Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: Which design of S-Cross do you like better?
Current design is better 150 23.44%
Facelifted look is much better 297 46.41%
It's a matter of personal taste but actually both look good 59 9.22%
Neither of the two look any good to me 134 20.94%
Voters: 640. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 28th September 2017, 22:33   #691
Senior - BHPian

re: 2016 Suzuki S-Cross facelift leaked. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 8.49 lakh

IMHO this facelift is a 'downgrade' of the S Cross, that toothy/dental braces like grill harks back to the Hyundai's of yore. Just one weak engine option on such a big car and just the manual! Maruti has effectively killed the S Cross with this! No; don't even think of that dim wit AMT and charge a premium for that, in the future. I think Maruti is dragging it's feet on that promised 1.5 L petrol engine: Where is it?
Durango Dude is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th September 2017, 22:47   #692
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saurabh041086 View Post
What have they done to slow it down.

I do not understand SHVS completely but is it something that will impact the the acceleration as well?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Naren View Post
I have noticed that even Ciaz SVHS was slower when compared to the one without SVHS. Thanks to "Kitna Deti Hai" ECU map .

Autocar V Box : 0-100
Ciaz 1.3 : 12.99 sec
Ciaz 1.3 SVHS : 15.5 sec
I recently had an experience of driving an Ertiga over 150kms. It was a ZDi+ with SHVS and fuel efficiency was great at 25.3kmpl. But the pickup was not as good as my Brezza. I thought it would be due to dynamics of a different car. Now after reading the responses here, I feel that SHVS does slow down the car.
Old 29th September 2017, 02:12   #693
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pkothak View Post
Few S-cross features comparing to Brezza:
  • Tilt and telescopic steering.
  • More knee room space at rear bench and more boot space.
  • Overall better build quality.
  • Better dashboard plastic quality.
  • Better looks than the previous model (of course its a subjective for each and everyone's personal choice).
  • Last but not the least, the so called Nexa Experience .
Don't forget S-Cross is the world car model whereas the Brezza isn't.
Therefore, the structural rigidity and the ability to absorb energy during crash are at international standard compare to Brezza.

Last edited by mohandas : 29th September 2017 at 02:14.
Old 29th September 2017, 05:23   #694
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mohandas View Post
Therefore, the structural rigidity and the ability to absorb energy during crash are at international standard compare to Brezza.
Just because it is a world car model does not mean that the local version has same structural rigidity as those sold in other countries such as European countries. Only a crash test of local model will prove its structural rigidity.
Simhi is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th September 2017, 06:21   #695
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gopalnt View Post
Apart from that "All Disk Breaks", I don't see any compelling reason to have S-Cross over Brezza.
Apart from disc brakes, there are many other reasons to pick the S-Cross over Brezza. Even without the 1.6L engine.

My top 3 will be bigger and better seats, build quality and the suspension. MSIL has compromised quite a bit to position Brezza inside that 4 meter mark.

This thread will be a good start: Brezza vs S-Cross

Quote:
I have noticed that even Ciaz SVHS was slower when compared to the one without SVHS. Thanks to "Kitna Deti Hai" ECU map .

Sad to note that the facelifted car is going to be slower compared to older 1.3. This is one of the biggest problems with MSIL. They just try to eke out that last bit of fuel efficiency with each refresh. Look where the performance of that K12M engine is now. It was so good when it debuted.
deetjohn is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 29th September 2017, 06:47   #696
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by deetjohn View Post
Apart from disc brakes, there are many other reasons to pick the S-Cross over Brezza. Even without the 1.6L engine.
My top 3 will be bigger and better seats, build quality and the suspension. MSIL has compromised quite a bit to position Brezza inside that 4 meter mark.
I agree! The S-Cross is probably the only Suzuki sold in India which can match that solid European feel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by deetjohn
Sad to note that the facelifted car is going to be slower compared to older 1.3. This is one of the biggest problems with MSIL. They just try to eke out that last bit of fuel efficiency with each refresh.
They made the S-Cross look aggressive with the toothy grille, and the tamed it by knocking off the 1.6!
vb-saan is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 29th September 2017, 08:32   #697
BHPian

Quote:

I use to think S cross as the most value proposition from Maruti and preferred this facelift over the previous one. But now i fail to understand what is the case for this SHVS thing. It does not gain any tax benefit. With above numbers it clearly shows that those additional kmpl is purely due to mapping that they provide on SHVS equipped cars.

So much for this mild hybrid, though it is not serving any purpose apart from kmpl. A mode selector could have been a solution to their high kmpl ambitions.

Earlier this year I had settled my mind for what S cross 0-100 performance was, plus new fascia and the practicality. But it seems Maruti just lost a S cross fan and prospective buyer in me. Will test drive the car soon.

Last edited by saurabh041086 : 29th September 2017 at 08:34.
Old 29th September 2017, 10:21   #698
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by vb-san View Post
They made the S-Cross look aggressive with the toothy grille, and the tamed it by knocking off the 1.6!
The traditional Maruti sticker job (all show, no go), in principle. Should've called it RS while they were at it
Old 29th September 2017, 10:38   #699
BHPian

S-cross 1.6 was on top of my wishlist when I would go for car shopping somewhere next year. Though I have still not discarded it completely, but now it does not have the pull that was there with clean, classy exterior and powerful engine. 1.6 was the only maruti stable car that I have ever wanted to own, without a compromise.
Old 29th September 2017, 11:01   #700
BHPian

Reason for not launching petrol

Quote:
“Right now, in this segment, 80% vehicles sold are diesel vehicles because it gives good torque. We also have Vitarra Brezza which is only diesel and it is very popular,” Mr Kalsi said.
I don't think this makes much sense. Maruti is the leader in less than 15lacs SUV/CUV segment in terms of volumes. Given that Maruti is the only manufacturer which is not offering petrol engine, the number is only 80%.

I am sure the moment you consider Ecosport, Creta, Duster and WRV, the petrol contribution would be as high as 40% if not more.

Maruti is clearly struggling to keep up with the current demand so shying away from launching petrol variant.
damager21 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th September 2017, 11:08   #701
BHPian

Most of us seem to have preferred the understated old design. But looking at the beefier stance, and the bling, i think Suzuki have addressed what a vast majority were expecting out of the car originally. Let us see how the prices turn out and what the pricing does to the car.

It was sad to see the best built Maruti car languish in sales.
Old 29th September 2017, 11:52   #702
Distinguished - BHPian

Everytime I look at this refreshed model, it looks like a BMW X3/X5 to me specially from the sides and in that deep blue shade. Anyone else feels the same way?
drmohitg is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th September 2017, 12:10   #703
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmohitg View Post
Anyone else feels the same way?
Yes, definitely it looks like a Beemer especially with the 'Nexa' Blue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by damager21 View Post
Reason for not launching petrol
As far as I'm aware, Brezza will not see a petrol variant anytime soon. One big reason is demand supply mismatch leading to huge waiting period and another is a suitable petrol engine for Brezza. The case might be similar for the new S-Cross.

Quote:
Originally Posted by saurabh041086 View Post
But now i fail to understand what is the case for this SHVS thing. It does not gain any tax benefit. With above numbers it clearly shows that those additional kmpl is purely due to mapping that they provide on SHVS equipped cars.

So much for this mild hybrid, though it is not serving any purpose apart from kmpl. A mode selector could have been a solution to their high kmpl ambitions.

Quote:

I was wondering, why not evaluate a RaceDynamics DieselTronic box in a SHVS equipped engine and maybe we can get best of both worlds! Good mileage when required and power when required. Has anyone tried a DieselTronic box in a SHVS engine? Any feedback?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simhi View Post
Just because it is a world car model does not mean that the local version has same structural rigidity as those sold in other countries such as European countries. Only a crash test of local model will prove its structural rigidity.
Ya, quite true. How can we forget Swift? The Indian Swift got Zero stars whereas European had 4/5 stars?
BoneCollector is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 29th September 2017, 12:14   #704
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmohitg View Post
Everytime I look at this refreshed model, it looks like a BMW X3/X5 to me specially from the sides and in that deep blue shade. Anyone else feels the same way?
Yes, but more like the 2-series MPV I believe. The vertical grille of the S-Cross add to that look

2016 Suzuki S-Cross facelift leaked. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 8.49 lakh-170929_144100_collage1.jpg
vb-saan is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 29th September 2017, 13:15   #705
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by mohandas View Post
Brezza is based on international Vitara which means - its the same platform as the SCross.

That said - both being Maruti Suzuki cars - I'd have my fingers crossed till GlobalNCAP or some similar agency is able to prove that the cars are not compromised compared to their international counterparts.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks