Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th March 2016, 10:24   #46
BANNED

Re: Mahindra Nuvosport is the updated Quanto

Quote:
Originally Posted by akileshsri View Post
But proud of the fact that an Indian company is taking on the competition head on with so much balls!
Actually, it is a shame to have a car like xylo in your product lineup. What an idiot-looking car it is! That too, from a manufacturer who makes xuv and tuv (whatever overdone the xuv is)! I may look to buy a mahindra only when they stop xylo and its cutshort versions. So irritating to see it.
Old 5th March 2016, 13:56   #47
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by romeomidhun View Post
Actually, it is a shame to have a car like xylo in your product lineup. What an idiot-looking car it is! That too, from a manufacturer who makes xuv and tuv (whatever overdone the xuv is)! I may look to buy a mahindra only when they stop xylo and its cutshort versions. So irritating to see it.
The Xylo is mostly targeting the taxi segment and are able to maintain the sales of 500 units on a consistent basis. Why would they want to kill Xylo when they are trying to revive the done and dusted Quanto .
jpcoolguy is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th March 2016, 15:43   #48
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpcoolguy View Post
The Xylo is mostly targeting the taxi segment and are able to maintain the sales of 500 units on a consistent basis. Why would they want to kill Xylo when they are trying to revive the done and dusted Quanto .
Instead of thinking about the meagre 500 units it is selling now, you should think about the potential of a good looking replacement. Innova and ertiga are selling 5k per month. Even they are able to sell 2-3k xuvs per month.
Old 7th March 2016, 08:38   #49
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1100D View Post
Mahindra, please Launch this with the 2.2 mHawk and the 4wd drivetrain as you have on some export variants.
and 215/75 R15, which is also standard for export variants.
Old 7th March 2016, 14:28   #50
BHPian

Quote:
I would say it's a shame people call something ugly without experiencing it. As the saying goes "Beauty is in the eye of the beholder". Car reviews are just a good starting point. You got to live with the car to really appreciate the goods and hate or adjust to the ills of the car.
As a guy who's owning a xylo for 6 years now and driven 70k kms, I would say it's very comfortable and feels like a house on wheels. The space is very well utilized and is great for long trips. It's also my daily ride to office and been very low on maintenance as well.Yes it is not sporty to drive or feature packed like some other cars, but it was a very bold and wise concept that Mahindra came up at a time when no other manufacturer dared to think of.
This is a MUV built for a purpose (to provide great comfort and space on the inside) and it more than satisfies that. It's not meant for racing or beauty pageants.
I hope M&M has an updated version on the pipeline. Otherwise it's a shame they have let down such a GEM of a concept to die down.
classact is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 7th March 2016, 15:16   #51
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by classact View Post
I would say it's a shame people call something ugly without experiencing it.
I don't need to experience a car to tell whether it is ugly or not. Seeing it, I can decide on its beauty.

By the way, don't think I didn't experience it. Experienced it many times as they are used as our company shuttles. Agree that there are a lot of space in it (the only positive, IMO), but the ride is bumpy with excessive up-and-down movement, and handles like a boat on curves.
Old 7th March 2016, 16:00   #52
BHPian

Quote:
I don't need to experience a car to tell whether it is ugly or not. Seeing it, I can decide on its beauty.

By the way, don't think I didn't experience it. Experienced it many times as they are used as our company shuttles. Agree that there are a lot of space in it (the only positive, IMO), but the ride is bumpy with excessive up-and-down movement, and handles like a boat on curves.
Rides like a boat is another "review term" that I would stay away from. With the right air pressure, wheel alignment, balancing and good driving (respecting the dimensions of the car), it is a good ride. Traveling in a Xylo taxi and deciding on its ride quality is not rendering a fair image of your opinion. It may not have been maintained well because I can feel lot of difference before/after wheel alignment/balancing. I didn't experience this vast difference in other cars like ikon/esteem.
classact is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th March 2016, 23:40   #53
BHPian

Just wondering as to whether this launch would be officially reviewed by Team-BHP or not. @ Mods, any hints?
Old 9th March 2016, 09:07   #54

This 'updated' Quanto still doesn't make the ugly duckling pretty. The front end looks like too much of a mess. I wonder what role would Pininfarina play at Mahindra. I really hope to see even bits and pieces of Pininfarina design on M&M's mainstream cars.
Old 13th March 2016, 15:31   #55
BHPian

Quote:
I think we all, here at Team-BHP, love their cars and using such extreme words might not be appropriate.
Looks are subjective, and obviously not the only defining factor when it comes to buying any sort of vehicle.
Here is my Mahindra Xylo H4 (ABS) bought in the month of September 2015 after considering and taking test drives of Tata Safari, Toyota Innova, Mahindra Scorpio, Mahindra XUV 500, Mahindra TUV 300.
This 2015 edition Mahindra Xylo was better than them all when it comes to my priorities. I wanted a vehicle in which I can go for long holidays with family & friends, a vehicle which had power, ample ground clearance, would be comfortable for 7-8 people and won't have reliability issues.
This 2015 edition of Xylo has 2.2 mHawk engine in its bay which is a proven workhorse, electronic stability control, comfort suspension and no it does not rock like a boat. Nothing comes close to it under 30L when it comes to comfortably seating 8 passengers on board.
Its a beast and I have named it Dominator, and it does stand by its name. I own a Xylo, and I am proud of the decision I made, and I believe it is the most under rated vehicle in India as of now.
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra Nuvosport is the updated Quanto-xylobhp.jpg  

Mahindra Nuvosport is the updated Quanto-xylobhp.jpg  

wrongturn is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 13th March 2016, 16:08   #56
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrongturn View Post
Its a beast and I have named it Dominator, and it does stand by its name. I own a Xylo, and I am proud of the decision I made, and I believe it is the most under rated vehicle in India as of now.
I too agree. There is no vehicle that can carry 7 people in more comfort than a Xylo. The Xylo that most people talk about is the one they checked out in the showrooms 5 years ago. It has evolved since then and Mahindra have been able to get it closer now to the vision they had for the Xylo in the first place. Before commenting on the Xylo, its a request, go check it our now and then air your thoughts.

I think the main reason people are staying away from the Xylo is the resale value. They are going to find it difficult to even sell the car, let alone get a good price for it a few years down the line. Also, since the Xylo did not sell in great numbers, procurement of body parts etc. would be a concern a few years down the line

What you have done is mapped your requirement and picked the vehicle that ticked the most boxes for you. Majority of the population would want to go with the Innova since they want to play it safe.
TheARUN is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th March 2016, 09:49   #57
BHPian

Any update wrt launch? Mahindra marketing team seems quite quiet considering the estimated launch of March 3rd week.
Mahindra site still displaying Quanto & could not find any micro-site for 'NuvoSport'. Interested to know what Mahindra brings on table to counter Brezza & (Cost slashed) EcoSport.
Old 14th March 2016, 12:24   #58
BHPian

I somehow feel that the looks are quite Ok considering what Quanto used to look before.
However I have an off-topic query
The Quanto has a decent engine a proper 4 cylinder with a good 100 bhp. Why cant Mahindra use this engine in the TUV 300 instead of the 3 pot that many have said 'feels under powered'?
Old 14th March 2016, 12:44   #59
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by schitre05 View Post
I somehow feel that the looks are quite Ok considering what Quanto used to look before.
However I have an off-topic query
The Quanto has a decent engine a proper 4 cylinder with a good 100 bhp. Why cant Mahindra use this engine in the TUV 300 instead of the 3 pot that many have said 'feels under powered'?
Quanto engine is also a 3 cylinder one but with higher bhp which you correctly stated. Most likely reason for retuning would be to increase fuel efficiency.
mrbaddy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd March 2016, 17:52   #60
Senior - BHPian

Mahindra has officially confirmed that it will launch the NuvoSport in the 1st week of April. While this vehicle looks like a redesigned Quanto, it is based on the same new-generation platform as the Scorpio and TUV300.

Mahindra Nuvosport is the updated Quanto-1.jpg

Mahindra Nuvosport is the updated Quanto-2.jpg

Link to Team-BHP news article

Last edited by Tushar : 22nd March 2016 at 17:53.
Tushar is offline   (5) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks