tatahexaexterior82052.jpg

Tata Hexa @ Auto Expo 2016-tatahexaexterior82057.jpg

Tata Hexa @ Auto Expo 2016-tatahexainterior82054.jpg

Tata Hexa @ Auto Expo 2016-tatahexainterior82056.jpg

Tata Hexa @ Auto Expo 2016-tatahexainterior82058.jpg

Tata Hexa @ Auto Expo 2016-tatahexainterior82059.jpg

Tata Hexa @ Auto Expo 2016-tatahexainterior82060.jpg

Tata Hexa @ Auto Expo 2016-tatahexasmartphoneapps82007.jpg

Last edited by RavenAvi : 18th October 2016 at 20:11.
RavenAvi is offline   (18) Thanks
Old 18th October 2016, 20:19   #1019
BHPian

Going very much like the Tata Zest launch, they are hyping up the blue color, but I bet the Beige / White / Grey will eventually look the most sensational
Old 18th October 2016, 20:35   #1020
BHPian

I am mighty impressed with the vehicle via this thread. And I have actually almost decided to book it as soon as it opens.

The only concerns I have is
1. Steering - I cant figure out what the hydraulic assisted wheel means. To me an electrically one seems to be more 'modern'. I am a layman please forgive this observation
2. Isofix - not a deal breaker but i hope it has this
3. Safety package - its excellent as of now but I hope its available for the variant which is within my budget

And very importantly the price point. Will I be able to get a 4x2 MT top end on road within 16L? If yes that will be great

p.s. I am not so concerned as of now about the ASS as I feel I have been scammed by the Hyundai dealers already. Perhaps its a thing I can't control. Need to be more educated.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks