Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: Which design of S-Cross do you like better?
Current design is better 150 23.44%
Facelifted look is much better 297 46.41%
It's a matter of personal taste but actually both look good 59 9.22%
Neither of the two look any good to me 134 20.94%
Voters: 640. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 1st November 2017, 21:52   #826
Senior - BHPian

Re: 2016 Suzuki S-Cross facelift leaked. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 8.49 lakh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palio_2005 View Post
Car looks smashing in the Silver grey colour. Wonder why MS cannot introduce their 1.5 liter diesel. If company like Tata can work on a new engine, is it too difficult for Suzuki to develop one for itself?

At 14 lakhs on road with a 1.3 liter engine the car is too expensive. I purchased my Alpha 1.3 for 12.5 Lakhs on road about a year ago.

At this price level a Creta with 1.6 liter engine makes more sense.

Maruti is also losing out on the petrol customers.
The Zeta variant is the one that is value for money and sells for 11.9 L On Road Bangalore. The feature differences between Zeta and Alpha are less and mainly differences include the Leather Upholstery, Automatic Headlamps and Wipers.
Old 4th November 2017, 10:29   #827
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vsrivatsa View Post
The Zeta variant is the one that is value for money and sells for 11.9 L On Road Bangalore. The feature differences between Zeta and Alpha are less and mainly differences include the Leather Upholstery, Automatic Headlamps and Wipers.
Cannot agree more. The 1.5 M15A petrol engine could be the game changer for S-cross as they might be able to price the Alpha petrol below 10 lakhs ex-showroom. Being 1.5 lakh INR cheaper than diesel, there would be a queue to pick the S-cross zeta petrol at 10 L INR on road

From what we read in news reports, the M15A should make its way into the S-cross in the coming year. They have designed the engine to deliver 108 bhp vs. the 100bhp in the exported version (to Indonesia). That would be a stonker worthy of the S-cross
bhpfaninblr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th November 2017, 22:40   #828
BHPian

Had a chance to test drive Scross today. Observations give n below.

1. The car was very refined and easy to drive at low speeds.
Must have driven to around 90 kmh and it felt adequately powered with linear acceleration. Light clutch and easy gearshifts.
2. Simple high quality interiors . Good headroom, knee room and airy view all around. Especially good in back seat.
Dad was in the back seat and he rated the back seat comfort better than the Verna , Creta and Nexon that we test drove recently
3. The looks are a bit too garish for my taste. Not a deal breaker though.
4. The Zeta is VFM and comes around 11.35 lakhs here.
5. Dynamics was good but felt some body roll. Good stability and decent steering feedback.

Apparently there has been around 80 bookings of the Scross in TVM so far and they have delivered 22 cars so far according to SA. 2 Months waiting period.
vishnurp99 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th November 2017, 23:22   #829
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leoshashi View Post
Since most of the pics of the new S cross we have seen so far are in Blue, presenting the Alpha variant in Premium Silver shade that I spotted yesterday.

Attachment 1688226
Is it just me or does this shade of silver have the effect of dumbing down the overdose of chrome on the grill?

Drive on,
Shibu.
shibujp is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th November 2017, 00:05   #830
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by romeomidhun View Post
Adding the spare wheel on the tail gate would have helped S-Cross in getting some more SUV'ish looks.
Adding the spare wheel on the tail gate makes it look very similar to the Ecosport. Without the height difference, one would find it very difficult to tell them apart.
And yes Maruti have marketed it as a cross-over it wouldn't make much sense putting the wheel on the boot in my opinion.

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 5th November 2017 at 01:37. Reason: Typo.
Old 5th November 2017, 07:05   #831
BANNED

I can't understand the logic of not giving an Automatic option for a cross over like this! Maruti may not care for the sales numbers , but at this price point it's outrageous to not have an automatic option. Every other manufacturer has one, be it Ford Ecosport, Duster and Creta. It's not that Maruti don't have an autobox, its plain we don't bother attitude. I recently sat in S-cross, its a nice one to be in.
The Rationalist is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 5th November 2017, 10:16   #832
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Rationalist View Post
I can't understand the logic of not giving an Automatic option for a cross over like this! Maruti may not care for the sales numbers , but at this price point it's outrageous to not have an automatic option. Every other manufacturer has one, be it Ford Ecosport, Duster and Creta. It's not that Maruti don't have an autobox, its plain we don't bother attitude. I recently sat in S-cross, its a nice one to be in.
In my opinion it is no surprise. Consider the Brezza, it has been selling like hot cakes and they haven't even considered introducing an automatic transmission leave alone a petrol engine. The S cross was a massive disappointment in terms of sales after its launch, so I don't think the auto will be introduced any time soon.
I say this because I was in the market around 10 months back, went with the Ecosport and couldn't be more happier.
glikithvinayaka is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th November 2017, 11:36   #833
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by glikithvinayaka View Post
In my opinion it is no surprise. Consider the Brezza, it has been selling like hot cakes and they haven't even considered introducing an automatic transmission leave alone a petrol engine. The S cross was a massive disappointment in terms of sales after its launch, so I don't think the auto will be introduced any time soon.
I say this because I was in the market around 10 months back, went with the Ecosport and couldn't be more happier.
They are waiting for the 1.5 diesel and 1.5 petrol engines to give an automatic option on the Brezza and also on the S-cross. They need something new in the roadmap every year to boost sales. No point giving everything in one go - good for consumer but not good for Suzuki
bhpfaninblr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th November 2017, 11:46   #834
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vishnurp99 View Post
Had a chance to test drive Scross today. Observations give n below.

1. The car was very refined and easy to drive at low speeds.
Must have driven to around 90 kmh and it felt adequately powered with linear acceleration. Light clutch and easy gearshifts.
2. Simple high quality interiors . Good headroom, knee room and airy view all around. Especially good in back seat.
Dad was in the back seat and he rated the back seat comfort better than the Verna , Creta and Nexon that we test drove recently
3. The looks are a bit too garish for my taste. Not a deal breaker though.
4. The Zeta is VFM and comes around 11.35 lakhs here.
5. Dynamics was good but felt some body roll. Good stability and decent steering feedback.

Apparently there has been around 80 bookings of the Scross in TVM so far and they have delivered 22 cars so far according to SA. 2 Months waiting period.
Dear Sir,
Thank you for the information. From which dealer in Trivandrum you got the car test driven?

I too had a test drive on an S-Cross alpha and have a similar line of opinion about the car! I took test drive from nexa show room located by the side of MGM school, near techno park. I have not felt any effect of SVHS - either positive or negative! Here also, the SA told about the two months waiting period as on date.
Old 6th November 2017, 14:52   #835
BHPian

This was the technovalley nexa. The one near Infy/SFS flats.
vishnurp99 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th November 2017, 18:02   #836
Senior - BHPian

Just today saw one in blue color. It looks really smashing from the front. But it looks boring from back :( MSIL missed huge opportunity here i guess. They should have make rear also smashing like they have front now. It would have made car look completely different and smashing. New alloys also looks cool. Sad that Maruti invested only in front and not in back ... From back it looks really boring ..
aniketi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th November 2017, 23:01   #837
BHPian

Looks like the scross sales is about 5600 odd for the month of October. Will be happy to see this car do good if this turns out to be true.

I think it's a very competitive car.
vishnurp99 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th November 2017, 00:29   #838
BHPian

Quote:
Looks like the scross sales is about 5600 odd for the month of October. Will be happy to see this car do good if this turns out to be true.

I think it's a very competitive car.
That is awesome - Even the Ciaz sold less than 5K in October if I am not wrong. The new S-cross has certainly set the charts on fire. The Zeta would be the one driving the bulk of these sales
Old 8th November 2017, 01:59   #839
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iFuel View Post
You would have to squint hard and stretch your eyeballs to see this car amongst the many that are on the road. Nothing about it said 'look at me'.

That ridiculous Brezza is a better looker, sorry to say that. And that is selling like hot cakes, even though s-cross had a lot more to offer.
I couldn't help chuckle at your description. In my two years with the car, I can say with conviction that the looks only grow on you with time. I have colleagues who endorse this same feeling.

The stereotypical boring looks remind me of the VW Golf that I was eagerly waiting for, but never debuted in India. Then again, to every man, his own

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leoshashi View Post
Since most of the pics of the new S cross we have seen so far are in Blue, presenting the Alpha variant in Premium Silver shade that I spotted yesterday.
This is one colour that looks kind of similar to the pre-facelift. The dazzling blue wins by leaps and bounds.

Quote:
Will be happy to see this car do good if this turns out to be true. I think it's a very competitive car.
It always was. Just that it looks more stylish and appealing to the masses, and definitely, less European than before
pannags is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th November 2017, 11:25   #840
BHPian

So i took a test drive of the car and booked it on the spot.

Here are my observations :

1. The car feels premium inside out. It is unmistakably a premium offering from Maruti and they have made sure it feels so.

Interiors :

Clean, Spacious and Comfortable. I went back to back to creta, captur, duster. None of them felt all these three.

Drive :

The clutch and gear box is just lovely. Clutch is light and short. Surprising for a diesel. The brakes are fantastic. The suspension pretty decent.

1.3MJD

Ok, so this was worrying to me, so after booking the vehicle, i test drove the car 2 more times given everyone was hating MSIL for it but the power is adequate. It never feels under powered. Linear acceleration. Below 2000 RPM there is considerable lag but isn't a deal breaker.

VFM :

Leather seats, LED Projectors and plenty of features coupled with a big practical inside - There is absolutely no car that costs 13.5L OTR that offers all these.

I had booked the Zeta first but one look at an Scross on my IVRM with those sweet LED projectors and I ran to the showroom the next day and upgraded to Alpha.

I hope this helps.

Last edited by GTO : 8th November 2017 at 17:18. Reason: LED projectors, not bi-xenon :)
autohead115 is offline   (5) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks